FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New patch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TehBanStick  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAxxOUTBR3AKxx wrote:
Yeah, try it again.

Lemme know how this works for you, it seems to load for me (Should be all resigned and whatnot): http://www.mediafire.com/?ob29cmb83xh0dzx

If all is well and y'all are interested I can make a small tool to replace the 14 bytes that seem to let it load, that or I can just paste them in a post for manual fixing.
Edit: It loads, but freezes when you try to go to thesetlist (or so it does to me)
Likely to do with the patch, meaning there might not be any going back. :/

Edit2: Yep my own save does this too. Bummer.

Last edited by TehBanStick on Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Flexomatic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:42 am    Post subject: Re: Pro guitar Reply with quote

TAxxOUTBR3AKxx wrote:
Bradius9000 wrote:
Is there any way to buy pro guitar upgrades without downloading the new patch?

Can you do it from the Rock Band Store app on the Dashboard?

should be able to

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: Pro guitar Reply with quote

Flexomatic wrote:
TAxxOUTBR3AKxx wrote:
Bradius9000 wrote:
Is there any way to buy pro guitar upgrades without downloading the new patch?

Can you do it from the Rock Band Store app on the Dashboard?

should be able to

I'll give it a shot on the TU4 patch.

Edit:
As of now (while still on TU4 patch), the "Rock Band Store app" still allows the purchase of dlc songs and its pro guitar/bass upgrades without having to download TU5.

Last edited by Bradius9000 on Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
TAxxOUTBR3AKxx  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TehBanStick wrote:
TAxxOUTBR3AKxx wrote:
Yeah, try it again.

Lemme know how this works for you, it seems to load for me (Should be all resigned and whatnot): http://www.mediafire.com/?ob29cmb83xh0dzx

If all is well and y'all are interested I can make a small tool to replace the 14 bytes that seem to let it load, that or I can just paste them in a post for manual fixing.
Edit: It loads, but freezes when you try to go to thesetlist (or so it does to me)
Likely to do with the patch, meaning there might not be any going back. :/

Edit2: Yep my own save does this too. Bummer.

What do you mean by using this? My save file works on TU5 just fine, but for customs to work I just have to go back to TU4 and that's when it doesn't work. Does it seem to work on TU4? I wonder if there's a way to get it to load and save before going to the setlist if it's freezing....I'll give it a try in a minute.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Co2 Outbr3ak
TehBanStick  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAxxOUTBR3AKxx wrote:
What do you mean by using this? My save file works on TU5 just fine, but for customs to work I just have to go back to TU4 and that's when it doesn't work. Does it seem to work on TU4? I wonder if there's a way to get it to load and save before going to the setlist if it's freezing....I'll give it a try in a minute.

I meant try loading it in TU4, but as I learned, that might not be enough.
It looks as though something new gets written to the save in TU5 and TU4 doesn't know how to handle it, thus it crashes.
TAxxOUTBR3AKxx  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TehBanStick wrote:
TAxxOUTBR3AKxx wrote:

I meant try loading it in TU4, but as I learned, that might not be enough.
It looks as though something new gets written to the save in TU5 and TU4 doesn't know how to handle it, thus it crashes.

It doesn't work at all on TU4. RB3 still tells me the save file is from a newer version of the game. I just want to load it and go into the character creator, edit a character and save it and hopefully it would save over the old file into a save that would work with TU4.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Co2 Outbr3ak
Bradius9000  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:43 am    Post subject: Audition Reply with quote

I'm stumped again,
how can I access audition mode in rock band without downloading the patch on my main gamertag?
TehBanStick  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAxxOUTBR3AKxx wrote:
It doesn't work at all on TU4. RB3 still tells me the save file is from a newer version of the game. I just want to load it and go into the character creator, edit a character and save it and hopefully it would save over the old file into a save that would work with TU4.

Alright I know what the issue is.
The version identifier is within the actual container, not the save.dat.
It worked for me because I was injecting the save.dat into a TU1 save container.
Here is the save I've been using, but resigned to the IDs of the save you sent me: http://www.mediafire.com/?r7br0oq6rg617ru

You should get a load while using TU4 but doing anything involving the setlist will cause a crash.
LyokoFreaks  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't think about the audition mode thing. I think what I'll do is backup my save file and download the TU and when I want to go back to playing, I'll delete the TU and restore my old save file. Does this sound like it would work?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LyokoFreaks
Bradius9000  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LyokoFreaks wrote:
I didn't think about the audition mode thing. I think what I'll do is backup my save file and download the TU and when I want to go back to playing, I'll delete the TU and restore my old save file. Does this sound like it would work?

(grumble grumble stupid patch)
. I know when my xna license expires,
I'll be buying a license for a different gamertag on a different hardrive.
Awesome songs to playtest and then a patch...
/rant

Ya I like your plan, I'm just to much of a chicken butt to try it. I don't want to loose awesome customs (made by charting masters/perfectionists) that Rock Band may never (or not for awhile) license or want to deal with.

I guess some good news is we can still purchase new songs and pro guitar upgrades without updating.

*(My idea was to convert the .rbs files to .con? Or rbs > rba > con?)*

****Can I sign in on a friend's xbox and enter audition? or is my xna license tied to MY xbox? Because using my gamertag on friend's xbox with
TU5 update to audition then going back to play on my xbox with TU4 update to play customs would cause no problems (in theory).
Technicolor  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bradius9000 wrote:

****Can I sign in on a friend's xbox and enter audition? or is my xna license tied to MY xbox? Because using my gamertag on friend's xbox with TU5 update to audition then going back to play on my xbox with TU4 update to play customs would cause no problems (in theory).

I do this all the time. XNA is tied to your gamertag, not your box. Just put your gamertag profile on a stick - works fine. Don't put your RB save game on there though. Once converted, it doesn't sound like we've figured out how to go back.

Bradius9000 wrote:
I don't want to loose awesome customs (made by charting masters/perfectionists) that Rock Band may never (or not for awhile) license or want to deal with.
*(My idea was to convert the .rbs files to .con? Or rbs > rba > con?)*

EDIT: Attempting rbs to con conversion is against the rules. Customs that we make with the intent to share are very different from RBN songs meant to be sold.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TehBanStick wrote:
TAxxOUTBR3AKxx wrote:

Alright I know what the issue is.
The version identifier is within the actual container, not the save.dat.
It worked for me because I was injecting the save.dat into a TU1 save container.
Here is the save I've been using, but resigned to the IDs of the save you sent me: http://www.mediafire.com/?r7br0oq6rg617ru

You should get a load while using TU4 but doing anything involving the setlist will cause a crash.

Still getting a "Save data is from a newer version" error.....wtf

Edit: And Bradius: You can always be in the spot I'm at, if you're willing to lose all your progress/data/band.

Edit2: Well well...It looks like even people who have legit songs are also having disc unreadable errors in RB3. It's mostly PAL people (Europe)who have the EU Free DLC from the RB1 Export, but a couple are reporting the same things with the Ramones and Fallout Boy Track Packs.
I'm just going to assume that HMX somehow have a block on songs being .con files unless they are explicitly in an export. Can anyone confirm something like this?
TehBanStick  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAxxOUTBR3AKxx wrote:

Then you aren't running any title updates.

From the looks of it the base save was TU2, as I can run that and still load, but trying no/TU1 gives the error.

Try putting the update in "/cache" AND "0x16/45410914/000B0000"
If you have tried and failed those, try another source to download from.

You can't exactly tell it is TU2, but Here is your save loaded under TU2:

TAxxOUTBR3AKxx  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TehBanStick wrote:
TAxxOUTBR3AKxx wrote:

Then you aren't running any title updates.

From the looks of it the base save was TU2, as I can run that and still load, but trying no/TU1 gives the error.

Try putting the update in "/cache" AND "0x16/45410914/000B0000"
If you have tried and failed those, try another source to download from.

You can't exactly tell it is TU2, but Here is your save loaded under TU2:

How? I've had all updates up until this point so I should be on TU4 already....I had TU5 come out and just deleted it from the Dashboard. Does this also delete the other TUs? And if so, do I need to update to TU4? AND if so, do I need to do TU1-TU4 in order? Sorry for the number of questions....
TehBanStick  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAxxOUTBR3AKxx wrote:
How? I've had all updates up until this point so I should be on TU4 already....I had TU5 come out and just deleted it from the Dashboard. Does this also delete the other TUs? And if so, do I need to update to TU4? AND if so, do I need to do TU1-TU4 in order? Sorry for the number of questions....

Each new update removes the last and comes with everything from past updates.
I personally use JQE for my update needs, just search Rock Band and TU4 should show up. place in both directories I listed before, and you should be golden.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: