FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Beat the actual guitarist at his own song...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justjaek  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:13 am    Post subject: Beat the actual guitarist at his own song... Reply with quote

I've just posted a video challenge for the song "Still Alive" - World Minus One. This is a song I wrote, and just out of curiousity I'm wondering who can play it better than me on RBN. If you beat my score, I'll be sending you 2 free World Minus One tracks for the effort, including a brand new one that will be coming to RBN in the future ("Fool For Your Love"). I didn't make it easy (got a little lucky, I think), but I know some people will crush this no prob.

Just send me a message through Xbox @ gamertag 'World Minus One' saying that you're higher than me on the leaderboards, and I'll send you a message with the download links...Good luck!

"Still Alive" available now on RBN (80 MSP)!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: World Minus One
BShea  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure gonna try haha Songs sounds great, def worth the $1!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Won't be partaking in this myself, but I think it's absolutely awesome that you folks are going out of your way to get your music out there, not just through RBN but especially through interactive means like this. Considering how many would suggest that the genre is getting a little stale, this is a neat way to keep things fresh and keep the players coming back. Kudos, sir, to you and all the other artists doing this.
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is awesome, i'll give it a shot.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally love the song, musically it's just awesome (picked up the ep on itunes) and it's really fun to play. However, I'm mainly a drummer, with only average skill at the plastic guitar. Any love for drummers? (I'm currently 2nd on the leaderboards)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice song. I'd buy it.

...If I didn't have a Wii.

Twitter | Trollbean | RateYourMusic | Hummingbird
Accomplishments:
RB (Latest: 25 or 6 to 4)
GHL (Latest: GHL FGFC)

Greatest canine ever to play the plastic guitar
sokushi  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just like BigZ, I'm mainly a drummer. I bought this song yesterday morning and I loved the drum chart. It would be cool if you could do something similar for both drummers and vocalists too, though I'm pretty sure I can beat that guitar score.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! Will def pick this up tomorrow when I get back. Great idea to get your song out there. Did you post this on the rockband.com forums as well?

footballtom3685  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jesse0986 wrote:
Won't be partaking in this myself, but I think it's absolutely awesome that you folks are going out of your way to get your music out there, not just through RBN but especially through interactive means like this. Considering how many would suggest that the genre is getting a little stale, this is a neat way to keep things fresh and keep the players coming back. Kudos, sir, to you and all the other artists doing this.
Agreed, it's really cool to see some of the artists offering contests like this. Win win situation as the artist gets exposure and downloads and the community gets a fun challenge.

Also Jaek, if you're interested in having your song score-tracked here on ScoreHero you can send JCirri a PM for a discount in enabling your song and all future songs that go up on RBN. The point cost for enabling songs was just cut in half too. With a bunch of people downloading it for this challenge I'm sure the leaderboard for it would be quite active.

Oh, and I would definitely partake if I had my Xbox, but I can't play until I'm done with school unfortunately.
justjaek  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can definitely see the drum chart getting competitive. I initially wanted to do a full-band runthrough, which we still might do (just cuz I think it'd be fun), but I decided to start with guitar. I did post on the RBN forums through rockband.com....already been sent about a dozen better scores, including some FCs. Just thought this would be a fun way to get interactive with the track!

I'll shoot to get a drum / vox / bass challenge up next week sometime. Although, Z, no guarantees that our drummer will be able to give you much of a challenge. ;) I might as well send you the new tune right now...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm downloading the song now, really cool thing you're doing with this contest.

Looking forward to your next song on RBN as well

Edit:
Still Alive FC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE:

Just for fun, here are some other vids RBN'rs have been asking for. Because we...uh...set the bar low on these, these are just fun little things you can beat and rub in our faces if you're so inclined. Here they are....the word 'challenge' is used loosely here....

Kirk's "Still Alive Drum Challenge

World Minus One's "Still Alive" Band Challenge

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say this is the superior Still Alive on rockband.
Deschain  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty late, but here ya go:

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: