FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band Scorehero U.S. State Rivalry (NEWSNEWSNEWS)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nivlac  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God damnit, I can't resist. Put me down for PA XDrums/XGuitar/XBass fer the 360.

BigZ raised a good question. Are we doing live bands or psuedo-bands?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instrument ~ Expert Drums
System ~ PS3
State ~ PA

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright all, I'm still ironing out details on how this is going to work (hence why it will take so long to begin). Questions that have been raised/questions I have thought about:

1. How to deal with console differences? Should we allow all 3 consoles, though there are differences? Obviously, PS2 players will have to actually get together to compete in this. Should we keep this PS3/360 exclusive? If that's the case, then people will have to form bands of the same console, OR get together on a common console. I don't know here. Thoughts?

2. This will obviously take a month or two to get the ball rolling. That being said, Rock Band 2 will probably be out by the time we start this up. Should we do a combination of RB1/RB2 songs, or just keep this exclusive to RB1 for now? It would be unfair to make people buy the game if they didn't plan on buying it/getting it so early.

Please, all, take a second or two to edit your post please with you Instrument/Difficulty/Console. As of now there are only 2 defined PS3 players and the rest are 360.

DemonWolf21  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sburymadness wrote:
1. How to deal with console differences? Should we allow all 3 consoles, though there are differences? Obviously, PS2 players will have to actually get together to compete in this. Should we keep this PS3/360 exclusive? If that's the case, then people will have to form bands of the same console, OR get together on a common console. I don't know here. Thoughts?

I would make it PS3/360 only, and instead of having bands that have to have your system, it could just be that each instrument plays the song solo and then submits it. Then all four are totaled together to get, well the total.
sburymadness wrote:
2. This will obviously take a month or two to get the ball rolling. That being said, Rock Band 2 will probably be out by the time we start this up. Should we do a combination of RB1/RB2 songs, or just keep this exclusive to RB1 for now? It would be unfair to make people buy the game if they didn't plan on buying it/getting it so early.

I would keep it RB1 only because it is different times for the two systems.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DemonWolf21 wrote:
sburymadness wrote:

I would make it PS3/360 only, and instead of having bands that have to have your system, it could just be that each instrument plays the song solo and then submits it. Then all four are totaled together to get, well the total.

Then why knock out PS2?
Do you just wake up and piss excellence, or what?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: MarkMadnessSH
nivlac  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkMadness wrote:
Then why knock out PS2?

Couple of reasons. Singers have it a lot easier on PS2 with the talkies all being hittable as well as tambourine multiplier. Drum fills are in different places on some songs too.

The One Man Band rivalry we had a little while back had to handicap PS2 scores in order to keep them fair and competitive. It's quite a pain in the ass and very time consuming to work out all the formulas for handicapping every single song in the game.

I'd recommend 360/PS3 only. Yeah, it sucks, but otherwise it's just a mess.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey i'm from minnesota so put me down and i'll help you too so whatever you'd want me to do i can do that

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so I obviously cant do it right now. If it doesn't start until Late August or later then Im up for X/Vocals X/Bass X/Guitar for Virginia, preferably Vox.

Im on 360 and will have RB2 as soon as it comes out. If you are wondering about my guitar skills, Ive got 55/58 golds on guitar (Seven, TKAR, RTTH), and the Log on GH2. So I could hold my own on bass, because i see Halterm is already in for VA lol
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
tdchewy  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will represent Florida with Expert Vox! 360

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw im guitar and drums

GOALS
1. 10Million guitar- Im done with that shit
2. IDK ( )
BowlZ  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O-H-I-O!!!

I can do vox or drums, whichever im most needed (prefer vox)

''First Ever'' is needlessly redundant and its never acceptable to use more than 3 exclamation points...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BowlZ
sburymadness  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, finally got around to updating the OP with current list of participants.

As for the questions I raised earlier, I think I am going to keep this PS3/360 exclusive. Sorry PS2 users, but as of right now I have everyone's but 2 people's systems and none of them are PS2, so it shouldn't be a huge problem.

As for whether we're doing this as a band competition, or a "band" competition, I'll figure that out after our deadline for signups, which I'm going to put on September 15th .

If we happen to have enough people in each state that allows us to do full-band competition (as in, you have to go into quickplay and play online or get together locally), then that's great. But if there aren't enough participants to do this in each state from each system, then we can combine systems and just do individual scores and add them up to a "Full Band" score.

Thoughts?

sburymadness  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there no one still interested in this idea?

We still need plenty more people for this to actually work.

BigZ7337  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe instead of 50 states, you could divide the US into 9 parts. So Northeastern, Mideastern, Southeastern; Northcentral, Midcentral, Southcentral; and Northwestern, Midwestern, and Southwestern.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be in the Washington band. I play guitar mainly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: