FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Harmonix test songs (+ some other hidden treasures)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpudY2K  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Harmonix test songs (+ some other hidden treasures) Reply with quote

I was looking at http://error420.com/rbn/ which lists all of the RBN songs and I noticed there were some gaps in the "Order added to the store" column and I figured this might mean that some songs were missing too. Since the xbox.com URLs for each song are based on this number I was able write a quick program to check what these missing numbers were.

Most, as I suspected, were tests by Harmonix and a lot of them were unavailable, but about half of the links still worked so I downloaded trial versions of those and had a look at what I'd got. Most of them were just other charts under different names but there were a few gems amongs them. Here's what I found:

Harmonix test songs that are no longer available:
These download links shouldn't work anymore, but I figured it was worth listing them anyway. It's a shame since I think No Cake Monday is an awesome name for a song.

Harmonix Test
2009-09-25 Harmonix Test Case A
hmxcrve1 song 3
hmxcrve1 song 9
QA4 English song (language testing)
NC Monday 3
No-Cake Monday
NC Monday 2
Harmonix Test for 2009-10-05 - A
Harmonix Test Song A for 2009-10-15
LT English 1
Monday, October 27 In English - QA4
2009-09-30 Harmonix Test 11
Harmonix Test Song - 11/11/2009 Live D
hmxcrve1 song 1
hmxcrve1 song 3
Test Song #1701
Song Uploaded Because Of Ady
Pop-Rock

Harmonix test songs that are still available:
These can all still be downloaded as of posting time, not that you'd want to since most of these are just other songs with weird names. The symbols before each song mean that it is actually one of the following:

# "Supreme Girl" by The Sterns
* "Give" by The Cold Goodnight
@ "The Future Soon" by Jonathan Coulton

*"HMX Test - Please Ignore (In French)" by Test Case and the Ignorables [Trial] - Has no drum or bass chart
*"HMX Test - Please Ignore (In Spanish)" by Test Case and the Ignorables [Trial] - Has no drum or bass chart
*"HMX Test - Please Ignore (In Italian)" by Test Case and the Ignorables [Trial] - Has no drum or bass chart
*"HMX Test - Please Ignore (In English)" by Test Case and the Ignorables [Trial] - Has no drum or bass chart
#"Please Approve Me" by Hopes and Dreams [Trial]
#"hmxcrve1 song 10" by hmxcrve1 [Trial]
#"Linktester3 - A" by Harmonix Test Too [Trial]
#"2010-03-01 Version 2 Release On [2010-02-24 Another Day, Another Song (A)]" by Harmonix Web QA [Trial] - Has no guitar or bass chart, also has a very weird name
@"This Matches" by hmxcrve1 [Trial]
@"No Drums" by hmxcrve1 [Trial] - As you've probably already guessed, this song has no drum chart
@"Full Band Version 2" by hmxcrve1 [Trial]
@"Spanish Song" by hmxcrve1 [Trial]
@"Spanish Song" by hmxcrve1 [Trial]
@"Spanish Song 2" by hmxcrve1 [Trial]
@"Country - Bluegrass" by hmxcrve1[Trial]
@"Alternative - College" by hmxcrve1 [Trial]

Canary by Coalmine [Trial] - By far the strangest of all these tracks, it has no drum, bass, or vocal charts, and a single green note on guitar. I'm tempted to actually buy this for a joke so I can get a simultaneous OMB FB optimal FC.

Real songs:
Yes, there are a few actual songs amongst this mess and they're available for download despite not being officially listed anywhere.

Give by The Cold Goodnight [Trial] - This is a duplicate of a currently released song, and also one of the songs used for the test tracks. Still I thought it was worth listing since this was actually the first song uploaded to RBN

Moonshine Hollar by Zack Wilson [Trial]
What A Trip by Analogue Revolution [Trial]

Last edited by SpudY2K on Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
bclare  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, Canary is just the bass track to Her Majesty? OMG Beatles song in RB2!

TehBanStick  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha nice find.

Downloaded all of 'em just to have. I might dissect them when I get my transfer cable back.

NoahTheDuke  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TehBanStick wrote:
Haha nice find.

Downloaded all of 'em just to have. I might dissect them when I get my transfer cable back.
http://files.myfrogbag.com/y10np3/trialtestsongs.png

Did you purchase them? :-P

Noah
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: NoahTheDuke
Emptyeye  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if No-Cake Monday was somehow a reference to Still Alive?

Anyway, neat find!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What A Trip should be available in the normal RBN store.
s2kmatt  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elx wrote:
What A Trip should be available in the normal RBN store.

That's where I got it. And Moonshine Hollar is available through the store as well.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played the Canary trial (I'm not buying a one note song. >__>), and it's kinda funny how the game handles a demo that short. Also, I got like 3.2* with only 25 points.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Harmonix test songs (+ some other hidden treasures) Reply with quote

SpudY2K wrote:
HUGE ORIGINAL POST!

I will buy all of these songs, when I get home from work in 4 hours (12 hour shift is killing me, I need to play videogames dammit!).

ALL OF MY D.L.C. All RB 1/2 DLC, All RB:N DLC, All TB:RB DLC, All Exports (RB 1/L:RB/GD:RB). Pray for my Hard Drive!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Xusder PSN Name: Xusder Wii Friend Code: 2904437187104594
MuDvAyNe  

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Test Case and the Ignorables"

<3 Harmonix

<--Click the banner for the video
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: oXMuDvAyNeXo
inv4der  

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MuDvAyNe wrote:
"Test Case and the Ignorables"

<3 Harmonix

I would totally take that name for my reel/jokeband if I didn't already have one.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just thought that the gaps were because there was a trial version and a full version. That's why each song was added to the store had a difference of 2.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: soundbarrier4SH
N3utral  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
I played the Canary trial (I'm not buying a one note song. >__>), and it's kinda funny how the game handles a demo that short. Also, I got like 3.2* with only 25 points.

The DLC song "Her Majesty" for TBRB has only 1 note on bass and 3 notes on drums, upon hitting this you recieve 3.2*, so I assume this is universal.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TeH Neutral
ManfredvonKarma  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

N3utral wrote:
The DLC song "Her Majesty" for TBRB has only 1 note on bass and 3 notes on drums, upon hitting this you recieve 3.2*, so I assume this is universal.
3.2* is what you get for a 1x base multiplier for the song. If you played a full song, and overstrummed after every note so that you never got a multiplier (and no solo/BRE), you'd get 3.2*. It's just that with one note, you hit the base score needed for that 1x base multiplier immediately.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck, need to be older than 18 years to purchase stuff from the marketplace in the internet .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: