FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Magma error

View previous topic :: View next topic  
absol1082  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Magma error Reply with quote

i just spent a few hours working on my first custom.
i wanted to just do the expert drum chart first and to the other intruments and difficulties later. when i put all of the information into magma i got a few errors. drum submix missing for difficulty 0,1,2 and 3 and unable to detect song length due to midi compiler errors

any help would be awesome thanks/
farottone  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Magma error Reply with quote

absol1082 wrote:
i just spent a few hours working on my first custom.
i wanted to just do the expert drum chart first and to the other intruments and difficulties later. when i put all of the information into magma i got a few errors. drum submix missing for difficulty 0,1,2 and 3 and unable to detect song length due to midi compiler errors

any help would be awesome thanks/

Copy over your X level notes to HME, otherwise Magma will throw errors left and right. Check you have all your submixes ([mix 0 drums0], [mix 1 drums0], [mix 2 drums0], [mix 3 drums0] as text events at the beginning) declared.
absol1082  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this may sound like a ridiculous question but how do copy a note track and paste it to another in reaper. i've played around with the program a little bit and haven't found any way to.

and i don't see any of those submix events you mentioned. should i just make them?
farottone  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

absol1082 wrote:
this may sound like a ridiculous question but how do copy a note track and paste it to another in reaper. i've played around with the program a little bit and haven't found any way to.

and i don't see any of those submix events you mentioned. should i just make them?

You need to use the RBN2 template, because it's got all the stuff you need, including those events. To copy notes just copy notes. Select, copy, move an octave down the current notes, paste in the same place. Repeat.
espher  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another option is to... control drag or shift drag your notes down? It makes a copy. I honestly can't remember what the key shortcut is without having REAPER open though, that's how autopilot it is lol.

Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project || http://tiny.cc/RBHarmonies
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
inimitable  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alt-C

Newest custom chart: Avantasia - The Tower (RB3 Full Band)
espher  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inimitable wrote:
Alt-C

... welp, you learn something every day.

I really should go read through the list of shortcuts...

Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project || http://tiny.cc/RBHarmonies
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
absol1082  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i added the [mix 0 drums0], [mix 1 drums0], [mix 2 drums0] and [mix 3 drums] events and got these errors:

Saving unsaved changes before build.
Build started at 12:00 AM.
Reading the archive
SystemInit Params: C:\Program Files (x86)\Harmonix Music Systems\Magma v2\MagmaCompiler.exe -have_lock C:\Users\Janie\Documents\wotless.rbproj C:\Users\Janie\Documents\wotless.rba -mutex HMX_Magma_1567422612417811525191
Project Compiler: Reading project 'C:\Users\Janie\Documents\wotless.rbproj'...
Project Compiler: Entering Phase 1 of 5...
Metadata Compiler: Starting...
Metadata Compiler: Done.
Project Compiler: Entering Phase 2 of 5...
MIDI Compiler: Starting...
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (PART DRUMS): drum mix 'drums0' at [1:2:000] supports exactly 2 (total) drum channels; this song's configuration has 1 (total) drum channels
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (PART DRUMS): drum mix 'drums0' at [1:2:000] supports exactly 2 kit channels; this song's configuration has 1 kit channels
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (PART DRUMS): drum mix 'drums0' at [1:3:000] supports exactly 2 (total) drum channels; this song's configuration has 1 (total) drum channels
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (PART DRUMS): drum mix 'drums0' at [1:3:000] supports exactly 2 kit channels; this song's configuration has 1 kit channels
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (PART DRUMS): drum mix 'drums0' at [1:4:000] supports exactly 2 (total) drum channels; this song's configuration has 1 (total) drum channels
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (PART DRUMS): drum mix 'drums0' at [1:4:000] supports exactly 2 kit channels; this song's configuration has 1 kit channels
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (PART DRUMS): drum mix 'drums0' at [2:1:000] supports exactly 2 (total) drum channels; this song's configuration has 1 (total) drum channels
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (PART DRUMS): drum mix 'drums0' at [2:1:000] supports exactly 2 kit channels; this song's configuration has 1 kit channels
Build ended at 12:00 AM.
PolishWeener  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notice the errors mention having "1 kit channel" when it says you need 2. This means your MP3 is mono (same thing in both headphones) instead of stereo (different things in each headphone).

There are multiple ways to "convert" a song to stereo using Audacity, but I haven't done that since last year. Usually it involves pasting the mono track in a second channel so you have two, but this also means you may have to lower the volume (since the song would be playing twice at the same time).

But I'm sure these guys have a better description of how to do this.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your audio only has one track, the best way (to my knowledge) to turn it into a pseudo-stereo track is to open it in Audacity, make a new Audio track and paste it in there, so that you have it in both tracks. Then, click the arrow right here and click "Left Channel" for one and "Right Channel" for the other, and then export your audio. That should eliminate the need to lower the volume.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: