FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Dogfoodnyc/Weskerkun/Woozerkristen BoRap Harmony Vid
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:56 am    Post subject: Dogfoodnyc/Weskerkun/Woozerkristen BoRap Harmony Vid Reply with quote

12/3/10 Dogfood, wesker, and I finished our vocal harmonies video for Bohemian Rhapsody.

Dogfood sings the lead part in its original octave. It is amazing to behold!!

11/13/10 Heh, it's been nine months since I updated this. Been pretty busy finishing my dissertation and getting set to graduate, so I haven't done much solo playing in that time. I defended my dissertation a few weeks before RB3 came out, so thankfully no more than normal work obligations to balance with my playing.

Got the full game FC on vocals today:

Hardest songs for me were In The Meantime and I Got You (I Feel Good). Both took way too many tries, the former for random pitch dropping in the verses and the latter for the random high-pitched yells. It also took me an absurd number of times to get through Free Bird while hitting all of the taps.

My 3rd cymbal got delivered, so my plans for now are to mostly do pro drums in my solo playing time while InternetGuy and I work on getting a band together. (At least, provided my recently-injured foot is just sprained and not a stress fracture -- fingers crossed.)

Oh, also got my first OGBFC last week, including pro-mode drums (since it only needed 2 cymbals): Hardest Button to Button.

2/6/10 50 Expert Drum FCs! Most recent four that got me to the goal: Thunder, Dreamin', Last of the American Girls, and the 50th, You Shook Me All Night Long, complete with celebratory video.

Also completed three one-girl-band FCs along with those, for Thunder, Dreamin', and Last of the American Girls. Working on editing the videos, should be putting them up over the course of the week.

I should be to 30 OGBFCs shortly. Now to get to 100 gold stars. I picked up a few more the other day, now only need 8.

2/1/10 Didn't bump, just for my reference: FCed/GSed Ride A White Swan and Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground.

1/27/10 Two new One-Girl Band FCs: Who Knew and Re: Your Brains, plus some other drum FCs (Back in Black, We Will Rock You, Little Of Your Time). Next goals: 30 OGB FCs, 50 Drum FCs, 100 Drum Gold Stars.

Also, I made an alternate account on YT for Beatles vocal harmony videos, where I'm doing all the parts and overlaying them into a single run. I'd been hoping when the game came out that that would be possible. I'm putting them on the other account just as a precaution since so many people lost accounts over Beatles videos. Those videos are here (though I do add them to one of the playlists on my main account, as well): http://www.youtube.com/woozerkristenx

I got a bunch of those videos done while I was stuck housesitting for my dad with no internet last weekend, so I'm adding a new one every few days till I get caught up.

One Girl Band FCs (28): 21 Guns, Claudette, Dirty Little Secret, Dreamin', February Stars, Feel Good Inc., Gimme Shelter, Girls & Boys, Here It Goes Again, I Think I'm Paranoid, I Was Wrong, I'm So Sick, Interstate Love Song, Last of the American Girls, Losing My Religion, Monkey Gone to Heaven, New Slang, Nine in the Afternoon, Pork and Beans, Re: Your Brains, Running, Song 2, Swamped, Swing Swing, They Say, Thunder, Troublemaker, Who Knew

FCs (50): 21 Guns, Back in Black, Beetlebum, Charlene, Claudette, Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground, Dirty Little Secret, Doll, Dreamin', February Stars, Feel Good Inc., Geraldine, Gimme Shelter, Gimme Three Steps, Girls & Boys, Here It Goes Again, Highway To Hell, I Could Have Lied, I Think I’m Paranoid, I Was Wrong, I Won't Back Down, I'm So Sick, Interstate Love Song, Jane Says, Last of the American Girls, Little of Your Time, Losing My Religion, Moneytalks, Monkey Gone to Heaven, New Kid In School, New Slang, Nine in the Afternoon, Polly, Pork and Beans, Re: Your Brains, Ride A White Swan, Running, Something in the Way, Song 2, Swamped, Swing Swing, The Jack, They Say, This I Love, Thunder, Troublemaker, We Will Rock You, Who Knew, Without You, You Shook Me All Night Long

Gold Stars (92): Alone In My Head, Back In Black, Bad Luck, Beetlebum, Blitzkrieg Bop, Buddy Holly, Charlene, Claudette, Countdown to Insanity, Crocodile Rock, Creep, Cry Lonely, Dani California, Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground, Dirty Little Secret, Dreamin, Eye of the Tiger, February Stars, Feed the Tree, Feel Good Inc., Fortunate Son, Free Fallin', Futures, Geraldine, Gimme Shelter, Gimme Three Steps, Girls & Boys, Hay Poco Rock n Roll, Here It Goes Again, Hells Bells, Highway To Hell, Hillbilly Deluxe, I Could Have Lied, I Know Where You Came From, I Think I’m Paranoid, I Was Wrong, I Won't Back Down, I'm So Sick, Interstate Love Son, It’s My Life, Jane Says, Just What I Needed, Last of the American Girls, Let it All Hang Out, Little of Your Time, Livin on a Prayer, Losing My Religion, Main Offender, Manu Chao, Moneytalks, Monkey Gone to Heaven, Monsoon, Mr. Cab Driver, New Kid In School, New Slang, Nine in the Afternoon, Oh Pretty Woman, Pain and Pleasure, PDA, Pleasure (Pleasure), Pork and Beans, Pretty in Pink, Psycho Killer, Re: Your Brains, Ride A White Swan, Running, Sabotage, Say It Ain’t So, Shake, She's Fetching, Shooting Star, Something in the Way, Song 2, Swamped, Swing Swing, Tempted, Texas Flood, The Collector, The Jack, They Say, This I Love, Thunder, Time Is Running Out, TNT, Troublemaker, Under the Bridge, Wanted: Dead Or Alive, We Will Rock You, Who Knew, Without You, You Got It, You Shook Me All Night Long

Next goals: 30 OGB FCs, 50 Drum FCs, 100 Drum Gold Stars

Original Post

So I never got around to making a solo accomplishment thread before because my main focus for most of the last year has been full band with Interrobang (minus a couple months after the release of RB2 when I actually felt competitive about solo vocals scores. That competitiveness went away I FCed the game, and I don’t see it coming back any time soon). I’m not about to change my attitude about competitiveness with solo scores, but I decided to start up a thread to keep track of my solo drum accomplishments, not because I’m awesome (I’m not), but just because I’m excited about the progress I’ve made in a fairly short time, and I hope tracking my progress in a semi-public way will keep me motivated to keep working.

This has been the semester from hell as far as work goes. I ended up taking on two extra classes (in addition to the other two I was already scheduled for) to teach at my second job because of a teacher not showing up for her first week of classes, which has me working 20 hrs a week at Auburn and 40-50 a week at the other job. I knew when I agreed to it that I was going to be miserable all semester, but turning down the extra money would have been dumb, and turning down the opportunity to jump on this particular grenade for someone I was going to be asking for full time employment soon would also have been dumb. So I took it, and it’s been pretty much what I imagined, but with the additional income, I treated myself to the new TV I’d already been saving for and an ION drum set.

So I’ve been squeezing in drumming time when I can, often in the mornings before I go to work, after/in between the online classes I teach when I don’t have papers to grade (and sometimes when I do). I worked on hard till about the start of March, and then I started working through expert. I’ve beaten 49/84 of the RB2 songs (mostly sightreads at this point), then I started playing through all the other songs, just trying the ones that were around tier 3 and down, or anything that sounded like I might be able to beat it. Over the next few weeks I’m going to go back and start working on on-disk songs again. The few I’ve gone back and replayed I’ve seen pretty marked improvement on with just a second run.

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread

Last edited by woozerkristen on Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:52 pm; edited 29 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
wesker-kun  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooh... those are sure a pretty ions XD

Good luck on your drum career... hope you keep this thread updated with every single news of your drum accs

So go ahead and kick that Chop Suey in the ass xD

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are some really sexy Ions

Anyways, looks like you started Drums and I started Vocals almost at the same time, eh? But drums are much more complex as far as I'm concerned, so you're doing an awesome job with this progress! Also, I've seen your Instrument-swap vids, pretty job for such a new drummer!

Keep up the nice work, Kristen!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Emptyeye  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job on the drum stuff. I can't do much of anything on Expert except for Polly (My score is optimal! It's optimallllllll!), so you're kicking my butt there at any rate.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome ions dude, being so far from the tv might be one thing hurting your drumming though. Maybe for certain sessions that you know youll be playing for a while (like 2+ hours) you could move your ions to a closer straightforward position. From the picture it looks like the tv is facing the middle of the room and your ions face it at and angle, i dont even know how you play like that.

Well anyways good luck with passing the rest of the expert drum songs, once you can do chop suey its alot of fun to play.

bisq  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck on your drumming...I can tell you are already making progress!!

Its funny that I have the same kit as you with the same pedal and kd8 as well. I also have my drums off to the left and about the same distance from the tv as you ....It's nice to have the drums in a place where you never have to move them but not in the direct center or the room...Luckily I have a tilt mount for my tv so that helps me feel more centered.

Anyway, hoping you have continued success...maybe we can drum duel sometime

Straight J.U.I.C.E. Accomplishments
My Twitter / My Facebook
All DLC for RB2 and TBRB and RBN (ps3)
skidog71  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Kristen you are a jack of all trades, Nice... very nice!
woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for the kind words!

Wesker - I'll be updating more once the semester is over, I'm sure -- just a few weeks to go! I don't know about kicking Chop Suey in the ass, but I do hope to at least beat it sometime soon. EDIT: Looks like I'll be making beating CS my main goal for the week, since it's a drum league song. It even looks like I may be able to beat all 3 songs this week. I could only pass 1 out of 3 last week... )

Tidus - Yeah, I keep having to remind myself that it took me about a year of Guitar Hero before I was beating most things on expert without slaving away in practice mode on them. All told, I've probably only spent five months on drums (including about a month or two back when I first got RB and played medium drums only). So it seems like I'm picking this up faster than guitar. I hope that means I will be better at it!

EmptyEye - I didn't think I was ever going to be able to do expert drums. I got stuck on hard around Detroit Rock City/Go With The Flow last spring, the problem being I physically couldn't get my foot to go fast enough on the bass pedal. (At the time, I could beat Blitzkrieg Bop on hard, but only if I paused partway through to rest my leg. It was that bad.) My thoughts were that maybe drumming was always going to be hard for me just because I'm a girl -- maybe our bodies don't work the same for this kind of thing? (Backed up, in my mind, by the marked absence of girls playing expert drums.) InternetGuy disagreed and spent a night on AIM talking me through playing heel-up. At the time it didn't help a lot because holding my leg up high enough to play heel-up wore me out faster than playing heel down had, but over Thanksgiving I figured out that if I stuffed a couple of bedroom slippers under my right leg on my chair, my foot was then the exact right height to play heel up. So leg/foot stuff has become the easy part for me. Double sticking is killing me, though. I can beat Tom Sawyer but I can't beat Orange Crush.

awesomeo7 - It's not ideal, that's for sure, but I can face the tv somewhat toward the drums. It's only been like this for a week now; I was about 5 feet away and straight in front of the tv till then, but my roommate owns the house and is showing it to potential renters for next year, so I have to keep it looking somewhat normal. I'll be moving this summer though, and I'll be arranging my living room how I like in my new place, since the only person who will have to like it is me.

Bisq - We will definitely have to drum duel sometime!

Skidog -- You forgot the other part of that phase -- "Master of none." That's the story of my life, but I'm good with that. I have fun even though I never get to the point where I excel at most any of them.

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
Sixen  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skidog71 wrote:
Wow Kristen you are a jack of all trades, Nice... very nice!

wouldnt it be "jill" of all trades?.....no?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SixenSH PSN Name: Sixen
woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump - 3/4 of Disturbed passed (), moving this week so it will be a while before I beat the fourth.

I have some gold stars and FCs of RB2 songs to report, but the sheet of paper where I have scores written down is (sigh) packed somewhere.

Qbeedubee45  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one here who literally LOL'd when they saw the dog's head in that picture? hahaha
Emptyeye  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo, nice job on the drum stuff. *Still not a particularly good drummer*

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qbeedubee45 wrote:
Am I the only one here who literally LOL'd when they saw the dog's head in that picture? hahaha

I got a chuckle out of it too. Haha but seriously, nice job on the passes Kristen! Good luck on the move and hope it doesn't interfere too long with Rock Band.
woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qbeedubee45 wrote:

Ha, I was wondering how long it would be before someone noticed her there.

And thank you guys for the support. If you'd told me a few months ago I'd be passing Disturbed songs on expert drums in 1-2 tries, I would have told you you were crazy. So I'm excited about the improvement.

yur0wnstupidity  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job. Those Disturbed songs are all pretty tough. Keep working!

Edit: You may want to put a line break in between those images in the OP, they stretch the page out.

Last edited by yur0wnstupidity on Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:44 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yur0wnStupidity
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: