FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tidus' TBRB XVox: New harmonies video up; my birthday! :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emptyeye  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, go for it!

I actually have to get my TB:RB replaced at some point...thanks to it being in my 360 when it got knocked over onto its side, the game crashes when you scroll over certain songs (Namely Hello Goodbye).

But as for the game itself, I agree with you--it seems like the interface makes it really easy to be just close enough that it seems like you're right on, while being just far enough away that you're actually earning no points. I know I've said it before, but it bears repeating here since you seem to agree with me.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fun songs to sing are fun. So it's a good start, eh.

And with the engine thing, I have to agree. If you feel it's a better stand than RB2 was, i'll admit I understand why you'd say that, but at others it just got ridiculous and (especially with a particular song) drove me to the point where I wanted to punch a wall really hard.

tidus wrote:
Remember that old trend, right? So, instead of retiring because I suck at this game, I nailed this motherfucker without understanding completely this engine.

You're not talking ragequit stuff like at the beginning of the year again, are you? I know, that song felt horribly discouraging at first. I couldn't even 5* it, and would ALWAYS be in the red on the last phrase because I was all whaaaaaaa...? on those ending parts. So yay for taking it down And even though you already said it, it can't be helped: TIDUS GOT BLISTERS ON HIS FINGERS!!!!!!!

And when you move in to your new house, I hope it has a reliable connection.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job on those FCs! And I'm wondering how hard is Helter Skelter? Do you think it deserves its tiering? Also could you let me know what the toughies of this game are? Since I plan on going for a FGFC eventually as well since Beatles are...just The Beatles can't put it any better then that, but anyway awesome job.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beatles is, imo, the toughest rock band FGFC to date... admitedly, thats not saying much, but it does have its tricky songs, and this, imo, is one of them. it certainly took me the longest to FC. awesome job
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Starchaser NI
tidus  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone! I'd like to make it short this time (I'll have to leave real soon ), but I can tell a little more about the history behind the Helter Skelter FC. When I got the hang of those lines on the solo, I proceeded to reach it. It was tough, seems the pie stopped filling all of a sudden occasionally, causing 2 chokes on easy phrases after the solo.

Then that stupid warble on the 3rd verse came. This phrase was one of the combo breakers, then "She's coming down fast, yes she is", which I had to downshift by TWO octaves to be able to nail it. Then the needle, for two times in a row, was up to rob me from my FC on the following phrase, by getting stuck on the top of the highway on the bit before the scrolling. One choke, and one Fab with 32 points dropped. This song is one of the hardest for me, there are quite a bunch of strict songs, and Hello Goodbye was a brutal sightread for me, despite that won't mean too much depending on how I work.

So, that's the gist of it. I bumped this thread for a new video, which is exceptionally up today (it's supposed to be uploaded on Tuesdays) in account of SaikoSakura's birthday, thus repeating the gesture at '09, on her previous birthday (go dig my updates, there is it), and the workout that I'm glad of doing, two birthday videos in a row. Also, a video that I was promising to do since I got the USB mic to have the priviledge to play TB:RB. Guess I can stop feeling guilty.

"******" XVox FC

*You'll know there which song I picked Enjoy!

Also, on a side note, I forgot the camera, but I got 2 new FCs on the little time I had. SPLHCB/WALHFMF and Paperback Writer. The former was a bit tricky because of the minor slides on the 1st part, and a terrible score because RB vocal activations still suck. The latter is extremely overtiered, and I assume I got the optimal path all by myself

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ow, I don't think I would have liked missing like that. =( For those ending phrases I couldn't do them in normal octave either. My range isn't too broad, when it comes to high stuff I usually have to rest it.

And Hello Goodbye? I remember at one point when I was trying to FC that, I couldn't keep a straight face because of what killzonedout had in his sig at one point (about how he was with We Accidentally TBRB but would never live that song down). I had four chokes on the second to last phrase before I got that one. Sometimes it feels like if you don't hit certain pitches right, it blows the whole thing.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some stupid warbling going on that song, and the gigantic jumps on the end (those ones that go up to A5), so thankfully there's a functional training mode. But for now, I'm giving TBRB another break. The FGFC can wait, the league and the weekly videos can't, to they're 1st and 2nd priority, respectively.

Speaking of videos...I forgot to update this thread with this week's video, finally another high-leveled LEGO setlist song. Been too lazy lately, probably because it looked like I was cluttering this section by bumping the thread for weekly videos. Anyway...for now, I go with songs like these, considering the very lenient engine.

"I Want You Back" XVox FC

Also, I got a 6th on the 1st week of the league. Maybe I shoulda been more patient with American Woman. For this week, I lagged the game ahead in 20/20, being seen that I've activated beyond way too early, let's see how things turn out. Between the league shit, I messed around on the Classic Rock TP, and more Peace of Mind suckage. Thanks RB2. But...

I got a Boston DLC FC anyway

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
B-Fuzz  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the IWYB video, really helped with the high notes at the end!

I would rate and comment on the video if YT would let me log in. >_<

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful, exactly seven months since I don't update this

Yeah, I've been taking a break from Drums (I have a RB1 drumkit since the end of the year), and was dying to see how effective the vibrato is on the newer RB interface. This should be where I stay at to kill some time before the GH:WoR Vocals leagues start. I still don't have RB3, and will have to wait for February 21st to buy it, because that's when the classes will start, and the city I study at is also the city where I buy the games.

I tested the vibrato on the infamous Beatlemania section from Helter Skelter, and nailed it with much more ease. Then, I went to other infamous songs from the game, and taking for granted the fact that I already played them, I tried something else on them.

- Ticket to Ride: 1st try making it to the Outro, BOOM. How to not get a Great from nowhere on the 1st and 3rd phrases of every Bridge? I don't know. Maybe bending the voice up so I can get some extra slices for the pie? o_O
- Hello Goodbye: Like Helter Skelter before it...I'd rather stay naked on YouTube than fix this 99% FC. I was sharpened to destroy the Outro, what happens? A lot of wasted time with misses mostly on that phrase right before Chorus Break...this is painful, ya know.

I'm still to retrieve the old FC's on Paperback Writer (overtiered song is overtiered) and Sgt. Peppers/With a Little Help (I tried the re-FC and had chokes I'd never have in any Guitar Hero engine), but that makes 11 FC's so far. FGFC? Nah, we'll see as the harder songs fall. Realistic talk is where it's at.

werelord  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a while since anything on this side. (Don't worry I havn't done anything on either side...), but nice work on TBRB songs. Oh and I look forward to taking you on in the leagues

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

werelord wrote:
Oh and I look forward to taking you on in the leagues

I'm afraid not. Check the linked post and woozerkristen's post below it.

Yay, I got RB3 2 weeks earlier I was supposed to! I'll alternate between both sides while the leagues last. This might be the final attempt to "feel" a RB game, something I failed to do with TB:RB. The vocal interface has always felt like a crime to me, at least until I get used to it. The goal is something I hadn't on the RB series since LEGO: an FGFC. Even though I'm much prouder of the 57 on-disk RB1 FC's than both of my RB FGFC's together.

I had a surprising 1st day with this game on Vocals, with 2 tough FC's. Firstly, an intro to my RB3 vocals avatar. I wished I had time to redo her, with a better face. But the outfit is like it's supposed to be! Mr. Green

Due to a legacy of FCing the favorite song in a game first (starting from Don't Speak on Band Hero and kept with Bat Country on GH: Warriors of Rock), this song went first, and on a sightread. I still dream of belting this one someday.

And then the list of FC's. Some were 99% FC's, some were with random path, some were both.

Get Free: 2 tries for this one. All because I didn't expect a higher harmony to be charted at the bridge. Much like I didn't expect some of the pitched phrases.
Lasso: 99% FC. Definitely overtiered. Dropped ticks from 1st phrase and probably from the end of the 1st activation.
Me Enamora: Another 99% FC, but sightread FC! Me gusta cantar espaƱol, but that wasn't the reason why. Some fast lyrics, it might take me a while to learn if I want to belt it.
Antibodies: Got it on a "semi-sightread", restarting it before the end. It grew up on me, for my own surprise.
Beast and the Harlot: "Semi-sightread" as well, because I didn't expect the transition to the chorus to be pitched here. Always liked this song.
In a Big Country: Luckily, I listened to the song to know the part that was missing from the version on Band Hero. I had 2 of the known vocal glitches happening here: one is the infamous talky glitch, resolved by going back to the library; the other is the 2 phrases counting as one, as reported by Punkarella. In itself, the song is pitifully easy.

And these are the 2 tough FC's, one of them was after Me Enamora, and the other was after Beast and the Harlot.

- In the Meantime: One of my favorites back from GH5. Chart-wise, I'd take the GH5 version anytime. The RB3 version makes me wonder if they used dog's ears to detect not one, but TWO pitches at the low parts in "The thing they call divine" and "With tears of holy joy". But I could resolve it, even after discouraging chokes AFTER the verses.
- Bohemian Rhapsody: HOLY TRAINING, BATMAN! Harder than I expected, but obviously the No's were the combo killer. A sloooooow filler that reminds me of the RB1 times. Turns out that, after all of those times listening to the song, focusing on different harmonies at the opera section, seeing the RB3 chart and listening to people doing it on video, I kinda knew what I was supposed to do and got the FC on the 1st try after training. The last activation may be wrong, but I don't care for now.

anonymous_25  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
tidus  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeftrockX3 - Thanks for the lonely post! That's the plan, and with that the FGFC is more than possible.

This update is divided into good news and bad news.

First, the part that's just good news, good news, good news...the FC's, which included this lovely baby. Not a grind with bad chokes, learning the difficult parts was even fun. Bad last activation, but who knows? I might fix it later.

It wasn't a session of quantity, as I tried for videos. My two first RB3 videos might be truly special, the first will be my debut RB3 videos, the second will be the 100th video in my channel. For now, the 2 FC's after Good Vibrations.

Space Oddity: One of my favorites on this disk. That's all.
Portions for Foxes: Naughty song is naughty, but it's growing on me. Slowly, but surely. Kind of flailed on the last chorus, but not too bad.

Now for the part that's just bad news, bad news, bad news...I had one of those "ADHD moments" today. Lack of both patience and attention. I had the 1st video up, then I went for the 2nd, and pissed at the series of last phrase chokes, I didn't pay attention to which videos I was deleting to get free space, and accidentally deleted the 1st video. That'll be fixed tomorrow, when I'll re-record, render AND upload said video.

chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, nice to see you have Rock Band 3-oh wait, Good Vibrations and BoRhap already? Nice stuff here.

Quote:
- In the Meantime: One of my favorites back from GH5. Chart-wise, I'd take the GH5 version anytime. The RB3 version makes me wonder if they used dog's ears to detect not one, but TWO pitches at the low parts in "The thing they call divine" and "With tears of holy joy". But I could resolve it, even after discouraging chokes AFTER the verses.

You sure about that first thing? I thought you hated it back in the day from when you struggled with it...unless you're talking about as a song.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaosfreak - Thanks! Obviously, the song in itself. Catchy in...everything.

Edit: I debuted on RB3 videos...with this!

"Good Vibrations (Live)" Solo XVox FC

I SHO' 'NUFF FEEL GOOD!

Yeah, it clicked faster than expected! I'm amazed...can't remember path, but still I'm amazed. Still working on videos, so the FC's will still be slower. The "nightmare session" is still being planned.

I Wanna Be Sedated: Sadly this took 3 tries. Perhaps I learned the whole thing wrong?
Just Like Heaven: Easily my favorite in RB3 after Plush. Words can't describe my frustration for this not being on GH:WoR instead of Fascination Street. Sadly, it's a 99% FC, but I'll fix when I redo with path.

So, about the nuisances, I made this for funsies.

The debut video should come tonight.

Last edited by tidus on Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 34 of 39

Jump to: