FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Cool Band (aka The Brazzettes) Pathing Challenge - 32/84
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ccmoose  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: The Cool Band (aka The Brazzettes) Pathing Challenge - 32/84 Reply with quote

Hopefully this puts the pressure on us to actually get 84 paths before we get bored and quit playing together. We need to keep this organized as best as possible or else we'll have all of us pathing the same song while another goes unpathed.

Inform me of any corrections/updates to the list. I'll check in 2-3 times a day to keep the list updated. Let's go guys!

Key:
Played song and entered score with a path; we can redo later if we want
Have path but have not input score yet [#NAME]

Someone is actively working on path [#NAME]
Community path exists
Path needed

Setlist: 32/84
Warmup Songs:
Eye of the Tiger
My Own Worst Enemy
I Was Wrong
So What'cha Want
E-Pro
Hungry Like the Wolf

Pretend We're Dead
Rebel Girl
Nine in the Afternoon [BEAST]
Float On
Drain You [lefty]
PDA

Apprentice Songs
Man in the Box
Cool for Cats [BEAST]
Hello There
Today
That's What You Get
Spirit in the Sky
We Got the Beat
New Kid in School
Feel the Pain
Pump It Up
One Step Closer
Welcome to the Neighborhood

Solid Songs
White Wedding
Psycho Killer [lefty]
Lump
Conventional Lover
De-Luxe
Shooting Star
Give It Away
The Middle
American Woman
Livin' on a Prayer
One Way or Another
A Jagged Gorgeous Winter

Moderate Songs
Go Your Own Way
Kids in America [ccmoose]
Girl's Not Grey
Lazy Eye
Come Out and Play
Mountain Song [nbrazz]
Where'd You Go
Alex Chilton
Rock'n Me
Tangled Up in Blue
Alive
Round and Round

Challenging Songs
You Oughtta Know
Alabama Getaway
Testify
Supreme Girl
Pinball Wizard
Our Truth
Uncontrollable Urge
Bad Reputation
Night Lies [lefty]
Any Way You Want It
Teen Age Riot [meister]
Shackler's Revenge

Nightmare Songs
Let There Be Rock
The Trees [brazz]
Aqualung
Down With the Sickness
Chop Suey
Everlong [meister]
Master Exploder [meister]
Give It All
Carry on Wayward Son
Rob the Prez-O-Dent
Spoonman
Ace of Spades

Impossible Songs
Almost Easy
Ramblin' Man
Get Clean
Peace Sells [BEAST]
Colony of Birchmen
Souls of Black [meister]
Bodhisattva
Shoulder to the Plow
Battery
Visions [meister]
Panic Attack
Painkiller

Last edited by ccmoose on Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:44 pm; edited 6 times in total
ccmoose  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brazz, I'm sure you have tons of updates to get us started, so let me have it.

THABEAST721  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Nine in the Afternoon and Cool for Cats, and that's probably all I'm going to do unless yall want me to do more, but I can't guarantee that I am good at pathing yet.
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before you race to finish too fast, remember quality is more important than quantity (unless you're a DLC band :-p). And is there really a community path for Everlong?

Beast - I recommend you have someone review your first couple of paths, either one of your bandmates or me or one of the other more experienced pathers around here. Of course, some of us just had to assume that we were good at it and then maybe go back later and check those first few to see if we were right :-)
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
ccmoose  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No public Everlong path. I guess I missed one. I agree with you about quality over quantity, but with a simple spreadsheet it's pretty clear if your path is at least decent. I guess the time limit is kind of silly to impose though, just make that before we get bored and disband then.

Kawigi  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ccmoose wrote:
No public Everlong path. I guess I missed one. I agree with you about quality over quantity, but with a simple spreadsheet it's pretty clear if your path is at least decent. I guess the time limit is kind of silly to impose though, just make that before we get bored and disband then.

I suppose that time can be saved if your goal is simply "at least decent" paths, I guess I forget sometimes that some people have different goals from me (e.g. get first place on every single song ;-) ).

I find the new deadline amusing, even if it seems pessimistic :-p Although the real goal should just be to have enough paths that you'll always have at least as many paths ready as you have time to use.

At any rate, good luck :-)
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
THABEAST721  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I lied I wanted to path Peace Sells, so that is the only other one I am going to do. I finished the path already btw.

This time I used kawigi's spreadsheet, and it said the estimated score was ~1.98m. Based on the current top score, that doesn't seem like the path is right. So feel free to try to come up with a better path because I wouldn't mind. I made the current first place path for guitar on that song by myself, but it doesn't look like that skill necessarily translated to full band lol.
Xpertlefty13  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I call Drain You!

Also, moose, you do use BNS, correct? and it's 1.2 secs until a fill appears w/BNS? Sorry, I forgetzorz

2.9.10 - First Bass FSFC
3.20.10 - First to FGFC 3 instruments on RB2.
beingmused  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xpertlefty13 wrote:
I call Drain You!

Also, moose, you do use BNS, correct? and it's 1.2 secs until a fill appears w/BNS? Sorry, I forgetzorz

1.2s is the normal range, where BNS can push that back to .8 or so.

Although multiplayer can delay that, when people experience just a tiny amount of lag on unisons, that can trigger a fill not to show (when the entire unison is necessary for the fill's appearance). We've seen fills at 1.3 and 1.4 not show on occasion (but this could have been during times of greater-than-usual lag).
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: beingmused
BigZ7337  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beingmused wrote:
Xpertlefty13 wrote:
I call Drain You!

Although multiplayer can delay that, when people experience just a tiny amount of lag on unisons, that can trigger a fill not to show (when the entire unison is necessary for the fill's appearance). We've seen fills at 1.3 and 1.4 not show on occasion (but this could have been during times of greater-than-usual lag).

I was going to correct you and say it was 2.4 seconds, but I went to the Blank Charts to pull a direct quote and I realized I'd been looking at the paragraph for RB1 this whole time. I guess a decent amount of my paths are now flawed.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigZ7337 wrote:
beingmused wrote:
Xpertlefty13 wrote:
I call Drain You!

I was going to correct you and say it was 2.4 seconds, but I went to the Blank Charts to pull a direct quote and I realized I'd been looking at the paragraph for RB1 this whole time. I guess a decent amount of my paths are now flawed.

looks like I'm also the helpzorz

Also, I sent Moose the path to check it over, the 2nd activation could use some tweaking. I think the path is good. And what gives you an estimated score?

Also, I might have to resign on Night Lies. I hate when OD doesn't align and I need to break that habit before I attemtp to path that song.

2.9.10 - First Bass FSFC
beingmused  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xpertlefty13 wrote:

Also, I sent Moose the path to check it over, the 2nd activation could use some tweaking. I think the path is good. And what gives you an estimated score?

Also, I might have to resign on Night Lies. I hate when OD doesn't align and I need to break that habit before I attemtp to path that song.

My 1.58 Night Lies path is old and not very well tweaked, but the instruments' OD line up very well - no instruments do any solo activations.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: beingmused
Xpertlefty13  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beingmused wrote:
Xpertlefty13 wrote:

My 1.58 Night Lies path is old and not very well tweaked, but the instruments' OD line up very well - no instruments do any solo activations.

I mean like, while drums have 3 ODs, guitar has 4 ODs.
Picky is a good word.

EDIT: Okay, put down Drain You and Psycho Killer as done, I PMd them to you.

2.9.10 - First Bass FSFC
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigZ7337 wrote:
beingmused wrote:
Xpertlefty13 wrote:
I call Drain You!

For some reason, I've never had to look at ajanata's page to know that they were different. I guess I had a reason to know besides band pathing...

What was really confusing is that some of the fill timings in ajanata's charts used to be wrong, generally when there was a tempo change between the relevant OD and fill. After I knew the bug had been fixed, but apparently before some of the charts had been updated, I was working on my You Oughta Know path, and thinking it wouldn't work without BNS, because all of the fills that always show up looked like they were only 1.1 seconds after OD.
ccmoose  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lefty, I do NOT use BNS on FB. Due to the narrow note tracks combined with the already somewhat sped-up/spaced-out notes, I use plain old regular scroll rates. But for songs like Drain You, there is a chance BEAST will be playing those, so we need to figure out if he uses BNS for FB when he's on drums.

I added Drain You and Psycho Killer. I'll check the predicted scores in the spreadsheet later for Lefty. Assuming I ever get a regular day at work this week, maybe I'll be able to contribute.

Thanks for all the help guys. I was worried it would be just brazz and me pathing away.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: