FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Unable to find "Africa" by Quarteded in RBN Store
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network
View previous topic :: View next topic  
m4tth4x  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:44 am    Post subject: Unable to find "Africa" by Quarteded in RBN Store Reply with quote

Could someone explain to me why the song mentioned above is not appearing in the RBN store? I tried looking under the A's for song title, and there isn't even a "Q" category for browsing by artist. I also looked through all the difficulties Moderate to Impossible.

I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me how to find and download this song, because it looks awesome on drums.

Thanks!

Drum Goals-

Get 1st place on a song [X] (Even the Losers and Here Comes My Girl (Live))

Guitar Goals -

FC Chinease Democracy [ ]
FC Godzilla [X]
FC Chrion [-1]
FC Mud On The Tires [X]
FC Tripolette [-2]

Add me on XBL if you wanna play RB/GH
psyberOne  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because it's still in play-testing or peer review.

There is a big gap between when a band announces a song is going to be mad and when it's made, then another couple weeks (more or less) it spends in play-testing/peer review before getting final approval for the RBN Store

EDIT:
http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30286
Here's the thread which is usually at the the top of the forum with all of the info you'll ever need on RBN
KJHall  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's odd, wonder why they took it back down... It was available for purchase.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was under the impression that it was already available, mainly because it's listed on the "Best Of" for RBN drum songs on the poll at rbdlc.com, which I thought only included songs that had already been released.

http://www.rbdlc.com/news/?p=3759

I may well be wrong, just that's what lead me to assume that it was available.

Drum Goals-

Guitar Goals -

FC Godzilla [X]
FC Chrion [-1]
FC Mud On The Tires [X]
FC Tripolette [-2]

psyberOne  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops on the semi-snarky response, never saw it was up in the first place. Possible something was found after approval, could be aliens, who knows.
Zourtack  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it was released for at least a little bit because I have it.
m4tth4x  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psyberOne wrote:
Oops on the semi-snarky response, never saw it was up in the first place. Possible something was found after approval, could be aliens, who knows.

Np, your post didn't come off as snarky to me, just helpful.

Drum Goals-

Guitar Goals -

FC Godzilla [X]
FC Chrion [-1]
FC Mud On The Tires [X]
FC Tripolette [-2]

JCirri  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This song got prematurely added before the legal consent was received by Harmonix. We're still awaiting a form to be returned from the band and it will then be re-added to the store for purchase. It should not impact anyone who's already bought the song while it was up, as no changes will be made.

In the meantime for anyone not aware of this amazing song, here's a preview.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
This song got prematurely added before the legal consent was received by Harmonix. We're still awaiting a form to be returned from the band and it will then be re-added to the store for purchase. It should not impact anyone who's already bought the song while it was up, as no changes will be made.

In the meantime for anyone not aware of this amazing song, here's a preview.

It is pretty awesome, though it's also crazy and original on drums, no other song quite like it. I don't know why I never hit it up in playtesting, it's a great song to listen to as well.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to go ahead and leave "Africa" in the un-FCed list for now, though hopefully it gets re-released soon. The major reason for this decision is that I have already received proof of a bass FC of the song. The song is still on the guitar list though...so for those of you guys who have it I would appreciate if you could FC it on guitar (note that I have no idea how difficult it is; for all I know it could be too hard for the average player/most people) and post the proof in the un-FCed songs thread.

Also, a related question: What happened to "Cease and Desist" by The Main Drag? The song was there originally, but it is no longer listed on the official website (note: this simple deletion of the song gave me hell in updating the un-FCed songs thread). Thankfully (for my thread) it was FCed on both guitar and bass before being deleted, so the deletion affects only the total number of songs (I'm saying 157/158 to reflect the fact that 158 songs have existed although only 157 are actually there now) and not the actual lists of un-FCed songs.

PeridotWeapon  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully Africa reappears soon - that was top on my list of unexpected goodness for an 80 MSP price tag when it was first released.

And yes, keeping track of content on the Rock Band Network could easily turn into a full-time job ... we've got downloadable songs that were never officially released, downloadable songs that vanish AFTER being officially released, and officially released songs that still can't be downloaded (where's my Moonshine Hollar and What A Trip, already?).

Things'll really get chaotic once songs like Footloose and Fancy Free get re-released with slightly altered charts so they don't match the version of those who jumped the gun to get it. Do you need TWO listings in the un-FC'd songs, then?
BobDole  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Things'll really get chaotic once songs like Footloose and Fancy Free get re-released with slightly altered charts so they don't match the version of those who jumped the gun to get it. Do you need TWO listings in the un-FC'd songs, then?

I think the most logical thing to do would be to simply re-list it for the new chart (assuming that the chart does indeed change) and just totally disregard the old one, since it will be basically unavailable from now on (I know some people already have it, but the point is that nobody that doesn't have it yet will be able to get it). I think the song was still on the guitar and bass lists, but I did notice a FBFC proof in the thread from earlier today...so it will be off of both lists when I update at midnight. I will make a note of this however, and when it gets officially re-released I will add it back to the list provided that the guitar/bass notecharts are actually different.

By the way I'm really wishing I had a 360 now even just for the purpose of simply browsing the RBN store...I think it would make my task of keeping up with the content on a daily basis (see un-FCed guitar/bass songs thread) a little easier.

PeridotWeapon  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought I'd mention that Africa has reappeared in the RBN store (both on the website and in the game itself). Same chart and file as before, so there's no changes if you bought it before it was pulled the last time.

I believe the 10-minute "Descend into the Eternal Pits of Possession" had also vanished for a time; it's back as well.
m4tth4x  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up, off to buy it

Drum Goals-

Guitar Goals -

FC Godzilla [X]
FC Chrion [-1]
FC Mud On The Tires [X]
FC Tripolette [-2]

Npeaen  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Africa is one of the reasons that the demo section should be reworked a bit.

The guitar does not have a SINGLE note during the demo time.

There should be some kind of code that allows the authors to pick what part of the song should be the demo.

Localization Manager- MediaLocate
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Npeaen PSN Name: Npeaen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: