FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Season 9 Leagues Info (Need Suggestions)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N.T.F.  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must be missing something here, what are twists?
bigbiskut966  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be up for the Full Band and GH2 ones. I miss my Guitar Hero 2. :P

Only when you've lost everything are you free to do anything. -Tyler Durden
bballstareb  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have not followed leagues in the past
how do i sign up
jerridthomas79  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

N.T.F. wrote:
I must be missing something here, what are twists?

Twist are tweaks to playing songs. For instance. Playing with Lefty Flip on, or play with a controller, or play on performance mode, precision mode, whatever mode. Opposite hand twist.

Scorehero leagues used to be 4 GH songs per week, one of which had a twist, and my least favorite was:

actually, i am not a fan of having a twist league, but hopefully like Deimos said, there will be multiple league options to choose from.

Visit www.rockoutproductions.com to see what all the buzz is about
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Jerrid DOMN8R
Sully  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote for a RB co-op league with two instruments. You would have to narrow it down to the one (or maybe two) combination(s) with the most interest. There are six combinations, so you'd want to start getting input asap to find out what combination(s) would be most desirable.

Not that this needs to be stated, but the combinations are:

Guitar/Bass
Guitar/Drums
Guitar/Vox
Bass/Drums
Bass/Vox
Drums/Vox
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
Goron40  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabies wrote:
Do you use the DLC songs for the 360 Leagues?
No..and we never will. It would be unfair to force people to pay extra money on songs they may/may not want to compete, and its also unfair to those with a platform that does not support DLC. Songs used for the league will always only be those songs that shipped with the game and that everybody has access to.

Bam.

Srsly, how would you do a DLC league? In order to participate you have to own every song?
TheDynasty2430  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sully wrote:
I vote for a RB co-op league with two instruments. You would have to narrow it down to the one (or maybe two) combination(s) with the most interest. There are six combinations, so you'd want to start getting input asap to find out what combination(s) would be most desirable.

Not that this needs to be stated, but the combinations are:

Guitar/Bass
Guitar/Drums
Guitar/Vox
Bass/Drums
Bass/Vox
Drums/Vox

according to the 360 rankings list, the only three of these combos with any significant involvement are the G and B, G and D, and G and V. It seems that guitar is the key to large involvement (which makes good sense).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm definitely behind the one-man-band league all the way. Sounds like a fun idea, and it'll give me an excuse to work on my vocals. >.<

Other than that, though, I'd only really be interested in joining the expert drums and expert guitar leagues.

Guitar (X):
54/58 on-disk 's

Drums (X):
18/58 on-disk 's
(More to come once I get my new set)
BigZ7337  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DLC League is needed, especially when you have more downloaded songs available than the main setlist songs.

One Man Band League would definately be cool.

Full Band League has potential as well.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an suggestion for you singers:

Alternate Lyrics League
This would require that all players have a video camera. Players would record a run on a song, but the lyrics must be changed. Scoring would be based on two leaderboards. One based on score, the other based on a "Player's Choice" poll of all players on their favourite video. Scoring would then be similar to formal league scoring based on those leaderboards. There would probably be only one song a week due to the nature of the league. It can be split into different difficulties if necessary.

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i second the one-man band league, that sounds like the most fun league ever, and it would be wise to stick with one song per week on that one. Also you would have to figure out someway to accommodate for the difference in vocal difficulty on ps2 and ps3/360 (possibly make these two seperate leagues due to difference in sp or drum fill placement that I may be unaware of in addition to the vocal factor and possible scoring differences).

i think NPaen's idea for a dlc league would also be really fun, one song a week, that way if you don't have the song but want to continue in the league, you can buy that one song. If you choose 3 or 4 songs a week people will be discouraged into buying 10 dollars worth of songs every week they would otherwise buy.

these two are fantabulous and would just like to support them because I don't have too many ideas of my own and would probably join just these two leagues.

lastly, I'm wondering if theres a thread that talks of all the mechanics of a league, where/when to sign up and where/when to post scores, because I tried to sign up for GH season 8 and somehow didn't even end up getting entered and wasn't sure what happened.

p.s. in response to people who say its unfair to force people to buy a few songs and not everyone would get to be included, thats the same deal with in all GH games league, for only people with a ps2 would be included, and even more so only someone who owns every game, which totals 100s of dollars, a lot less than a few songs of dlc

Goals:

GH:

Log [X]
El Jefe [X]
Admit to myself that rockband is better than ghIII [X]

Rockband Goals:

Beat expert career for all instruments [damn you fp/lt vocals, NEXT TIME PERDUCCI, NEXT TIMME!]
Rank top 250 Expert drums [X]
Rank top 150 Expert drums [X]
Beat everything in World Tour with all stars [HAHA NEVER EVER GONNA HAPPEN]
Rank a top 100 band by fans [ ]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Jake frikin
Blacklabel  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i totally like the one man band thing. cause it really shows who is best all around instead of just in one thing. altho this is gonna be hard for people with great drumsets and crap guitar or vice versa. The Dlc Thing Would Be Sweet Cept for the fact that im poor. CREDIT WERE ARE U WEN I NEED U. AHH hate being 15

144 Drum GS's
http://tinypic.com/1r5162dg - I made The Platinum Icons

Last edited by Blacklabel on Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:05 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Mystix Ninja PSN Name: Blacklabel22
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goron40 wrote:
rabies wrote:
Do you use the DLC songs for the 360 Leagues?
No..and we never will. It would be unfair to force people to pay extra money on songs they may/may not want to compete, and its also unfair to those with a platform that does not support DLC. Songs used for the league will always only be those songs that shipped with the game and that everybody has access to.

Bam.

Srsly, how would you do a DLC league? In order to participate you have to own every song?
Or just be willing to pay the couple bucks for whatever song comes up in the league. Its not like it takes a long time to get the song, so as long as you got a few bucks to spend its not bad. I already have all the DLC but if I didnt Id be willing to pay just to get the song variety (which is why I buy all the DLC anyway)
TheDynasty2430  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BizCasFri wrote:
Here's an suggestion for you singers:

Alternate Lyrics League
This would require that all players have a video camera. Players would record a run on a song, but the lyrics must be changed. Scoring would be based on two leaderboards. One based on score, the other based on a "Player's Choice" poll of all players on their favourite video. Scoring would then be similar to formal league scoring based on those leaderboards. There would probably be only one song a week due to the nature of the league. It can be split into different difficulties if necessary.

Thoughts?

Idea is good, but will never work. Leagues are somewhat necessarily objectively scored (no voting or user choice type scoring), also the video camera is kinda limiting in userbase.

DLC league has potential but i do not think its been mentioned yet, what instrument? Also, buying 1 song a week will probably limit who can join, but thats the point of a DLC only league in the first base I guess.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to see One Man Band and Voxtar/Voxdrums.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: