FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rapid-Fire Voxtar Rivalry- Total FC's through 6 weeks!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SilverSwift  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm done for today, and I got whipped. Great fun though! Good luck to all on WGTB, and The Middle does look tough on the tambos based on the chart, yeesh.

emptyset wrote:
I should ban you all and never look back.
sentimentalgeek  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! I got back home late last night and finally got to play RB2 after FOUR WEEKS AWAY. Ugh! Boy was I rusty when I started. I think I'm starting to get back into the groove now though, and am pretty satisfied with my day 1 results.

Also still learning to alt-strum, which I can do pretty well when I'm doing solo guitar now, but it's presenting some interesting new challenges for me in the multitasking department for sure.

Oh, ROCK'N ME. How could I have forgotten how evil this one is?? Maybe I didn't count it in the "worthy multitasking FCs" because it's already considered pretty hard to FC on vocals (mostly due to the Gimme Shelter-like "Woo hoo hoo yeah" phrase). But....blah! That's all I have to say about pretty much the whole thing.

Haven't listened to Like A Fool yet. Guess I'd better start cracking on that then! It took me about 15 minutes just to figure out where to redeem my 20 Free Songs Code in the New XBox Live Experience.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: SG Lammy
nillacocajola  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Like a Fool" is considered one of the toughest vocal songs out of the 20 Free DLC, and isn't the easiest Guitar track (my last FC of the 20).

Anyway, I've never been so excited to play WGTB. Looks like this will be more fun than I thought.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: nillacocajola
socialskills  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Results posted for We Got the Beat! Congrats to nilla!
- All 3,255 RB1 BWT stars collected (solo, voxtar, expert)

Voxtar guide.
nillacocajola  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, that's close. I'm glad I didn't stick with my original score of 318,xxx.

Nice job guys! Way to go on half of us beating the old first place score.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: nillacocajola
qirex  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

curses!

hey nilla - what'd you use for a path? I came up with vocals 2/sk1 4/sk1 with about a .75 phrase delay on the guitar for both activations.

I know.. "about" isn't very scientific...

Ah well, I'll enjoy my first place on the leaderboards till you get around to posting your score.

EDIT: (literally, 10 seconds later..) that was short-lived...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, that's interesting - are you missing an activation on yours, or did you just end up with some leftover OD? My vocal path was 2/sk1FS 2/AT 4/sk1, with guitar activations right where the phrases started - I botched the last activation and lost something like 1000-2000 points, but ah well.

Still, incredible job. After I got my score, I was curious to see if anyone else would end up topping my score because of my activation mistake. Very close.
socialskills  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nillacocajola wrote:
My vocal path was 2/sk1FS 2/AT 4/sk1, with guitar activations right where the phrases started

That's what I used to get my shitty 313k! I was sure you used q's path, because that's what I used to gank 1st place from you

P.S. No offense to anyone who scored around or lower than 313k, I just get upset when I don't win

Voxtar guide.

Last edited by socialskills on Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
nillacocajola  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

socialskills wrote:
nillacocajola wrote:
My vocal path was 2/sk1FS 2/AT 4/sk1, with guitar activations right where the phrases started

That's what I used to get my shitty 313k! I was sure you used q's path, because that's what I used to gank 1st place from you

...oh, it's on. The squeezing begins tomorrow, son.

EDIT: Wait, it'll be on Wednesday. The squeezing begins Wednesday, son.
socialskills  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nillacocajola wrote:

Haha... dude, get in the IRC chat so we can talk shit properly. (EDIT: Never mind. I'm off to bed. But don't be shy; me and q are always in there and once in a while so is SG.)

Also, there's a pretty significant squeeze possible on q's 2nd activation. Figure that out and you can probably break 330k.

Voxtar guide.
nillacocajola  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

socialskills wrote:
nillacocajola wrote:

Haha... dude, get in the IRC chat so we can talk shit properly. (EDIT: Never mind. I'm off to bed. But don't be shy; me and q are always in there and once in a while so is SG.)

Also, there's a pretty significant squeeze possible on q's 2nd activation. Figure that out and you can probably break 330k.

I thought about checking in, but I'm working on a couple of papers due within the next 6 hours or so. No worries - I'll catch up with you guys tomorrow night some time.

And I have no shit to talk - after looking over that path, q and yourself earn big props. I have been humbled only hours after my first victory.

On the other hand, The Middle's going to present an interesting challenge tomorrow - my 3rd Place score was not properly pathed (damn Early Windows) and I was unable to hit any of the taps. It should end up being pretty interesting to see how it turns out.
SilverSwift  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch... Congrats to everyone for some amazing scores, especially Nilla- you guys rule.

Good luck for the next song, all!

emptyset wrote:
I should ban you all and never look back.
sentimentalgeek  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job, nilla and q! And great job to everyone for double-FCing! I know this song is not very hard on either instrument alone, but still - yowsa!

Well, I'm not going to be able to double-FC any more songs this week so you all are safe. The closest I've ever come to FCing the solo in The Middle was -1 or -2, but that wasn't during a voxtar run, and I can't do that consistently, so...meh! :P
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: SG Lammy
qirex  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We still need to decide how many weeks the rivalry should last for, and when the rivalry can resume after the holidays, so if you are a participant please post your input on that!

I never posted on this, but I'll be unable to participate from the 21st until Jan 1. If I'm the only one out for 2 weeks, feel free to jump back in without me; I'll just have to build up an insurmountable lead before then.

And the 6-weeks idea SS had sounds good to me. I can continue "forever" once the new year starts, though I'll surely burn out at some point.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh right, I also forgot to chip in about how long the rivalry should go for. I'm happy with the 6 weeks that was suggested initially. That's 24 disc songs + 6 of the 20 Free DLC, which honestly is a substantial chunk of the setlist right there. I could probably keep going for a while if others wanted, but I agree that I could burn out doing 5 songs a week for much longer. This whole "rapid-fire" concept is turning out to be evil, eeeevil I tell ya.

I'm also probably not going to be able to participate between Dec 19th-Jan 1st-ish. (Though it's a Friday, Dec 19th shouldn't a problem since I can just try to crank out that song earlier in the week.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 3 of 21

Jump to: