FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
4/7 DLC - Toby Keith, The Shins, Black Tide & BFMV + 10 Wii!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ReSpAwNkIlLeR  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rockband misses one base drum every time. i hate that Normally there are twice as many base drum notes ....
The BFMV drummer ist better as you think hellashes -.-

HERE, faster than in rockband
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfy_3KX9QB4
nourali2  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waking The Demon was awesome on drums! HellAshes, you thought the song that kept throwing you beats similar to the end of Panic Attack was boring. I respectfully disagree.

Warriors of Time was awesome on drums, but I have more of an affinity for Waking the Demon because an FC of that is within reach for me. ^_^ Ahh... really, I found Waking The Demon to be REALLY intense. The song sounds great, and I love the verses, undercharted they may be because the drummer is using two bass pedals. But the part I mentioned before is what stands out most about this song. The really fast sections that alternate between pad hits and bass kicks are extremely satisfying. Love that stuff. That beat comes what, three, four times throughout the song?

Warriors of Time and Waking The Demon are both must-buys on drums, but for me Waking The Demon is the real winner of the week.

Pretty neat how Harmonix manages to do it week after week. No matter how unattractive their DLC announcements might seem at first, there is almost always a gem hidden every week. The week with European DLC? Yeah, we got Are You Dead Yet. The alt-country week? We got Jimmy Eat World. Toby Keith week? Waking The Demon snuck in for good measure.

Last edited by nourali2 on Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: LordOdadjian
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man i wanna know why that one part on drums is undercharted i really wanted to go all out on that one (during the fast strumming on guitar)

My Youtube Channel CHECK OUT MY GUITAR COVERS!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
Catalanowned  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b.vicious wrote:
man i wanna know why that one part on drums is undercharted i really wanted to go all out on that one (during the fast strumming on guitar)

Harmonix charts for one pedal... more on this breaking development at 11.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catalanowned wrote:
b.vicious wrote:

If you can't wait until then, look at every other song with IRL double bass.

Try playing the 14nps double bass in This Calling and see how that does for you.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jellyalv wrote:
Who's Toby Keith? This week download isn't very good

I heard Chinese Democracy will be in Rock Band...hope next week, thought the album sucks

Whoa, whoa, whoa. No need to be so positive. Having such an optimistic outlook on everything is dangerous!
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
Catalanowned wrote:
b.vicious wrote:

Try playing the 14nps double bass in This Calling and see how that does for you.

that is what i was hoping for, because i really enjoy playing those parts in songs like this calling and battery, but whatever im sure it is still a very fun song on drums

im more of a guitar guy anyway

My Youtube Channel CHECK OUT MY GUITAR COVERS!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
Catalanowned  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b.vicious wrote:
inv4der wrote:
Catalanowned wrote:
b.vicious wrote:

that is what i was hoping for, because i really enjoy playing those parts in songs like this calling and battery, but whatever im sure it is still a very fun song on drums

im more of a guitar guy anyway

The parts you're talking about in This Calling and Battery are undercharted as well, the tempo is just way faster. =p
Yewb  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamie-the-payne wrote:
xXxCthi3L93xXx wrote:
OKAY harmonix come on? Toby keith pack? If you can put a country pack on there (Toby Keith to be exact!), im pretty sure for next weeks DLC there should be some intense screamo/death metal.

WE WANT SCREAMO! (all of us do)

There, edited for the better

Thanks for speaking for everyone on ScoreHero and for assuming we all share your taste in music. I would buy some screamo, but I don't assume that everybody else does, and neither should you.

On topic: I sightread 4*'d Waking the Demon guitar and vox and Warriors of Time vocals... all with 92% >_> Warriors of Time guitar I 5*'d... right before I failed it XD Both of those songs should be instabuys for guitarists and drummers, but vocals I wasn't really into them. They just don't seem to flow well for me.
I just want to, you know, get my name out there. BTW, it updates every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Was just the first two, decided to do Saturdays as well.
Serious advice now: No-one likes indecision in their work, so find what you like that you're even remotely good at, and stick with it. Don't flit from one thing to another, because that just smacks of a large lack of determination and drive. And people don't like you for that, and won't remember you for it. I mean, I get that you have a plucky spirit and a willingness to try new things, but there's a limit, man.
I might knock it down to just Thursday and Friday.
JOE2210 wrote:
Leave me alone, I have been drinking and your made up words mean nothing to me.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yewb
Twang  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXxCthi3L93xXx wrote:
WE WANT SCREAMO! (some of us do)

Please note: screamo is not just another name for music with screaming in it. Real screamo is, in general, awful. I could go for some Circle Takes the Square, though.

I might get Warriors of Time and Waking the Demon, simply because I'm sure they'll be fun, even though I don't like either band.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: teamkillin629
PhatTrumpet  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaara72 wrote:
Anyone know the NPS for the triplets in solo3 of WoT?

The triplets in solo 1 are ~12nps.
The descending scales and strumming in solo 3 are ~15nps.
The triplets in solo 3 are ~16.8nps.
Bass:      9,226,503 [58 GS, 57 FC]  13,319,824 [83 GS, 83 FC]  22,546,327 [141GS, 140FC]
Drums:    11,105,579 [57 GS, 37 FC]  15,512,780 [76 GS, 36 FC]  26,618,359 [133GS, 73 FC]
Vocals:   11,525,519 [58 GS, 58 FC]  17,302,340 [84 GS, 84 FC]  28,827,859 [142GS, 142FC]
All-Inst: 42,269,027 [231GS, 206FC]  61,262,972 [326GS, 271FC] 103,531,999 [557GS, 477FC]
Rock Band Accomplishments Thread | Guitar Hero Accomplishments Thread
stardf29  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all the people that wanted screamo: I take it "Waking the Demon" isn't "screamo"? I mean, it's got screaming in it...

(I'm just asking... for me, "screamo" isn't in my dictionary. I call it "screaming-death-metal", personally.)
BigZ7337  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy Mullet!

That pretty much describes the Toby Keith songs, especially on drums. Though to be truthful, I didn't dislike the songs as much as I expected to, and How do You like Me Now actually has some cool bluesy guitar. Also, he must have gotten a different drummer between the two albums, Who's Your Daddy and Beer for My Horses both end with very annoying rolls that weren't present in the other songs. The rest of the songs in the pack were easy FC's

The other 3 songs are really good. I love to listen to the song New Slang, but truthfully the drum chart is incredibly boring. Warriors of Time, however, is amazing. It's one of those charts that while being difficult, it doesn't sacrifice the fun factor like some of the songs (Megadeth). Waking the Demon is also cool, but the vocalist is a little annoying, and the chart with fast RY-O-RY-O keeps screwing me up. Mostly because of my ion pedal, it's really tough to keep my rhythm & combo. The rest of the song is pretty easy but fun.

Overall, this dlc averages out to a mediocre week. I guess we can expect 4 more country songs in the near future to fill out the Track Pack, hopefully that will be the end of the genre in RB.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stardf29 wrote:
For all the people that wanted screamo: I take it "Waking the Demon" isn't "screamo"?

Right.

Quote:
I mean, it's got screaming in it...

http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=364164#364164

Quote:
(I'm just asking... for me, "screamo" isn't in my dictionary. I call it "screaming-death-metal", personally.)

It's not death metal either, but whatever floats your boat.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: teamkillin629
BadgerBomber  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very happy with the purchases I made today.

Warriors of Time - Only played this on drums and guitar and absolutely loved it.

Waking the Demon - Again played on drums and guitar and loved it!

So all in all good puchases!

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: BadgerBomber
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: