FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FG1NS - RB2 Easy guitar
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
qirex  

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally hit the 9 million mark on Vox tonight, with a good run of WGFA. AND I got the gold on next to you (messy on the OW though, but fuck it, I'll take it.)

And I just realized I'm less than 100 points from an overall 35 million career score (all 4 instruments combined.) Fuck - I should have squeezed something, one fucking time, ever.

I've been doing some "Phil Collins" mode recently, in preparation of attempting to do the ESL by myself. I already have the platinum icon on my guitar, but I feel the need to be 'complete' for some reason. Of course.. the platinum icon is tied to a character I don't prefer to use, so I'll probably have to re-do that, too. Anyhow, I was going through the "easy" songs in BWT, and decided to see how I'd do at the "hard" songs in quick-play.

I passed WGFA and RTTH, and then, while I was on a roll, knocked this out:

Last edited by qirex on Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
BigZ7337  

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

qirex wrote:
bump for 9 million on Vox and BBF Drox 5*, and for being within 100 points of 35 million overall.

Nice score on blinded by fear, what do you use for singing when you're drumming, a boom mic or a headset? Also, I had just looked at the all instrument thread and saw you had 34999000 and lol'd a little. I still have a while before I hit 35 million.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice BBF score. I plan to DL the Thrash pack this weekend and I'm a little excited for the songs that will break my drums. Nice well-roundedness

XBL ragnartheawful PSN Ragnar_the_Awful
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: ragnartheawful PSN Name: Ragnar_the_Awful
qirex  

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigZ7337 wrote:
what do you use for singing when you're drumming, a boom mic or a headset? Also, I had just looked at the all instrument thread and saw you had 34999000 and lol'd a little. I still have a while before I hit 35 million.

Currently using a boom stand mic, but I still can't get it in the perfect position. I bring my arms way up when drumming on some sections (usually for timing purposes in sections where one hand is doing a fast beat and the other is doing a steady, but slower, pattern.) Anyhow, I wind up hitting the stand, which *does* affect the vocals somewhat. I'm seriously considering trying to find a good USB headset mic, which, of course, would be useless as headphones w/ the xbox. And the wire would have to be about 12 feet long to be able to not be in the way.

You'll hit 35 million soon enough, I'm sure. If my nephew would leave with his new Army of Two game, maybe I could get some xbox time to get to 35 myself.

And evilgoat -- thanks for the recognition of the well-roundedness. I figure I'm never going to be "top any number that matters" on any *one* instrument, but I can (for the time being, as long as they keep releasing weekly DLC and people don't feel compelled to actually try vox or bass) stay towards the top of the Drum Strum and Hum overall boards.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, man! I didn't even know you had an Accomplishments thread... dunno, maybe I thought that your awesomeness is self-evident? This is good stuff, but I'm biased and want to see more voxtar accomplishments

When I play drox, I've got the stand up high, with the boom coming down almost like an overhead (about a hair less than a 90 degree angle) and it's positioned so that the boom "intersects" the kit between the blue and green pads. This means that I'm turning my head slightly to the right to sing, which strains my eyes a little bit, but it works for keeping the sticks from hitting the stand (you're doing most of your work on the other side of the kit).

What does your setup look like?
- All 3,255 RB1 BWT stars collected (solo, voxtar, expert)

Voxtar guide.
qirex  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SS - I gave your setup a try, and it seemed to work out pretty decently. As for "my setup", I've tried a dozen or so different angles and positions for the boom, so I wouldn't say I have an "official" setup.

Bump for

58 songs, 58 stars "achievement"

Easy Drum Scores

The other 15 songs not represented above (the ones you don't get in "easy" drum career) have individual pics linked in the scores page of SH.

Also, I got a webcam for free, and figured I'd get into this whole Rock Band vidoes on YouTube shit. Of course, nobody cares about how well I can play, so I put together some videos of how poorly I can play.

In an effort to convince people to watch them all the way through, I will say that on many of them, there's something "fun" in them. Like.. the dog starts barking, and I yell. Or I sing along for a few seconds.

Yeah.. so.. youtube

http://www.youtube.com/user/pinesquirrel

Last edited by qirex on Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
socialskills  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I spent a good 5 minutes laughing at your comments on the 1* easy drums board... then I spent another good 20 minutes with just the Flirtin' With Disaster video. I'm gonna save the rest of them for when I need to be cheered up at work.

Voxtar guide.
evilgoat  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qirex wrote:
58 songs, 58 stars

Congrats on this big win. A truly unique accomplishment, and great pics to boot. Nice one!

XBL ragnartheawful PSN Ragnar_the_Awful
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: ragnartheawful PSN Name: Ragnar_the_Awful
emptyset  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that gave (and continues to give) me so many laughs. I got a good laugh out of you telling your dog to shut up during Next to You.

Awesome (?) job, man. Also, your comments are priceless. "Optimal?" "wtf no GS?"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice 1* videos there.

And that's awesome that you're doing voxdrums, drox, or whatever! Not too many people can do multitasking, and voxdrummers seem to be even rarer than voxtarists.

I agree with you on the well-rounded thing too - you should definitely be proud to be doing so well on everything, even if you're not the "best" at any one thing. When I get a drumkit I hope to join your ranks someday.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: SG Lammy
qirex  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emptyset wrote:
Wow, that gave (and continues to give) me so many laughs. I got a good laugh out of you telling your dog to shut up during Next to You.

Awesome (?) job, man. Also, your comments are priceless. "Optimal?" "wtf no GS?"

Thanks. I had to do *something* to keep interested, and funny comments seemed like the way to go. I wish I'd gotten videos of all of them, but I didn't get a webcam till this past weekend (it was free with something else) and I'll be damned if I'm going to re-do that shit.

I realized after the fact that it would've been far funnier to have yelled "would someone shut that damn dog up -- i'm trying to concentrate here!!". I may have to stage something like this in the future - maybe during a hilariously bad vocal performance.

Geek- thanks for the nice words. One of these days I want to have scores in for all (on-disc) songs voxtar/voxbass/drox. I need another couple weeks of "no new DLC" like we had at the beginning of April to catch up, though.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5* Expert Vox! (aka Fuck You Mississippi Queen and Gimme Shelter, you fucking fucks!)

Finally got around to 5*'ing Gimme Shelter, Wave of Mutilation, Mississippi Queen, and Blood Doll tonight on Vox. Gimme Shelter, of course, was just a son-of-a-bitch. Blood Doll I've always had trouble hearing, but finally sat down (actually, stood up) and just worked it through. The other two.. Mississippi Queen I had to turn the volume down so i couldn't hear that tone-deaf cat-in-heat, and Wave of Mutilation I never got around to because there were easier ways to pick up another 10,000 points.

So... awesome story, huh?

In any event, that gives me 58/58 5* on Guitar, Bass, and Vox. 4 more to go on Drums for the complete 4-branched-log.. NTY, RTTH, WGFA, and Outside. WGFA and Outside I can get with some practice. RTTH I still need to FOUR star before I worry about five. And Next to You.. I suppose is do-able...

BTW - the 3rd and 4th whisper talky in Blood Doll work well if you combine a "miss piggy" voice with just a hint of "yoda". The first two.. not so much.

Last edited by qirex on Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
socialskills  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:36 am    Post subject: Re: Expert Vox 5-starred ~~ Qirex' stuff Reply with quote

Congrats on vocal career 5*! That should make voxtaring/multitasking much easier to score on.

qirex wrote:
In any event, that gives me 58/58 5* on Guitar, Bass, and Vox. 4 more to go on Drums for the complete 4-branched-log.. NTY, RTTH, WGFA, and Outside.

I'm in the exact same boat as you, though I may not have 5* on Go With the Flow either. I'd put money on you getting there first

Voxtar guide.
sentimentalgeek  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: Expert Vox 5-starred ~~ Qirex' stuff Reply with quote

socialskills wrote:
Congrats on vocal career 5*! That should make voxtaring/multitasking much easier to score on.

I heartily endorse this message ^^

But seriously, congrats! And yeah, Mississippi Queen and Gimme Shelter are...grrrrr.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: SG Lammy
qirex  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night, I hit 9.5 million on my solo vocal career. 10's my next "goal" but 9.5 took a little effort to get to.

In other news, I completed the Endless Setlist today, by myself, as a drummer and vocalist, so now I have fancy platinum icons on all instruments. About 70% of the songs were "sightreads" - meaning, I'd never done them drumming/singing before. I've obviously done the parts individually, though.

When it was all said and done, I wound up with 2 Golds (Creep and Ballroom Blitz), 3 3-stars (Outside, Detroit Rock City, and Dead on Arrival), and 259/290 total stars. The only song I had to do twice was Cant Let Go, and I managed to hit about 80% of the Red Train in TKAR (well after the OD notes) before breaking combo.

Not horrible for drox, if I do say so myself.

Last edited by qirex on Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: