FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Inimitable's Customs [01/03: Kidd Cabbage, FF6 metal remix]
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
inimitable  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:46 am    Post subject: Inimitable's Customs [01/03: Kidd Cabbage, FF6 metal remix] Reply with quote

Hello! Charts that are complete and ready for Rock Band 2 (or 3) - including Overdrive, solos, drum fills, forced HOPO status, events, and animations - are bolded below.
The rest are playable, but are designed for Rock Band 1 and may not have all the bells and whistles (or even load in RB2/3).

Each of my tracks has (unless otherwise specified):
  • 3 (or more) instruments charted: Guitar, Rhythm/Bass, and Drums
    • I very rarely chart vocals; they are too tedious for me. (If you want to add some to my charts, feel free to do so and post them here!)
    • Some Rock Band 3 charts will have keyboard tracks as well.

• All difficulties charted.
    • Expert+ drum tracks, if available, will be a separate mid file.

• Overdrive sections for Guitar and Rhythm/Bass.
    • Currently some of my older drum charts (the non-bolded tracks) do not have Overdrive or Fills. I am slowly updating them though, and eventually they'll all be finished. In the meantime, you can always add them in yourself!
    • Bolded songs in the list below contain Overdrive for all instruments and drum fills as well.

• Solo sections for Guitar and Drums.
    • Guitar solo sections are pretty common. Drum solos are uncommon, but if they’re there I’ll chart 'em. I do not add Rhythm/Bass solos because they can cause stability issues (and they're rare anyway).

NOTE: Most of my new releases adhere to Harmonix's new charting standards - that means Easy and Medium difficulties on Guitar and Bass both include blue and orange frets. Don't freak out though - I did my best to employ the simplest of patterns to help make sure even beginners should still be able to figure it out!

My Customs!
Click each song to be taken to its post, which contains all the info you need.

Ailsean - Earthbound "Joe Cam Stole My Bike"
Ailsean - Final Fantasy 6 "Terra in Black"
Akira Yamaoka - Silent Hill 2 - Theme of Laura
ansgaros - Silent Hill 2 "Cradel of Forest"
Armcannon - Rygar Medley
Avantasia - The Tower
Blind Guardian - Journey Through the Dark
Demetori - Suwa Foughten Field
Dream Theater - Hell's Kitchen
Electro Static Discharge - Rain Storm
Evil Horde - Doom II "Running From Evil Horde"
Fishy - Final Fantasy 7 "Omnislash"
goat - Castlevania 2 "No Flesh Allowed"
goat - Castlevania 3 "Pools of Rust"
Heavenly - My Turn Will Come
In Flames - Clayman
Into Eternity - Out
In Flames - Wayfaerer
John 5 - Flatlines, Thin Lines
Joss Whedon - Firefly - Ballad of Serenity (Main Title)
Kamelot - Forever
Kidd Cabbage - Final Fantasy 4 "Treason"
Kidd Cabbage - Final Fantasy 6 "The Sound of a Thousand Voices Screaming in Unison"
Lacuna Coil - The Prophet Said
Leaves' Eyes - Norwegian Lovesong
Leaves' Eyes - The Dream
Level99 - Sonic & Knuckles "Chromium Asphyxiation"
Megaherz - Perfekte Droge
Nekofrog - MegaMan 2 "Wily's Requiem"
Nightwish - Stargazers
Parallax Software - Descent II - Title Screen (Metal Version)
Powerglove - Mario Minor
Powerglove - So Sexy Robotnik
Prince of Darkness - Red Alert "Hell March to the Apocalypse"
Rage Against the Machine - Pistol Grip Pump
Rammstein - Keine Lust
Rammstein - Sonne
Rhapsody of Fire - Flames of Revenge
Rush - Red Sector A
Sepultura - Refuse/Resist
Shadow Cast - Purgatorio
Sixto Sounds - Tales of Symphonia "Go the Distance"
Skummel Maske - Final Fantasy 7 "Sephiroth's Deliverance"
SnappleMan - Chrono Trigger "I Could Be Banned Soon Trigger"
Sonata Arctica - Paid in Full
Sonata Arctica - The Harvest
Stabbing Westward - Torn Apart
Stratovarius - Forever is Today
System of a Down - I-E-I-A-I-O
The Human Abstract - Vela, Together We Await the Storm
X-Japan - Rusty Nail

Please leave feedback if you play these!

Last edited by inimitable on Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:11 pm; edited 104 times in total
inimitable  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:47 am    Post subject: September 2009: One Chart a Day Reply with quote

Note: This is the archived version of the original post in this thread, back when it was the home for my one-chart-a-day project in September. It is only here now for reference purposes! For up-to-date information, please see the first post in this thread right above this one!

ADFPNSLENSSPXLDSSISBMRgRS_LRKKJHSv Month:
A Chart a Day... All Month!
(Feel free to refer to it in an alternate or abbreviated form. Such as give me attention month.)

A Preface:
Journey into this thread, and you will find its murky depths harbor no Serenity or Heavenly influences; instead it is a place of Treason, Evil, and Lust. while it was once a harbor for Sounds of Lovesongs and Perfekte harmony, Today one can see it has been Torn asunder and serves only as a safe haven for Hell’s oddest of creatures. a fine Rust coats all the eye can see, and for this place’s residents it will Forever serve as a reminder of the Apocalypse long ago. in this place, many dwellers experience inexplicable events... the most well-known is this story:

heralded for their abilities, 6 men were given the Title of Prophet. they each peered into the future, and foresaw a Minor improvement they would make upon this barren land. the first was John, who would lift the curse on the word I-E-A-I-A-I-O (though an uncommon word, many residents did not appreciate that it was Banned in the first place). the second was Joe, whose incredible Grip would choke the life from the troublesome dragon Lordi. third was a girly man named Crystal, who defied the prophecy by being generally useless. fourth was maximus, whose eyes of Flames would melt the western ice wall (it really bothered the gnomes). fifth was redalt, who would compose a musical piece entitled Requiem of the Stargazers and present it to a horde of demons, effectively quenching their bloodthirst and rampages (though it was clear they would have preferred to be Paid in the currency of virgins). sixth was arcus, who would demand to Nail every woman in the region.

arcus’ endeavor would eventually prove successful, but he met his untimely death just after ravaging the last woman - Laura, the demon queen, was not to be trifled with. despite his best efforts to Resist, arcus succumbed to her curse and was turned to stone. his body is today displayed as a statue in the valley of the damned, and serves as a reminder to all just how terribly powerful a strong desire for Revenge can be.

this place is generally not recommended as a vacation destination.

The Info:
As the thread title suggests, this will be the home to my just-for-shits-and-giggles One-Chart-A-Day release project. I know that many of you went to sleep every night thinking "Hey, whatever happened to that inimitable charter? He was pretty cool and I am really craving a new release from that handsome fellow. And it really is a shame he did not venture into Rock Band customs much!" Well, fear not! I have been neither dead nor dormant. In fact, as you can see, I have been quite busy. Should you accept the fruits of my labor, please do leave some feedback on your way out!

Please note that at the time of this posting, 95% of the work is complete on all the charts - I’m not actually creating one new chart per day, I'm releasing one per day. Though I can't promise perfection, there will be no rushed hack jobs released here. Here’s the skinny:

• These charts are designed for Rock Band and Rock Band 2.
    • Personally, I use RB2 for the Wii, but I see no reason why they should not work for anything else.
    • When importing, please do take care to ensure the offset is correct. I’ve provided the amount of silence I used as offset values, but the best thing to do is to take your audio into Audacity and add silence to the beginning to ensure it matches your audio perfectly. Though my offsets should generally be spot on, you should still only use them as a starting point unless you’re very trusting or patient.

• Every chart will have at least 3 instruments: guitar, bass/rhythm, and drums.
    • Most will not contain a vocal chart, because I seriously hate doing them (although a select few might have them). If you want to volunteer to add vocals to those charts that don’t have them, shoot me a PM!
    • The guitar and bass tracks will have Overdrive; guitar and drums will have Solo sections (if they deserve it). I will not use bass Solo sections, as they seem to cause trouble for some reason (and they’re uncommon anyway).
    • The drum tracks will not have Overdrive! This is for a couple reasons: (1) I actually prefer playing drums without the fills and OD, because using RB2's default drum kit in the middle of a song sounds awful, and (2) I don't feel like it. But mostly the former.

• Every chart and every instrument will have all difficulties. Videos should be posted concurrent with release as long as nothing goes terribly wrong.

• One chart will be released every day, as per the schedule (barring terrible unforeseen circumstances)! As I am moving mid-month, there might be a 3-song pack released just before I go so I don’t get behind.
    • The release schedule is a secret! I fucking love surprises.

• I chose each song for a variety of reasons:
    • It had a particular instrument I wanted to chart/play/sing.
    • I had already charted guitar/bass and decided it really needed a drum track!
    • I want to share a favorite artist.
    • The song is awesome.

• This project is not aiming to be a massive shred-fest or heart attack inducing. Although there are a number of songs that are pretty damn tough on guitar and drums (lol bass), do keep in mind the intent here is fun and good music, not just difficulty. There are a number of shred-fests and a number of Tier 1s alike!
    • As such, drum charts are released as Expert and not Expert+. I imagine I’ll release Expert+ versions eventually, but for right now I’ve got enough work!

• Missing content, such as bass Solos, drum Overdrive/Fills, and vocal charts may or may not be added at some point in the future. However, they will not be present in the September releases (except maybe a few vocal charts, as mentioned above).

• For those that are interested in the charts, but don’t have access to Rock Band or Rock Band customs, I will also eventually be releasing them in Guitar Hero format in my customs thread over on the GH side. They probably won’t be any different than the charts released here, but will be changed to include correct GH Star Power, Co-op, etc.

Just For Fun:
  • As per the just-for-shits-and-giggles theme, I’ve included the Preface as a series of subtle (and not so subtle) hints as to what the tracklisting is... Just in case you were dying to know.

• No artist or source is repeated! Every artist is unique and each source game (for the remixes) is unique.

• You get a bonus at the beginning and end! I fucking love bonuses. The first bonus was posted August 25th (one week early). The second bonus will be posted October 7th (one week after the end).

• About a dozen of the tracks are video game remixes or game-related, and most of them will have the (free) audio included.

• About half of all the tracks are brand new, and half are charts I’ve released before (for Guitar Hero) but updated and improved for release here.
    • I also tried to pick songs that haven’t been charted yet, but that’s certainly not to say I didn’t pick some that already have!

The Tracklist
* denotes a track that I have previously released for Guitar Hero. They have been updated/fixed for re-release here.

Bonus 01:

00. Ailsean - Earthbound "Joe Cam Stole My Bike"
00. Descent II - Title Screen (Metal Version)
00. Firefly - Ballad of Serenity (Main Title) *

Main Setlist:

01. Prince of Darkness - Red Alert “Hell March to the Apocalypse” OC ReMix
02. Nightwish - Stargazers *
03. Sonata Arctica - Paid in Full *
04. Leaves' Eyes - Norwegian Lovesong
05. Evil Horde - Doom II "Running From Evil Horde" OC ReMix *
06. Nekofrog - MegaMan 2 "Wily's Requiem" OC ReMix
07. Sepultura - Refuse/Resist *
08. Stabbing Westward - Torn Apart
09. Powerglove - Mario Minor
10. X-Japan - Rusty Nail
11. Lordi - Hard Rock Hallelujah
12. Dream Theater - Hell's Kitchen *
13. SnappleMan - Chrono Trigger "I Could Be Banned Soon Trigger" *
14. System of a Down - I-E-I-A-I-O
15. In Flames - Clayman *
16. Silent Hill 2 - Theme of Laura *
17. Blind Guardian - Journey Through the Dark *
18. Megaherz - Perfekte Droge
19. Rage Against the Machine - Pistol Grip Pump
20. goat - Castlevania 3 "Pools of Rust" OC ReMix
21. Rhapsody of Fire - Flames of Revenge
22. Stratovarius - Forever is Today
23. FFFFFFFFFFF--
24. Lacuna Coil - The Prophet Said
25. Rammstein - Keine Lust
26. Kidd Cabbage - Final Fantasy 4 "Treason"
27. Kamelot - Forever *
28. John 5 - Flatlines, Thin Lines *
29. Heavenly - My Turn Will Come
30. Sixto Sounds - Tales of Symphonia "Go the Distance"

Bonus 02:

99. virt - Super Metroid "Crystal Flash"

Last edited by inimitable on Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:24 pm; edited 48 times in total
inimitable  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misc Things and Whatsits!

Banners (samples; not all are displayed here)
by bl1i8n2k:

by Lasfas:

Newest custom chart: Avantasia - The Tower (RB3 Full Band)

Last edited by inimitable on Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:54 pm; edited 5 times in total
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good, maybe this will really kick up customs.
Metallik  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice

Avant-garde banner designer =D
bl1i8n2k  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea man. I support it! (sig'd). I wish i can help, but im not really good at charting. Just editing charts is what im good at.

OBTAINED STATUS ON 11/12/09 AT 9:20 P.M. CT!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: E Ten Pooh Wii Friend Code: 2265615260693457
stickmasta  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post reserved
inimitable  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New chart released!
A short track for your very short-term enjoyment.

Artist: Ailsean
Title: Joe Cam Stole My Bike
Album: Bound Together
Tiers: 2 Guitar / 3 Bass / 4 Drums / - Vocals / 3 Band
Length: 01:42
Offset: 0 (use included audio)
Video: Guitar/Rhythm
Video: Drums

Notes: An Earthbound remix with a fun drum track.

Chart now includes Overdrive for all instruments, drum fills, basic animations, and RB2-specific events.

Download Chart v3 (05-27-2010)
Enjoy!

Last edited by inimitable on Sat May 29, 2010 7:27 am; edited 9 times in total
thesentence  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This project is sweet! The first paragraph in the OP makes absolutely no sense whatsoever

We really need a custom songs sub-forum for these projects and for general song releases. Has anyone talked to JCirri or a mod about it? It doesn't seem like it would be too difficult to add the sub-forum unless they were planning on making an entire database with the rewrite. I'm not really up to date with all this stuff so if someone could inform me that would be great!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ComicBookGuru: With luck it might stir up a little attention, but I suspect I am not a high-profile enough charter to garner any spectacular results.

@bl1i8n2k: Thanks for the sentiment, but I've got it all covered (unless you're secretly a Vocal-chart-creating wizard).

@stickmasta: Is that a joke, or...?

@thesentence: The preface is just a teaser for the tracks in the main setlist. As I am a grammar nazi, the random capitalization is not nearly as random as the story I so carelessly wove. Take another look and you will see my meaning.
And we would all appreciate at least a Custom Songs subforum over here (if not a Database like the GH side has). Unfortunately it seems it was not meant to be until the next major site overhaul - though when that finally ends up happening is anybody's guess!

I fixed the download for the first bonus tracks. They're now in proper .mid format, and Joe Cam Stole My Bike has its proper Overdrive and Solo sections. The Descent and Firefly tracks do not have OD or Solos (and are not supposed to). Audio for Joe Cam and Descent are still included (they are the .ogg files I used to sync, which means they need no offset). The Firefly track needs to be found elsewhere, as it's still under copyright, and does require an offset.

Tier info and previously missing chart videos were also added. I assure you the rest of the tracks will not all hover so closely to Tier 1.

AerialX  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a word... Awesome!

Spectacular results or not, 30+ quality Rock Band charts can't be a bad thing.
bl1i8n2k  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inimitable wrote:
@bl1i8n2k: Thanks for the sentiment, but I've got it all covered (unless you're secretly a Vocal-chart-creating wizard).

Youre welcome and hell no. I cant chart vocals that well. .

OBTAINED STATUS ON 11/12/09 AT 9:20 P.M. CT!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: E Ten Pooh Wii Friend Code: 2265615260693457
Auriscope  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn it inimitable, I was going to do something like this (not quite this scale, however), but I just can't keep up with you!
Good luck with this endeavor.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auriscope wrote:
Damn it inimitable, I was going to do something like this (not quite this scale, however), but I just can't keep up with you!
Good luck with this endeavor.

Haha, thank you. This is my last summer vacation ever - I wanted to be productive, even if it was producing something as generally pointless as Rock Band customs!

And to anyone who is interested in the charts but doesn't have RB or access to RB customs: I'll also be releasing them in Guitar Hero format over in my customs thread on the GH side. They won't be any different other than the format, though (meaning things like proper Star Power, GH Co-op, etc).

ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Requests simultaneous release on RawkSD wiki*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 1 of 19

Jump to: