FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Reaper tempo preference

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Menacex911  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reaper tempo preference Reply with quote

Iver got some audio files with some transients that change in less than a beat, yet only within a little bit of bpm.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

What does everyone else prefer to do?
By the books, you set tempo by marking by the 4th beat.
I usually chart songs that dont need full charting for tempo change. A lot of the time if the bpm of the song is 160, its perfect at 160 by the decimal (If it changes, i change it there)

But as far as charts like this go, should set my bpm to 190 instead of 95 and then on every single beat tweak the tempo?

Or will it honestly matter when the song is played? This particular song is Exile by Soilwork. I mean, you listen to the song and its pretty easy to decipher that the bpm is 95, but as you can see the transients show some change in tempo/bpm
PolishWeener  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering you are authoring a song by a melodic death metal band, you should probably go with the BPM at 190. This will give you more space to chart the fast guitar solos and the double bass. I would know from experience.

Tempo map wise, there are a ton of different ways to tempo map, meaning there are also a bunch of ways to tempo map by beat. There was a thread covering this topic not too long ago.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking that id rather make it 190bpm but its such a slow song, i felt itd feel weird, but i agree, it should be 190.

My concern is the seemingly wonky bpm change. Do you think i should change the bpm at every single beat so that i can hit every transient i can? I mean, if i set the whole song to 190, it stays rather accurate the whole song, just not as accurate as i might hope.

It might help to add that I am tempo mapping for a drums only chart. Maybe it is more accurate to 190bpm for the guitar than it is the guitar and thats why i experience this?
inimitable  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't fall into the trap of hyper-accurate tempo mapping. Constant BPM changes (even if small) make the chart play oddly and in some cases it's even visibly noticeable on the highway - definitely want to avoid that.

I suggest 2 tempo markers per measure at most, in most cases 1 per measure is enough. You want to clean up sloppy playing by the band so the player doesn't have to intentionally play sloppy to match it.

Newest custom chart: Avantasia - The Tower (RB3 Full Band)
Menacex911  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats what i wanted to read! lol
Thanks, man
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: