FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
PolishWeener's Customs and Edits
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PolishWeener  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: PolishWeener's Customs and Edits Reply with quote

Links are unavailable at the moment for updating.

Last edited by PolishWeener on Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:43 pm; edited 59 times in total
thewinnerisgeeg  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mediafire

im a girl now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: geegSH
inimitable  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thewinnerisgeeg wrote:
Mediafire

Don't have anything else to add, just affirming this is your best bet. It's free to register an account (which I highly recommend).

And new accounts get 5 (I think?) free URL updates, meaning you can update your charts to new files without changing the URL (saves a bit of hassle). If you want more than that, however, you'll have to pay for a premium account.

Newest custom chart: Avantasia - The Tower (RB3 Full Band)
PolishWeener  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: Tested the song this morning. No calibration issues. The audio may require slight adjustment, but I will look into changing that when I upload a mid with overdrive and working animations.
Technicolor  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: PolishWeener's Customs and Edits Reply with quote

PolishWeener wrote:
3.428 second offset

After I practice a bit, I intend to chart vocals and release an updated mid alonside my self-made dryvox track. Please feel free to post improvements or criticisms.

If you can figure out how to make an rb3maker.zip, you wouldn't have to worry about listing an offset, or include a raw dryvox track that people have to incorporate themselves. And RB3Maker would guarantee the correct MP3 is used, and that it's properly synchronized.

A secret advantage of publishing a milo_xbox file instead of a dryvox wav file is that it can be far less embarrassing!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: PolishWeener's Customs and Edits Reply with quote

Technicolor wrote:
A secret advantage of publishing a milo_xbox file instead of a dryvox wav file is that it can be far less embarrassing!

Definitely this.

Also, the dryvox really doesn't need to be especially on pitch or anything. Even though the docs say it's there to help with 'scoring', I think that only applies to talky-parts anyway (for getting the right vocal sounds), and it's mostly there for lip sync.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
Nyxyxylyth  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: PolishWeener's Customs and Edits Reply with quote

espher wrote:
Also, the dryvox really doesn't need to be especially on pitch or anything. Even though the docs say it's there to help with 'scoring', I think that only applies to talky-parts anyway (for getting the right vocal sounds), and it's mostly there for lip sync.

It definitely affects the pitch window allowed for scoring. If I make a dryvox where I sing like a pitch zombie, it makes a much less forgiving play experience than a dryvox made trying to imitate the real singer.

Only a pretty serious vocalist would notice though. I think the wider window is generally a better idea.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Nyxyxylyth
espher  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: PolishWeener's Customs and Edits Reply with quote

Nyxyxylyth wrote:
espher wrote:

It definitely affects the pitch window allowed for scoring. If I make a dryvox where I sing like a pitch zombie, it makes a much less forgiving play experience than a dryvox made trying to imitate the real singer.

Only a pretty serious vocalist would notice though. I think the wider window is generally a better idea.

Does it? I guess I haven't really noticed it, though I probably haven't done that sloppy a dry vocal since I'm a 'pretty serious vocalist'. ;)

Still, I'd wager something 'mostly' right is better than nothing at all...
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
PolishWeener  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not ruling out the possiblity of making a rb3maker.zip file, but I think it would be easier to just include an offset. Because my songs typically use a steady bpm (not tempo mapped), all someone has to do is import their mp3 into Reaper, set it to start at the 3rd measure (at the proper bpm), and add a count in if they want to. I just included the offset in case someone just wants to use Audacity or some other program to add silence to the beginning, and as a check in case someone can't sychronize the song. Again, I might switch to rb3maker.zip in the future.

As far as dryvox go, it will most likely be awhile before I record anything. I'm still pretty tone deaf, but I'm slowly getting better since I practice daily. I couldn't care less if someone wants to listen to my awful singing, so I will supply a dryvox track after I record one. It most likely won't be the best out there, but it should at least make the vocal track playable. On that same note, someone is more than welcome to record a dryvox themselves if they don't wish to wait. I would appreciate if anyone could share a dryvox if they make one.

Last edited by PolishWeener on Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
espher  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB3Maker is far more effective if you're expecting people to do the work anyway. It just makes it idiot-proof, and it's really simple (I was skeptical until I actually read the docs and laughed about how simple it was).

You export your count-in/silence, you export the rest of the track, you compile the track in Magma, and then you open RB3Maker, perform like five mouse-clicks, and you're done.
PolishWeener  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concerning dryvox, would it be easier for a terrible vocalist like myself to record the dryvox 1 or 2 words at a time? It would be easier on my vocal chords, and I could copy/paste some lyrics in Reaper, so, in theory, I would only have to sing the note properly once. I could also skip any high pitch notes that I am not yet comfortable reaching. After recording all of the words and lining them up with the vocal chart in Reaper, I could export the track as a wav.

Good or bad idea?
Nyxyxylyth  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PolishWeener wrote:
Concerning dryvox, would it be easier for a terrible vocalist like myself to record the dryvox 1 or 2 words at a time? It would be easier on my vocal chords, and I could copy/paste some lyrics in Reaper, so, in theory, I would only have to sing the note properly once. I could also skip any high pitch notes that I am not yet comfortable reaching. After recording all of the words and lining them up with the vocal chart in Reaper, I could export the track as a wav.

Good or bad idea?

I do one phrase at a time. It's important to match the original singer's timing as closely as possible, or the lip sync will be off.

You can't skip any notes, or the singer's mouth will be shut on stage. Sometimes it won't even compile if there's a silent gap.

Just do spoken word if you don't have the vocal chops. Exaggerate your vowel sounds a bit and it should turn out perfect.

Seriously though, distributing the MIDI, offset, and dryvox forces custom players to do too much work. Just roll over and do the rb3maker.zip.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Nyxyxylyth
PolishWeener  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will experiment with rb3maker.zip files after I record an actual dryvox. I haven't even charted the vocals yet, so, for the time being, I will stick with an mid and an offset.
espher  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PolishWeener wrote:
I will experiment with rb3maker.zip files after I record an actual dryvox. I haven't even charted the vocals yet, so, for the time being, I will stick with an mid and an offset.

Here's everything you need to do to distribute an RB3Maker zip file (I'm including generating the con file so you can play it with your audio as set up in Reaper as part of this process -- that way you don't have to deal with Le Fluffie or anything else).

1) Complete and compile your project with Magma as normal, generating an RBA.
2) Open up Reaper.
3) Select the TRKS track (for now, I'm assuming you're using one sound file as audio and not a series of stems).
4) File -> Render (or Ctrl+Alt+R)
5) Change the following in the dialog box and hit 'Render 1 file': Render -> Stems (selected tracks); Render Bounds -> Custom Time Range: Start 0:00, End [whenever your count-in ends/actual track starts]; Filename [filename of your RBA].countin.wav
6) File -> Render
7) Change the following in the dialog box and hit 'Render 1 file': Render -> Stems (Selected tracks); Render Bounds -> Custom Time Range: Start [whenever your count-in ends/actual track starts], End [the end of the song]; Filename [filename of your RBA]_songonly.wav
8) Make sure these two files are in the same folder as your RBA.
9) Open RB3 Maker
10) Options -> Convert RBA
11) File -> Open Folder -> Select folder where the RBA is stored -> Click OK. This will generate your rb3con file for personal consumption.
13) Options -> Distribute <song>.rb3maker.zip
14) File -> Open Folder -> Click OK (it defaults to the last folder you opened). This will generate your rb3maker.zip

That's it. Two extra steps rendering files (a step you've already done once for your full backing track and once for each dryvox track), and a handful of clicks in RB3 Maker -- likely less than it takes to set up an rb3con the old way. All the end user needs to do is supply an RB3, open RB3Maker, and make a handful of clicks to generate a usable con file. They don't need to download any of your audio files (including dryvox), they don't need to actually open Reaper/Magma, and they don't need to put it all together themselves (they could use RB3Maker to get a con from their own RBA, but if they're doing that you may as well just give them a zip). :p
Technicolor  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

espher wrote:
All the end user needs to do is supply an MP3

Fixed.

Excellent guide espher - I might just steal some of that for the next revision of RB3Maker's help file. I think it reads a little better than what I've got now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: