FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
8/25 DLC - Billy Idol, Fleetwood Mac, Jet, and Tom Petty!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BassieJ  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't stop thinking about tomorrow. Great DLC.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As suspected, none of these songs really do much for a full band, even if they do sound great. Well, I haven't seen the Jet song charts yet, but the oh-oh-oh part in the chorus annoys me to the point where I could never enjoy an otherwise cool song. It's beyond frustrating that they have to ruin a perfectly good song with that poppy bullshit.

I dislike that in Rebel Yell, just like in Neversoft's chart, that different four-chord riff was charted over the chorus on guitar rather than the 'main' riff that gets charted over the chorus previously in the song (and is infinitely more fun).
Limjiff  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tom Petty songs are insta-buy. They should be really fun to sing.
fUNC  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the crowd sing-alongs in each Billy Idol song. Those turned the songs from maybes into must-haves. Runnin' Down a Dream (even if the solo is partially cut off) is an instant deuce deduction as well.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
Systematic1  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Petty = AWESOME
Billy Idol = buy

Good week overall. I've been hoping for some Tom Petty for a while.
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:
Let the chart comparisons commence!

Well...for only 2 songs. And for guitar, as that's all anyone really cares about.

Rebel Yell (Guitar Hero World Tour)
Runnin' Down A Dream (Guitar Hero 5

I have to say, when it comes to these songs...I actually prefer Neversoft's Charting. Partially (Well, mainly) because I hate the way that HO/PO chords end up ruining charts (Look at Even Flow, I love the chart apart from the string bends which are the broken HO/PO chords), unnecessary chords 'n that. That was aimed specifically at Rebel Yell's Solo, which is why I prefer GHWT's version. Also, Laser Trills FTW.

As for Runnin' Down A Dream...Well, the solo's longer, for a start. And it looks like it just runs better. Once again, the rest of the song is pretty much the same, but the solo looks more fun to play on GH5.

In other news, dead week for bass, Boo

none of the hopo chords are "broken" assuming you know how to play them.

Yes, they do make Rebel Yell's solo a total CF on sightread, but none of them are that hard to hit if you try.

Guitar this week is decent. SRFC everything but Rebel Yell (as mentioned, CF solo), Runnin' Down a Dream (duh), and World Turning (stupid mistakes. there's nothing that hard in the song).

Drums are pretty mediocre. World turning gets interesting with the hihat/ride trade off, but reminds me of No Rain from last week, with nearly 4 stars worth of points before you ever use anything but the hi-hat. Don't Stop plays out kinda like truckin, but based on the snare and hihat is a totally unique LOOKING chart. Nothing interesting to speak of in either Billy Idol or Tom Petty for drummers.

She's a Genius is odd musically in that it's the only song in a rhythm game I know of (besides beautiful mourning in GH:M) that has a disco beat played on the ride instead of the hihat. However, it's charted the same as any other disco beat, so playability-wise it's nothing special.

Musically, a very good week. World Turning was sort of o_0 for me. I had never heard the song, and the entire thing sounds like an extended intro for another song. I expected it to go somewhere, and it did about halfway through the outro solo. but yeah. Weird song.
MrOmyA  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent week. I reccomend everything minus Mony Mony.
thespike  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely hate the Fleetwood Mac songs on drums. Other than that everything else was ok, the Jet song was the best this week.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ignthespike1
BigZ7337  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best song this week, especially on drums is Jet's "She's A Genius." It's a great kick ass song with really fun drums. The rest is good to listen to, but mostly only OK on drums.

Also, this week marks the 666th rock band DLC track

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOmyA wrote:
Excellent week. I reccomend everything minus Mony Mony.

I recommend Mony Mony, and that's it. So combined, we think everything's great.

(note: I don't actually have the tracks yet, but I'll buy Mony Mony just for the awesome factor, even if the charts are kinda lame)

edit: and I feel obliged to point out that this was my 1337th post, although I only noticed this after posting again somewhere else, so that's not my postcount anymore
Ky13  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I definitely wasn't planning on buying any of these songs but World Turning looks fun as hell on guitar.
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigZ7337 wrote:
The best song this week, especially on drums is Jet's "She's A Genius." It's a great kick ass song with really fun drums. The rest is good to listen to, but mostly only OK on drums.

Also, this week marks the 666th rock band DLC track

That's two chances they squandered to do something cool with the 666th track, both total and dlc.
Stormrider2112  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Runnin' Down a Dream is a top 5 guitar song, even if the GH5 chart looks better (though neither has the verse leads charted). I Won't Back Down is ok, but one of my few SRFCs.

They killed Rebel Yell versus Neversoft's chart! (the intro is missing the eighth note pedals [as charted in GHWT], and the solo just isn't as much fun...laser trills > chord).

Nothing else really struck me this week...only bought Rebel Yell since it's not a launch export on GH5, and having a Guitar Hero night this weekend, so needed the Petty now!

And in before "ZOMG HARMONIX YOU CHARTED SYNTH IN A GUITAR TRACK!!! BWAAAA!" ...oh wait, that only applies to Neversoft...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:

none of the hopo chords are "broken" assuming you know how to play them.

They aren't "broken" just unintuitive.
vedicardi  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stormrider2112 wrote:
Runnin' Down a Dream is a top 5 guitar song, even if the GH5 chart looks better (though neither has the verse leads charted). I Won't Back Down is ok, but one of my few SRFCs.

They killed Rebel Yell versus Neversoft's chart! (the intro is missing the eighth note pedals [as charted in GHWT], and the solo just isn't as much fun...laser trills > chord).

Nothing else really struck me this week...only bought Rebel Yell since it's not a launch export on GH5, and having a Guitar Hero night this weekend, so needed the Petty now!

And in before "ZOMG HARMONIX YOU CHARTED SYNTH IN A GUITAR TRACK!!! BWAAAA!" ...oh wait, that only applies to Neversoft...

Charting a pedal isn't fun.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ze King of Sage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: