FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band 3 FC Breakdown (PRO)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Keys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anonymous_25  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sycocoaster wrote:
Living in America - That bridge part was pretty tricky to get down perfectly. It's kind of another section where you will get lost without being overly attentive.

I've actually memorized this section so I don't even look at the screen when I play it. I know that's bad practice in some quarters, but I find I do better if I focus on the different places I need to put my pinky (I play it with the first four digits fixed and the pinky doing double-duty) and not on the screen pattern.

Quote:
Break on Through - there's a 5 note glissando that I missed OVER and OVER that comes right after a few chords. I find it quite challenging actually. That's not the only hard part, either. I can't really see anything below it that I would move up...

OK you may be right. I was going more from memory there and the feeling that everything in the song is hittable. But I've only 5*ed it once so obviously I'm having trouble doing so in a single run .

Quote:
Cold As Ice - I think that because the solo is all black notes it is particularly easy. I remember only missing it just a few times, and now it's quite easy for me. Also, it's at the beginning.

I have not tried building this up from 70% speed yet so maybe once I do that it's easier.

Quote:
I...don't recall any 3 note chords in I Love Rock n' Roll, which is slower in tempo than Werewolves. I FC'd ILRnR on my second playthrough, which I don't think I did even with Before I Forget, The Beautiful People, Stop Me, or Just Like Heaven.

The only hard part of ILRAR is the transition to the ending and the ending itself, where you can get hypnotized by the screen or accidentally speed up.
googleimage  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Killing Moon is waaaaay too high. Even though the second half's 4-note-chords are nasty, there are only 2 of them, so it's repetitive and highly learnable. By my count there are 13 songs which are beyond a shadow of a doubt harder to FC that are ranked below it and another 5 or so that I would personally make a case for. I'd place China Grove lower as well - there's a lot of tricky stuff, and that beginning glissando and trill are both troublesome, but it's all cake compared to the likes of Bohemian Rhapsody. I think In A Big Country is a bit high as well - the chords are pretty much unhittable for somebody who can only pull 5 - 10 FC's, but somebody who can pull off 20 to 25 should at least be able to come close on that one - consistency is the biggest obstacle there. I'm sort of with the rest of the crew on Antibodies in that there are definitely more than 2 songs that are harder.

The earlier half looks pretty decent to me though - the only one that strikes me as way too low is Killing Loneliness, just because that song is so shifty and requires such a high level of focus for the entire time. I'd make a similar, less drastic case for I Need To Know as well.
anonymous_25  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

googleimage wrote:
The Killing Moon is waaaaay too high. Even though the second half's 4-note-chords are nasty, there are only 2 of them, so it's repetitive and highly learnable.

The earlier half looks pretty decent to me though - the only one that strikes me as way too low is Killing Loneliness, just because that song is so shifty and requires such a high level of focus for the entire time. I'd make a similar, less drastic case for I Need To Know as well.

The killing moon may have only two hard 4-note chords, but the notes that fill the spaces between them are constantly changing. While I agree it could be ranked easier, it's not quite as repetitive as you seem to make it out to be.

I agree on Killing Loneliness. Nothing is really hard, but it has a really wide range at any given time and, as you said, really requires a lot of focus.
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeftrockX3 wrote:
List updated. More feedback please

Power of Love looks a bit out of place next to In a Big Country and Cold As Ice. I almost FCed it in the league. I would move it to the low 30s. The four note chords in it are a piece of cake compared to the Killing Moon.

Also think I Need to Know would be easier to FC than Killing Moon.
sycocoaster  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to think that Fly Like an Eagle is easier than Smoke on the Water, and even that Llama is easier than Antibodies. Probably not what everyone thinks, but that's my thoughts.

Other than that the list still looks really good to me.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sycocoaster wrote:
I'm starting to think that Fly Like an Eagle is easier than Smoke on the Water, and even that Llama is easier than Antibodies. Probably not what everyone thinks, but that's my thoughts.

Other than that the list still looks really good to me.

Well, Llama Pro Keys is still unFCed, and at least two people I think have FCed Antibodies. Number of FCs isn't always a perfect indicator of difficulty, but for disk songs, after almost 6 months, I'd say it probably is.
GanonMetroid  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd put Antibodies between Smoke on the Water and Free Bird. There's really nothing especially hard in it.

Videos. Guitar Hero accomplishments. Rock Band accomplishments. GH customs.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv Ganon PSN Name: PanOfMopsicle ICQ Number
anonymous_25  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voltgloss  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest Antibodies and Free Bird be switched, based on the simple point that Antibodies has been FC'd, but Free Bird hasn't.

Also, I suggest Smoke On The Water and Fly Like An Eagle be switched. Both songs are hard throughout, but Smoke On The Water has two really difficult things that Fly Like An Eagle doesn't: (1) a Roundabout-style insane arpeggio at the end of the second verse (that speeds up midway through); and (2) two glissandos that are not charted as glissandos. Meaning you actually have to hit them perfectly. And at least one runs right into a chord.

RB3 Expert Pro Keys FCs: 58/63 + 214 DLC. My accomplishments thread.
MehPlusRawr  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, why is Antibodies up so high? Unless you're using only your right hand, it's probably the easiest devil-tier song.
JWitjeS  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MehPlusRawr wrote:
it's probably the easiest devil-tier song.

Not to me. I can probably FC (or at least gold star) Sister Christian and China Grove if I practice more, but Antibodies is way too fast for me.
MehPlusRawr  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWitjeS wrote:
MehPlusRawr wrote:
it's probably the easiest devil-tier song.

Not to me. I can probably FC (or at least gold star) Sister Christian and China Grove if I practice more, but Antibodies is way too fast for me.

Maybe it's just me, but simple repeating patterns seem a lot easier than random chord bs. I guess I just suck at chords.
sycocoaster  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MehPlusRawr wrote:
Um, why is Antibodies up so high? Unless you're using only your right hand, it's probably the easiest devil-tier song.

Chords are easier for some and more difficult for some. For me, chords are way easier. Also I Got You is much easier than any of the other impossible tier songs. Then Sister Christian. I actually like the flow of the impossible tier as it is right now (although if I ever get either of them I'm sure I'll get Free Bird before Antibodies.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Keys All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12

Jump to: