FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
S12: RB3 Full Band - Fraggle Rawk wins!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to reiterate and be really clear about this - the main thing we (me and blingdomepiece, who have the full band and coop leagues respectively) are using to verify scores is the proof.

In the second week and beyond, if there is no proof, there will be no pm, no questions, no investigating. no proof = score deleted, end of story.

In the first week only, if there is no score, I will look at it. If the score seems obviously legitimate, and there is no question, I might leave it up and send a nagging PM. If I look at it and there is any question at all, even just by the fact that it happens to be 1st place, it's going to be deleted.

INCLUDE YOUR PROOF, don't leave any room for doubt. In this day and age there is no way in hell that four people all don't own a cell phone or a camera. Someone can and should take a picture. If you don't have anywhere to host the picture, PM it to me or email it to the address in my profile.

Everyone consider this your last warning about proofs! If your score gets deleted and you PM me, I will reply only with a link to this post!

(also once again at the time of this post there are still proof-less scores on the board. everyone should check their scores and make sure proof is included!)
xGaberadex  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woozerkristen wrote:
redskinsrock2689 wrote:
woozerkristen wrote:
11yearoldkid wrote:
2003041 wrote:

You do also know that it shows who used pro instruments and harmonies, right?

haha, no, actually I didn't.

Only when you look at it in-game. If you look at it on the website, there's no way to tell beyond being able to guess that something pro was used when you see a % in the 80s in the top scores.

I find the rb.com leaderboards to be horribly slow to update, and give false information. We had a fbfc of a song and the website said one of us got a 91%. We have proof of the same score with a fbfc as well

True, with the percents it tends to be horribly glitchy, but after the first few weeks, it got faster about updating. Our scores show up within seconds of our playing them now, on the website LB.
I wouldn't say seconds...It's still takes awhile to upload online, but RB.com did get faster at uploading, I must admit Ever since the update though, I rarely even go there anymore cuz it's so freaking laggy...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
Just to reiterate and be really clear about this - the main thing we (me and blingdomepiece, who have the full band and coop leagues respectively) are using to verify scores is the proof.

In the second week and beyond, if there is no proof, there will be no pm, no questions, no investigating. no proof = score deleted, end of story.

In the first week only, if there is no score, I will look at it. If the score seems obviously legitimate, and there is no question, I might leave it up and send a nagging PM. If I look at it and there is any question at all, even just by the fact that it happens to be 1st place, it's going to be deleted.

INCLUDE YOUR PROOF, don't leave any room for doubt. In this day and age there is no way in hell that four people all don't own a cell phone or a camera. Someone can and should take a picture. If you don't have anywhere to host the picture, PM it to me or email it to the address in my profile.

Everyone consider this your last warning about proofs! If your score gets deleted and you PM me, I will reply only with a link to this post!

(also once again at the time of this post there are still proof-less scores on the board. everyone should check their scores and make sure proof is included!)

Is a leaderboard pic sufficient?
www.youtube.com/redskinsrock2689
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Redskinsroc2689 PSN Name: Redskinsrock2689
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redskinsrock2689 wrote:
No - it needs to be the results screen showing the icons for what type of instrument is being played for each player. The score alone is not enough, we have to be certain that pro mode and/or harmonies are not being used.
xGaberadex  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
redskinsrock2689 wrote:
No - it needs to be the results screen showing the icons for what type of instrument is being played for each player. The score alone is not enough, we have to be certain that pro mode and/or harmonies are not being used.
Btw, I have the full band pic and Skins has the leaderboard pic, but his should be acceptable as well since it clearly shows a pic of the place we're in and also what instruments we all played on (if we played on pro, it'd have the pro icon on the instruments, but we clearly didn't by the proof of our photos).

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xGaberadex wrote:
singemfrc wrote:
redskinsrock2689 wrote:
Btw, I have the full band pic and Skins has the leaderboard pic, but his should be acceptable as well since it clearly shows a pic of the place we're in and also what instruments we all played on (if we played on pro, it'd have the pro icon on the instruments, but we clearly didn't by the proof of our photos).

The point is that could been done at any point even before the leagues, which is why they need the screenshot.

thewinnerisgeeg: like feed the dogs and eat minipockets and ice cream
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041
redskinsrock2689  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2003041 wrote:
xGaberadex wrote:
singemfrc wrote:
redskinsrock2689 wrote:

The point is that could been done at any point even before the leagues, which is why they need the screenshot.

It still coulda been done at any point before leagues..
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Redskinsroc2689 PSN Name: Redskinsrock2689
Lycrios  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redskinsrock2689 wrote:

It still coulda been done at any point before leagues..

This is why SH runs off of the honor system. Yes, people could submit older scores not played during leagues week, but we have to trust that they are legit and posting scores from the current week alone.

Also, about the result screen vs leaderboard screen, Leagues have always run with the results screen from the time I've known about them. This is not new information. A quick search in past leagues could give anyone that information. I'm also pretty sure it is somewhere in the rules and guidelines.
woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not about *when* the song was played. This is about what instruments were used to get the score and making sure that the people who are signed up are the ones who played it.

And if you already have the results screen picture, then what exactly are you arguing about?

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
redskinsrock2689  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woozerkristen wrote:
This is not about *when* the song was played. This is about what instruments were used to get the score and making sure that the people who are signed up are the ones who played it.

And if you already have the results screen picture, then what exactly are you arguing about?

I'm just saying that the full band leaderboards tell you what instruments were played, and whether or not pro mode/harmonies were used. Other than note streak and percent, the results screen doesn't give you any more information than the leaderboards, which is why I personally think a leaderboard pic should be enough.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be careful that your proof pictures do not accidentally crop important pieces of information. Redskin, you're ok because you already PMed me proof of that score, but be careful on other pictures. The results screen one on the league results is cropped.
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like our band is out. Too much going on IRL for us to be able to do anything this week and since we'd rather not start a week late we'll just pull out now.

Good luck to everyone remaining!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RJUCPU wrote:
Looks like our band is out. Too much going on IRL for us to be able to do anything this week and since we'd rather not start a week late we'll just pull out now.

1. You can still submit a score that came from less than a full band, but you can't multitask. Any score is better than 0.
2. The leagues try and take roughly half of the roster into the playoffs (IIRC), so even a 1-week deficit could still be overcome.

I say this because dropouts are not great, but dropouts in a league with 12 total participants is a little worse. If you can't, you can't, but I wouldn't drop now just because you think you're giving yourself an insurmountable handicap.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deschain wrote:
RJUCPU wrote:

1. You can still submit a score that came from less than a full band, but you can't multitask. Any score is better than 0.
2. The leagues try and take roughly half of the roster into the playoffs (IIRC), so even a 1-week deficit could still be overcome.

I say this because dropouts are not great, but dropouts in a league with 12 total participants is a little worse. If you can't, you can't, but I wouldn't drop now just because you think you're giving yourself an insurmountable handicap.

Actually I hadn't thought of that option and I think we might just go that route. We talked it over and we're hopeful things will be back on track next week (though there's no guarantee) so this may be the best way to go. I don't really want to drop, only signed up for this league and co-op roulette. However, not something I want to do for more than one week so if things aren't better we'll re-weigh it next week.

Seriously don't see why multi-tasking isn't allowed, that would solve everything =/

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate time differences.. like a lot. It's very difficult for our band to get a good time to play.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12

Jump to: