FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
3/31 DLC - Journey, Pat Benatar, SpongeBob, more + Wii
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
b08smith  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think I'll pass on the spongebob, just not sure I'll play them more than once.

I'm so happy Glassvegas made it into RB, may not have the most interesting charts but such a great band - hopefully this will introduce a few more people to their music.

Good mix of songs all round

IxMurphxI  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spongebob songs are short and easy

754k TTFaF 94%
XBL gt - Ix Murph xI
My YouTube
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Ix Murph xI
BigZ7337  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Harmonix fucked up the Don't Stop Believing drum chart bad, and the strange thing is they did it on purpose. I played this song over and over always randomly missing notes on a song that should have been an easy fc. (I even had a hissy fit, breaking my drumstick )

Though I had noticed it before, I didn't think about how the RB avatar was playing the whole time on the hi-hat with his left hand. The chart however, wanted you to play the whole thing on the green cymbal with your right hand while doing a bunch of random hits with your left hand. So after giving up, I decided to play it how it's supposed to be played by turning on lefty-flip. First time through I had an easy fc with no problems, WTF!?

A new trend seems to be to make thread complaining about what harmonix screws up every week, but I feel like it's useless and spammy. You know what, someone with initiative should make a Complaint Sticky for all our complaints that pop up every week about faulty dlc.

/rant

The best song of the week on drums is suprisingly the Sponge Bob song Where's Gary. It's fast with multiple rhythm and some fun fast bass patterns with an actually catchy sound. The second best is Heart Breaker, it's really fun with some fast rolls and maybe a little to many bass triplets. C'mon C'mon is probably my favorite to listen to and the hardest, but the chart is a little annoying. I Can't Keep My Eyes Off of You actually has some wicked drum fills, while The Best Day Ever & Geraldine are easy fc's.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SpongeBob songs, pretty cool. I haven't played them but musically it's actually pretty nice. It's a feel of the simpler times of the 50's and 60's. It's about the closest we are getting to the Beach Boys for now. That's probably their intentions too.
Wes-BasSMaNiac07  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang, so far Harmonix has shown us that they can compete with GH:Metallica.

Texas Flood Album, Ten, and now these amazing tracks. And every single song that came out this week, whether it be for the Wii or 360/PS3, was amazing.

On that note, I'm surprised by the maturity of some ScoreHero users. Last Friday when I saw a DLC announcement and we all found out that a Spongebob pack was coming; almost nobody complained about it.

Also, when you think about it, alot of Nick and Disney Channel songs would be great RockBand additions.
DarkFoxMrd wrote:
...I for one will continue to play both Guitar Hero and Rock Band and consider myself lucky for being able to drop the drama and bull crap and just enjoy things.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BaSsMaNiac07
HungrySanta  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn you, Harmonix! Depriving the wii of journey... how cruel! >_>

Journey > Pearl Jam
fludstud09  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't see one in any of the posts, Where's Gary? Guitar FC - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2rzESUijdQ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, whenever I find a job I guess I'm gonna have to save up for an HD capture card, doing 640x480 seems to actually be behind the times now.

Regardless, Spongebob was surprisingly good.

Localization Manager- MediaLocate
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Npeaen PSN Name: Npeaen
LazyKenny  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wes-BasSMaNiac07 wrote:
On that note, I'm surprised by the maturity of some ScoreHero users. Last Friday when I saw a DLC announcement and we all found out that a Spongebob pack was coming; almost nobody complained about it.

I'm pretty sure the reason nobody complained was because of the timing of the release. We all knew that this was the April Fools DLC. Now if it was released in like October or something, I'm sure the reaction would have been much different.
Catalanowned  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who would possibly complain about SpongeBob? It's only the greatest cartoon ever.
BrokenIcarus  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spongebob drum charts anyone? <.>
Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigZ7337 wrote:
Wow, Harmonix fucked up the Don't Stop Believing drum chart bad, and the strange thing is they did it on purpose. I played this song over and over always randomly missing notes on a song that should have been an easy fc. (I even had a hissy fit, breaking my drumstick )

Though I had noticed it before, I didn't think about how the RB avatar was playing the whole time on the hi-hat with his left hand. The chart however, wanted you to play the whole thing on the green cymbal with your right hand while doing a bunch of random hits with your left hand. So after giving up, I decided to play it how it's supposed to be played by turning on lefty-flip. First time through I had an easy fc with no problems, WTF!?

Isn't this how they've always charted songs like this? I can't think of a single song with constant high hat where the high hat is charted on the left hand. If there's constant high hat with toms thrown in like there is in Don't Stop Believing, they always put the high hat on green so that your right hand is going constantly while your left hand move around. I find it hard to keep my left hand going at a constant rhythm, so it works for me.

Quote:

A new trend seems to be to make thread complaining about what harmonix screws up every week, but I feel like it's useless and spammy. You know what, someone with initiative should make a Complaint Sticky for all our complaints that pop up every week about faulty dlc.

I don't think complaining about songs is new in any way. It's always been going on, and if you find it useless, I'm not sure why you're contributing to it.

Wes-BasSMaNiac07 wrote:

Also, when you think about it, alot of Nick and Disney Channel songs would be great RockBand additions.

I'm also surprised by the lack of anti-spongebob ranting (there seems to be much more confusion than anger), although I can see these getting more acceptance than the other Nick songs. Spongebob has more of a fan base and is also just a lot sillier. The songs are deliberately ridiculous and adults can at least enjoy the humor of the concept of playing Spongebob in Rock Band. NBB is less exciting because fewer people have heard of them, even fewer people care about them, and they're not really amusing or funny. They're just a band of kids who happen to be promoted by Nickelodeon.
SketchyGalore  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rofl rockband.com lists the Spongebob songs under the genre of "Other"

seriously, the charts look frikkin amazing
Best Yahoo! Answer Ever: You're 13, you're not supposed to be drinking you stupid, drunk, idiotic, whiskey-swigging, buzzing, naive, booze-crazed, asinine, senseless, hare-brained, insane, crazy, senseless, imbecilic, freaky, irrational, preposterous, illogical, incongruous, brainless, thick-headed, wannabe-21 moron.
Suitata  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna buy the spongebob tracks just to play them with my nephew.

When I get some more cash ima probably buy most of these songs.
xtremecarbon  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWitjeS wrote:
jellyalv wrote:
NOOOOOOOO GH SONG IN RB2

BTW, SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS?!? There`s nothing left to download...what`s next? Fairly Oddparents? Rugrats? Drake Bell?

I would totally buy My Shiny Teeth and Me

Spongebob has a LOL factor of like 24 and the Drake and Josh Theme song isn't quite far fetched along with their other songs.

Good DLC AND LOL DLC, good week

My Accomplishments
Hey, I FINALLY have Rock Band 3! And with Cymbals for Pro Mode! Add XBL if you want to play. The best way to contact me is through Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xtremecarbonSH PSN Name: xtremecarbon Wii Friend Code: 1874701833916044
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: