FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
PAX East -- who's going, need a bandmate, etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BriGuy  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome first day! I met a ton of people from here and played a lot of cool games. Can't wait for day 2 and 3!
Stories and pictures coming later (when I'm not rushing off to play more games)
Good luck to my vVv Adrenaline bros!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BiGuy, I'll be there tomorrow with Cena and DavidShek.

Make sure you look around for us, I'd love to meet ya.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: el b0bb0 PSN Name: el_bobbo
bclare  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEMS wrote:
BiGuy, I'll be there tomorrow with Cena and DavidShek.

Make sure you look around for us, I'd love to meet ya.

Heh, I saw some Wounded Soul demo CDs on the tables at the HMX lounge, I was wondering if DavidShek was at PAX or if someone else had done that. I think I saw Cena there on friday.

If anyone wants to say hi to me, I'm planning on singing Bad Romance on the HMX lounge stage, probably pretty soon after the RB tournament finals end.

Oh the tournament: well my band got knocked out (first match to go to tiebreaker, but I'll spare the details) so the final 4 is vVv Adrenaline, Interrobang, Jessie and the Rippers (they beat us, it's 3/4 of Earth Wind & Centaur) and probably witwix's band, I left before their round finished. I think witwix would have to play Interrobang first round? Not sure.
GanonMetroid  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, witwix's is the last one. Band name is moop. It's witwix, wedge, mystakin, and mithin.

Videos. Guitar Hero accomplishments. Rock Band accomplishments. GH customs.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv Ganon PSN Name: PanOfMopsicle ICQ Number
Synech  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh hey, I was in this tournament! I was the vocalist for Easy Like Pi.

Go team!

However, I did not like the setup at all. Both bands playing right across from each other at the same time (with a couple seconds' lag)? That's confusing as hell. Is that how most tourneys are done? Because that's not conducive to good mental focus...
</postmortem>

anywho, good times were had, and we'll all float on anyway.
GanonMetroid  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Synech wrote:

Go team!

However, I did not like the setup at all. Both bands playing right across from each other at the same time (with a couple seconds' lag)? That's confusing as hell. Is that how most tourneys are done? Because that's not conducive to good mental focus...
</postmortem>

anywho, good times were had, and we'll all float on anyway.
You had the option to wait and play one after the other, but people wanted to get it done quick. Even as it was it took a few hours.

Oh well.

Videos. Guitar Hero accomplishments. Rock Band accomplishments. GH customs.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv Ganon PSN Name: PanOfMopsicle ICQ Number
bclare  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GanonMetroid wrote:
You had the option to wait and play one after the other, but people wanted to get it done quick. Even as it was it took a few hours.

Oh well.

Eh, I talked to deadmetal (the enforcer running it) and he wanted us to go at the same time unless there was equipment-sharing that would prevent it, just for scheduling reasons.

Anyway good luck tomorrow Ganon. I'm gonna sleep in but I'll probably still make it for the final round if that's gonna be at like 1230 or 1 or so.

edit: I was really trying to get our opponent to use my Motley Crue LP after one of their LPs stopped working, that way we wouldn't have to play at the same time, but then they had another one.

Last edited by bclare on Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: bclare PSN Name: bclare1729
Emptyeye  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Synech wrote:

</postmortem>

I can't speak for "most", but the GameUniCon tournament had a similar setup, although it was more "a bunch of bands in a room facing away from one another playing their songs at the same time." Near the end, the two bands competing directly against one another tried their best to start at the same time. It generally worked better than you'd think, although I do recall the fast part of Aqualung being basically a wall of noise because, no matter how much you try, you're not going to be able to start at EXACTLY the same time.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to vVv Adrenaline on winning the tournament!

The final match went down to a tiebreaker. We won our pick of I Want You Back, they won their pick of Hammer Smashed Face, and then a third party picked a tie breaker of Bad Romance by Lady Gaga (). We lost the coin toss and had to go first, I'd never heard the whole song before so Aaron jumped on the vocals grenade, and we didn't realize that bass was the hardest part of the song, so I sucked it up big time and missed a lot of overdrives. Interesting way for the tournament to end, I guess, but I know we had a good time. And we couldn't have done anything with the prizes anyway since they were 360 guitars.

So, so awesome to meet everyone this weekend. I had a great time.

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
niq24601  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woozerkristen wrote:
Congrats to vVv Adrenaline on winning the tournament!

The final match went down to a tiebreaker. We won our pick of I Want You Back, they won their pick of Hammer Smashed Face, and then a third party picked a tie breaker of Bad Romance by Lady Gaga ().

Y'know, I was annoyed when they picked this as the tiebreaker, but after thinking about it it's a very PAX thing to do. It's sort of like having Excitebike as the Omegathon final. And it was a little hilarious to see the guys sing it .

(though this whole "pick any DLC" business is just getting too outta control, even if it's just for the finals).

"gay" and "rape". You keep on using those words. I do not think they mean what you think they mean.
singemfrc wrote:
When I got GHWoR at midnight the guy behind me was there to buy a copy of Iron Man 2 on Blu Ray and midnight. Buying a movie at midnight release? Wow, so I didn't feel like the biggest loser
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: niq24601
Tobias911  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, vVv Adrenaline had a great time this weekend! Meeting all the old scorehero faces and new faces was great! It was fantastic to meet PS3's Interrobang finally , a great bunch of peeps! It figures at a Pax they would use Bad Romance as the final song and i have to thank my fiancee Melissa (submissivekitty on sh) for loving that song and forcing me to hear it all the time at home >_<!

Overall it was a a blast and i hope to see everyone soon again! Pics and videos will be up later!
Synech  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, the final round was fun and amazing. congrats!

i wish i coulda sung bad romance; i pwn that song so hard.
Fedora  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got pulled into the tournament when Gurn's band needed a bassist. We were the second victims of Adrenaline's run to the title.

Still, it was a lot of fun, and it was great to meet everyone (again, in some cases.)

On a different but similar note, none of the Omeganauts knew how to sing The Gambler. It was awful.

The original Rock Band career bassist.
Former DJ Hero player for vVv.
eddaket  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Synech wrote:

I was your guitarist

I wish I could have gone today and watched the finals. Good job to everyone in the final four. In the knockout round yesterday we have to play Souls of Black and I had one of my worst runs on that in a long time. Played it last night, FC first try. I suck at playing live....

But again, congrats to vVv and the others that made it further than us. I'm sure it was fun today
bclare  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddaket wrote:
Synech wrote:

I was your guitarist

And niq was the drummer, and I was the bassist. Yay our whole band is in this thread now.

also @ Fedora: I watched all the matches on Saturday, I didn't know that was you in GurnKiller's band though, I would have said hi.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: