FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
DLC for 12/15
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
killzonedout  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH GODDAMMIT THERE IS NO METAL AT ALL I MEAN SERIOUSLY HARMONIX WHY YOU DO THIS I JUST HAVE BEEN WAITING BAWW ALSO NO PUNCTUATION IS SO COOL AND CAPS LOCK IS LIKE CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL BUT ANYWAY GODDAMMIT NO METAL LOOK AT ME BEING AN ATTENTION WHORE HAAAAAAAAI
Devil666555SH  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wake up every evening with a big smile on my face and it never seems outta place:) Lolsong for RB but could be fun to probably will pick up that and 30 seconds to mars
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

killzonedout wrote:
OH GODDAMMIT THERE IS NO METAL AT ALL I MEAN SERIOUSLY HARMONIX WHY YOU DO THIS I JUST HAVE BEEN WAITING BAWW ALSO NO PUNCTUATION IS SO COOL AND CAPS LOCK IS LIKE CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL BUT ANYWAY GODDAMMIT NO METAL LOOK AT ME BEING AN ATTENTION WHORE HAAAAAAAAI

Obnoxious parody is clearly the highroad of any disagreement.
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RBN can only be brought up when it's actually out and it's not like it'll be some sort of "End All, Be All" when it does. A bunch of bands I've never heard of and Dream Theater...don't really...get me all that...excited...
Icemage  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:
RBN can only be brought up when it's actually out and it's not like it'll be some sort of "End All, Be All" when it does. A bunch of bands I've never heard of and Dream Theater...don't really...get me all that...excited...

Backpedal faster.

For "most people" (read: mainstream), most of the artists you want to see as DLC are "bands I've never heard of". So why are your tastes more valid than theirs? Just because they're "yours"?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icemage wrote:
For "most people" (read: mainstream), most of the artists you want to see as DLC are "bands I've never heard of". So why are your tastes more valid than theirs?

Why are they less valid?

I agree on RBN not being a valid argument against DLC criticism until a) it's actually out, and b) we see that it isn't just more of the same, genre-wise, except no one's heard of the bands.
Icemage  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

005 wrote:
Why are they less valid?

Because the mainstream outnumber the niche? Granted, I'm not taking the position that all songs are equally fun when played in Rock Band, but if we're just talking about musical taste and what will sell, I see nothing wrong with Harmonix trending a little more mainstream on their official releases when they have a bunch of lesser known stuff in the pipeline via RBN.

Quote:
I agree on RBN not being a valid argument against DLC criticism until a) it's actually out, and b) we see that it isn't just more of the same, genre-wise, except no one's heard of the bands.

It's one thing to criticize DLC announcements and say "I really wish they had chosen song Y from this artist instead of song X since it would be more fun", and it's quite another to say "Oh, that song/artist Z I don't like is taking the place of some other artist/song I would rather have" when there are contingencies in place to make sure that doesn't have to happen.

As for not knowing what's coming, there's a whole thread dedicated to RBN, and if you think there's nothing fun/challenging coming down the pipeline, then I respectfully direct you to YouTube some of the preview charts that are up from various RBN charters, from a variety of different genres.

At worst it'll take a few more months for RBN to rev up to speed, so even if my guess is right and HMX has tacked a little closer to the center of mainstream music sensibility for their weekly official releases, so what?

Last edited by Icemage on Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:14 am; edited 1 time in total
BigZ7337  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll probably get everything this week, the only one I'm not sure about is the AAR song"Hope it Gives You Hell." That song is pretty bad, so I may skip it. Did you guys see how long the two 30 Seconds to Mars songs are? Both are almost six minutes long, also the drums sound pretty fun. I don't like their newest cd as much as the last one, but these songs are still good fits in Rock Band.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icemage wrote:
MSH-Hitman wrote:

Backpedal faster.

For "most people" (read: mainstream), most of the artists you want to see as DLC are "bands I've never heard of". So why are your tastes more valid than theirs? Just because they're "yours"?

I'm not saying mine are. I'm just stating my opinion. And in the end that's all we are doing since that is the point of the forums. The forums aren't here just so we can give only praise every week.

All I want to see is a little more variety in choices each week so that I'm not left to barely touching RB each month. Too often there are weeks dedicated to a specific style, sure it makes sense, but if you can release a half dozen or more songs, why not throw out 3 Green Day songs and then for those that can't stand what Green Day has become (Or what they put with it), can have something else to tied them over. That to me makes more sense than having an entire week dedicated to pop tunes.
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never gotten the "I never heard of that, therefore it's not as good" line of thinking. I mean, there are bands I want in Rockband, but it's only because I know I like them. If you've got something I've never heard of and I end up liking it that's even better in my eyes. People keep going "sure RBN, but I don't know most of those bands" like that is somehow a negative. Your familiarity with a song has no effect on whether it's a song you'll enjoy. The fact that I've heard of a lot of new bands that I like because of RBN is the best thing going for it.

It works the other way too, popular songs I don't like are just as underwhelming to me as songs I havn't heard of and don't like.

So in my opinion the popularity of a song is a non issue for me. Though I know for Harmonix it sells more if it's well known, and I can't fault them for that. I can however fault people on here that are met with a song they haven't heard of and instead of actually just click on the link provided in every one of these threads just dismisses it. That's just ignorance as far as I'm concerned.
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yakityyakblah wrote:
So in my opinion the popularity of a song is a non issue for me. Though I know for Harmonix it sells more if it's well known, and I can't fault them for that. I can however fault people on here that are met with a song they haven't heard of and instead of actually just click on the link provided in every one of these threads just dismisses it. That's just ignorance as far as I'm concerned.

I do agree about trashing stuff just because you don't know it. Not in every situation though, since I've gotten to the point that anything labeled emo or indie will for the most part be awful to me lol Anyone is allowed to try and prove my opinion wrong, but that would be a hard turn

Probably shocks some that I do check out tunes if I don't know it, I even did it this week...but...it really didn't change much in the end lol
Icemage  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:
I'm not saying mine are. I'm just stating my opinion. And in the end that's all we are doing since that is the point of the forums. The forums aren't here just so we can give only praise every week.

I'm sorry, are we talking about the same ScoreHero forum that sees this announcement thread every week with the never-ending complaints no matter what gets released, week in and week out? I don't really think anyone is under the impression that the forums are here just for praise, and if there actually was anyone so delusional, reading the weekly announcement threads would quickly disabuse them of any such notion in short order.

Quote:
All I want to see is a little more variety in choices each week so that I'm not left to barely touching RB each month. Too often there are weeks dedicated to a specific style, sure it makes sense, but if you can release a half dozen or more songs, why not throw out 3 Green Day songs and then for those that can't stand what Green Day has become (Or what they put with it), can have something else to tied them over. That to me makes more sense than having an entire week dedicated to pop tunes.

This particular week, sure. But last week? Simon and Garfunkel vs. Slipknot isn't divergent tastes?
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icemage wrote:
This particular week, sure. But last week? Simon and Garfunkel vs. Slipknot isn't divergent tastes?

Didn't say it wasn't. Not that I like Slipknot, but it's good to see that it was mixed up. At least they tried somewhat to put some metal in after not having metal around for a few months.
TMT  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

30 Seconds to Mars's new record is actually really solid.

Anyway. I listen to a wide variety of music. AAR is easily one of the worst bands I have come across in recent memory. But to those who enjoy it, kudos.
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TMT wrote:
Anyway. I listen to a wide variety of music. AAR is easily one of the worst bands I have come across in recent memory. But to those who enjoy it, kudos.

No no no...Your doing it wrong. Your not supposed to allow people to enjoy music you don't like. Haven't you been paying attention to the conversations? You have to rage!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: