FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New RB3 Customs Database

View previous topic :: View next topic  
inimitable  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: New RB3 Customs Database Reply with quote

The administrator of Reddit's r/Rockband has set up a new RB wiki on Wikia for the purposes of a game knowledge hub. It's also a great new place to host a new custom songs database!

madcowga set up the initial list, and I've made some edits and moved the new database to right here.

The site, due to obvious legal reasons, is advocating the use of RB3Maker for distribution of customs for songs under copyright, as it allows one to create a rb3maker package that includes the .mid and game data. For those unfamiliar with RB3Maker, upon creation of the distributed rb3maker file (a .zip file) it will also create a record of the original audio's waveform. It will use this file to attempt to match any other user's audio to the original audio (eliminating the need for offsets or otherwise manually adjusting audio). It's actually quite accurate!

The database is still very much in its infancy, so any suggestions for improvements are very welcome (and since all you need is a Wikia account, you can make changes yourself as well). Currently I moved the database itself to be housed at wiki/Custom_Songs/Database, as I think it would make sense to use pages like Custom_Songs/Artists, Custom_Songs/Songs or Custom_Songs/Charters to help organize additional pages. They're not entirely necessary, since the database can be sorted by artist, song, and charter already, but it's available for additional information as needed.

So, uh, let's make this a thing. We need it. (Does anyone know how to implement a rating system for songs in a wiki?)

Newest custom chart: Avantasia - The Tower (RB3 Full Band)
espher  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers.

I'm hoping we can reach a point where we can provide RB3Maker files for some (if not all) of our releases, though in some cases I don't know if that'll be possible.

Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project || http://tiny.cc/RBHarmonies
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
inimitable  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's preventing the rb3maker releases for CCC?

EvinC  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just me or is nearly every link broken? One site that some of the files are hosted on (keepitfishy.com) doesn't even exist anymore...
http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34918
farottone  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inimitable wrote:

Multitracks, audio editing for proper ending with no fade outs are the main offenders. But the broader point is: nobody will download a CON to get some music for free. This forum's policy though says no copyrighted audio, so we respect that. I wonder though if the moderators would reconsider their position if the audio in the CON file were to be encrypted (as Harmonix used to do).
inimitable  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvinC wrote:
Just me or is nearly every link broken? One site that some of the files are hosted on (keepitfishy.com) doesn't even exist anymore...
I can't speak for the links, as with everything else public on the internet you need to watch out for outdated links and bogus content.

espher  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inimitable wrote:

Pretty much what farottone mentioned.

a) Multitrack/karaoke releases could be ported but may not line up well to a studio release.
b) Some of the tracks have been edited to try and remove/otherwise replace fadeouts.
c) In a couple of cases in the pipeline, including some tracker files I'm thinking of doing as charts, the source audio is not available elsewhere (or not easily available elsewhere).

For some of the tracks, they're a possibility; for others, they're not.

EvinC wrote:
One site that some of the files are hosted on (keepitfishy.com) doesn't even exist anymore...

Can say this is not the case.

Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project || http://tiny.cc/RBHarmonies
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: