FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band 3 FC Breakdown (PRO)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Keys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sycocoaster  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give you the full list as I see it here. (As a side note, I will say that this is based on playing almost exclusively one-handed, so some songs may be easier with two than I rank them here.)

1. Need You Tonight
2. Before I Forget
3. The Beautiful People
4. Rainbow in the Dark
5. Whip It
6. Stop Me if You Think You've Heard This Before
7. Combat Baby
8. Rock Lobster
9. Just Like Heaven

(no changes, this part seems pretty refined )

10. I Love Rock N'Roll (I personally find this one to be much easier.)
11. Oh My God
12. Foolin'
13. The Con
14. Radar Love
15. In the Meantime
16. Heart of Glass
17. Last Dance
18. Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Pt. 1

19. Werewolves of London
20. Imagine
21. Here I Go Again
22. Everybody Wants to Rule the World
23. Oye Mi Amor
24. Walk of Life
25. Living in America
26. Get Up, Stand Up
27. Killing Loneliness

28. Midlife Crisis
29. Don't Stand So Close to Me
30. Crosstown Traffic
31. Low Rider
32. Walking on the Sun (glissandos are HARD, ok)
33. Humanoid (fast percussive notes aren't easy either)
34. I Need to Know
35. Good Vibrations (Live)
36. The Power of Love

37. Portions for Foxes
38. Space Oddity
39. Something Bigger, Something Brighter
40. In A Big Country (framing 3 chords is not that hard, come on!)
41. Break on Through (The Other Side)
42. The Look
43. The Killing Moon (ending is a nightmare!)
44. Cold As Ice
45. Centerfold

46. Du Hast
47. I Got You (I Feel Good) (Live)
48. 25 or 6 to 4
49. Sister Christian
50. 20th Century Boy
51. This Bastard's Life
52. Dead End Friends
53. Me Enamora
54. Bohemian Rhapsody

55. China Grove
56. Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting
57. Rehab (ugh grace notes are way more difficult than any kind of chord changes)
58. Free Bird
59. Smoke on the Water (really only has 2 or 3 very difficult parts)
60. Fly Like an Eagle
61. Antibodies (I'm just terrible at this song relative to everyone else)
62. Llama
63. Roundabout

I deliberated over this list a lot so I'm pretty sure of it. Also I have lots and lots of piano experience, so that probably had a heavy influence here.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sycocoaster wrote:
61. Antibodies (I'm just terrible at this song relative to everyone else)

That's one in particular that I think most people use two hands for, 1-handing that would be ridiculous. It's hard either way, but it would be ranked lower if you assume people use two hands.
megallica  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sycocoaster wrote:

19. Werewolves of London

i'm really surprised you put Werewolves of London so high

the entire song is that same easy 10 second long part looped throughout the song

the only hard part is at the end when it changes up slightly and they add this little extra part into it

obviously freticons aren't made for pro keys, but it looks kind of like that

i have no piano experience at all, and i got it after an hour or two after trying it for the first time the week RB3 came out

i really don't think it can compare to the difficulty of In The Meantime

i would say it's easier than Oh My God or I Love Rock And Roll too, since they have a lot of triple chords and Werewolves Of London is all double chords in a pretty simple pattern

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree. Werewolves was EXTREMELY frustrating for me to FC. There are just enough changes so that as soon as you zone out and start not paying attention, there's an extra note or two.
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sycocoaster wrote:

23. Oye Mi Amor

I believe this should be higher due to the B-note mashing at the start. I have yet to hit that.

Quote:
25. Living in America

Would probably put this lower.

Quote:
41. Break on Through (The Other Side)

Would probably lower this a bit too.

Quote:
44. Cold As Ice

Might raise this a bit, I find the opening solo with the descending black note pairs quite hard.
malictus  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
sycocoaster wrote:

23. Oye Mi Amor

I believe this should be higher due to the B-note mashing at the start. I have yet to hit that.

Agree completely. I can hit it once every 5-6 times.
blingdomepiece wrote:

Quote:
44. Cold As Ice

Might raise this a bit, I find the opening solo with the descending black note pairs quite hard.

I was just going to suggest the opposite I got this in just a few tries for some reason.
megallica  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

malictus wrote:
I disagree. Werewolves was EXTREMELY frustrating for me to FC. There are just enough changes so that as soon as you zone out and start not paying attention, there's an extra note or two.

to me, that sort of justification doesn't matter for an FC breakdown

being inattentive may cause you to need to play it a few extra times, but the actual sections are still easy to hit

the other songs i mentioned require a higher level of skill to FC

it's possible to FC Werewolves Of London and be completely unable to FC Oh My God or In The Meantime. the reverse is less likely to be true

in your case, it took longer to FC Werewolves of London, but you can FC the other songs too, you just weren't paying attention

it's along the same lines as the people that say So What'cha Want is hard to FC on Bass because it's boring. there's nothing hard about the chart, you just have to pay attention

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My reason for putting Werewolves so high is exactly what Malictus said. Technical difficulty is not the only factor in a FC. Being able to hit every section in a song is quite different from hitting all of them in one run. I had to restart that song so many times just because I would get lost in the repetition and make a simple mental error. If this doesn't plague you, then you are lucky. Also, the difficult part of the song is at the very end, which is only asking for a choke.

Nerves are a huge part of playing perfectly, and they can easily get the better of you.

Oye Mi Amor - you have a pretty good point. I just figured the only difficult part is at the start, so you just restart until you get that.

Living in America - That bridge part was pretty tricky to get down perfectly. It's kind of another section where you will get lost without being overly attentive.

Break on Through - there's a 5 note glissando that I missed OVER and OVER that comes right after a few chords. I find it quite challenging actually. That's not the only hard part, either. I can't really see anything below it that I would move up...

Cold As Ice - I think that because the solo is all black notes it is particularly easy. I remember only missing it just a few times, and now it's quite easy for me. Also, it's at the beginning.

I...don't recall any 3 note chords in I Love Rock n' Roll, which is slower in tempo than Werewolves. I FC'd ILRnR on my second playthrough, which I don't think I did even with Before I Forget, The Beautiful People, Stop Me, or Just Like Heaven.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sycocoaster wrote:
Living in America - That bridge part was pretty tricky to get down perfectly. It's kind of another section where you will get lost without being overly attentive.

I've actually memorized this section so I don't even look at the screen when I play it. I know that's bad practice in some quarters, but I find I do better if I focus on the different places I need to put my pinky (I play it with the first four digits fixed and the pinky doing double-duty) and not on the screen pattern.

Quote:
Break on Through - there's a 5 note glissando that I missed OVER and OVER that comes right after a few chords. I find it quite challenging actually. That's not the only hard part, either. I can't really see anything below it that I would move up...

OK you may be right. I was going more from memory there and the feeling that everything in the song is hittable. But I've only 5*ed it once so obviously I'm having trouble doing so in a single run .

Quote:
Cold As Ice - I think that because the solo is all black notes it is particularly easy. I remember only missing it just a few times, and now it's quite easy for me. Also, it's at the beginning.

I have not tried building this up from 70% speed yet so maybe once I do that it's easier.

Quote:
I...don't recall any 3 note chords in I Love Rock n' Roll, which is slower in tempo than Werewolves. I FC'd ILRnR on my second playthrough, which I don't think I did even with Before I Forget, The Beautiful People, Stop Me, or Just Like Heaven.

The only hard part of ILRAR is the transition to the ending and the ending itself, where you can get hypnotized by the screen or accidentally speed up.
googleimage  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Killing Moon is waaaaay too high. Even though the second half's 4-note-chords are nasty, there are only 2 of them, so it's repetitive and highly learnable. By my count there are 13 songs which are beyond a shadow of a doubt harder to FC that are ranked below it and another 5 or so that I would personally make a case for. I'd place China Grove lower as well - there's a lot of tricky stuff, and that beginning glissando and trill are both troublesome, but it's all cake compared to the likes of Bohemian Rhapsody. I think In A Big Country is a bit high as well - the chords are pretty much unhittable for somebody who can only pull 5 - 10 FC's, but somebody who can pull off 20 to 25 should at least be able to come close on that one - consistency is the biggest obstacle there. I'm sort of with the rest of the crew on Antibodies in that there are definitely more than 2 songs that are harder.

The earlier half looks pretty decent to me though - the only one that strikes me as way too low is Killing Loneliness, just because that song is so shifty and requires such a high level of focus for the entire time. I'd make a similar, less drastic case for I Need To Know as well.
anonymous_25  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

googleimage wrote:
The Killing Moon is waaaaay too high. Even though the second half's 4-note-chords are nasty, there are only 2 of them, so it's repetitive and highly learnable.

The earlier half looks pretty decent to me though - the only one that strikes me as way too low is Killing Loneliness, just because that song is so shifty and requires such a high level of focus for the entire time. I'd make a similar, less drastic case for I Need To Know as well.

The killing moon may have only two hard 4-note chords, but the notes that fill the spaces between them are constantly changing. While I agree it could be ranked easier, it's not quite as repetitive as you seem to make it out to be.

I agree on Killing Loneliness. Nothing is really hard, but it has a really wide range at any given time and, as you said, really requires a lot of focus.
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeftrockX3 wrote:
List updated. More feedback please

Power of Love looks a bit out of place next to In a Big Country and Cold As Ice. I almost FCed it in the league. I would move it to the low 30s. The four note chords in it are a piece of cake compared to the Killing Moon.

Also think I Need to Know would be easier to FC than Killing Moon.
sycocoaster  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to think that Fly Like an Eagle is easier than Smoke on the Water, and even that Llama is easier than Antibodies. Probably not what everyone thinks, but that's my thoughts.

Other than that the list still looks really good to me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Keys All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12

Jump to: