FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band DLC ends in April, 360 RBN to continue
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DVDSmith  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Gentlemen, it's been an honour playing with you tonight."

ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheLonging wrote:
The End by The Doors is gonna be the final DLC.

Calling it.

Nah, it'll definitely be "Get Over It" by OK Go. Harmonix know how to treat their fans well.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's only 2 weeks of Blitz remaining (not including today). This is the schedule:
19th Feb - Blitz
26th Feb - New DLC
5th March - Blitz
12th March - New DLC
19th March - Blitz
26th March - New DLC
2nd April - THE FINAL SONG
Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
FyreWulff  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's too bad that they already used Free Bird for the RB3 disc
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't say I'm surprised. When the Blitz weeks started coming in I sort of predicted this would happen. They've been especially tight lipped on the forums as well when asked about the future of DLC so we should have seen this coming.

What I'm curious is what HMX is working on. I know Dance Central, and maybe stuff for mobile, but I wonder what else they could be putting together and if it would appeal to the Rock Band crowd at all?

Also, I wonder if there are any bigger name artists who will turn to RBN to get their songs in the game, or if they'll avoid it seeing as it's only a matter of time until that gets shut down as well. Charting companies could see an increase in business maybe?

It's crazy to imagine having a final total number of official DLC songs. Some people should get together and try to do a marathon once it's all said and done, though at this point it would probably take longer than a week to play every song!

It will be so weird to have nothing to check on Friday mornings... that's become a staple of Fridays for so many of us I think

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
ManfredvonKarma  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
last week will be a single song only

Another One Bites the Dust (RB3 Version) >_>

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:
TheLonging wrote:
The End by The Doors is gonna be the final DLC.

Calling it.

Nah, it'll definitely be "Get Over It" by OK Go. Harmonix know how to treat their fans well.

You have no idea how much I would love it if this were the final song. It's probably my favorite OK Go song.

Having said this, a final 3 pack of consisting of:

The End - The Doors
American Pie - Don McLean
Closing Time - Semisonic

Would not go unappreciated. EDIT: I missed the most where they said the last DLC week would only be one song. In that case, I honestly guess either The End or American Pie. Closing Time is fitting, but not quite epic enough.

Either that or it'll be Muse because I wouldn't put it past HMX to troll the community that hard.

Too bad "I Love Rock N Roll" is already in the game, because that would be an awesomely cyclical choice (first song from the first GH game).

Last edited by machetemonkey on Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total
expertwin  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't You Forget About Me by Simple Minds?
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cleared out a BIG chunk of my back log of "I want this song, but don't have the money." Pay day + favorable tax return = one big show of support. 75 songs today was the most I've ever taken out at one time, probably never will again, but this announcement left me stuck to think of what I could do to help them and feel better about myself.

Now I just need to find some new Rock Band guitars. Mine are dying faster than I thought, and the drums and singing only tide me over for so long.....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
Deschain  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda thought the death knell would be further down the line, but then again I'm not here nearly as frequently as I used to be.

But now...now the completionists can really have their day. I'm kind of expecting a bit of a resurgence , if only because the 'end' is here.

youhas wrote:
And some craaaazy percentage of my network of real-world friends are folks I've met through rhythm gaming in one form or another, to say nothing of the myriad "internet friends" I've met through sites like these.

I remember housing you, in like, '07? So much fun.

GuitarHailz wrote:
It's crazy to imagine having a final total number of official DLC songs. Some people should get together and try to do a marathon once it's all said and done, though at this point it would probably take longer than a week to play every song!

There'd have to be a hard-drive swap out or something too, right? Think I remember something about a hard 3000 song limit...if I'm ever rich, though, totally doing it.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
Npeaen  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the content may be going away, but I'm certainly not hanging up my plastic guitar yet.

Still got thousands of songs to master.

I just hope they keep the leaderboards operational until whatever this version of Xbox Live dies(much like how Xbox 1 live no longer works).

Anyhow, I would personally like them to toss in with one of the Blitz weeks sorted out rights to the missing older songs. Journey, Sabbath, Metallica...

I'm guessing the final song will be free, keyboard only: The Lonely man theme.

Localization Manager- MediaLocate
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Npeaen PSN Name: Npeaen
LasagnaViking  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dammit. I just got serious with Rock Band about 2 months ago. Fuck. Well, I guess I'll still have a bunch of DLC to go through. But seriously. Fuck
Brandon007  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know if HMX wanted to go to just releasing new dlc monthly, I would be perfectly happy with that but alas...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: johnlennon007 PSN Name: mrjohnlennon007
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel bad for PS3 players, cause at least us 360 users have RBN, which I'll poke my head into every so often. Don't regularly see stuff I want there, but its nice to have, especially with official DLC being done. Strangely coincidental, but I've been playing RB3 the past two days out of nowhere, haven't felt like playing it much at all lately, but then just started to feel like getting back into it. Been playing some stuff I don't have starred in the game, now I'll probably start doing more of the challenges I never finished.

I should grab myself another guitar also. I only have my GHWOR guitar now.

Last edited by MSH-Hitman on Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 4 of 13

Jump to: