FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Du Hast

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Icemage  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject: Du Hast Reply with quote

Has anyone else played Du Hast on RB3 expert vocals yet? This is a song I FC at will on the GH5 engine, which "in theory" is pickier than RB3, but...

From what I can tell the chart is hyper-accurate. Detrimentally so. Almost every "Willst du bis der tod er scheidet" in every chorus is charted differently.

I finally FC'd the song after a lazy 2-3 hours in practice mode last night. Probably could have done it in less if I hadn't taken short breaks here and there to cool off from the frustration level of constantly breaking combo on what in theory should be a relatively simple song.

Probably doesn't help that my setup is optimized for keyboard calibration and not vocals at the moment, but still - it's Du Hast, not Bohemian Rhapsody. Anyhow, that's my experience with Du Hast in RB3.

Anyone else have trouble with it?
Yewb  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I'm really glad this isn't just me. I always miss at least one of those phrases, and it's always a different one... I was sure I just sucked at the song, but if other people are having problems too then it can't just be that. I'll sit down tomorrow and try to FC it on video, then analyse the chart.
I just want to, you know, get my name out there. BTW, it updates every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Was just the first two, decided to do Saturdays as well.
Serious advice now: No-one likes indecision in their work, so find what you like that you're even remotely good at, and stick with it. Don't flit from one thing to another, because that just smacks of a large lack of determination and drive. And people don't like you for that, and won't remember you for it. I mean, I get that you have a plucky spirit and a willingness to try new things, but there's a limit, man.
I might knock it down to just Thursday and Friday.
JOE2210 wrote:
Leave me alone, I have been drinking and your made up words mean nothing to me.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yewb
PlexShaw  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How strange. I didn't have any problems with Du Hast at all.

The behaviour of the vocals in this game is really weird (as has already been established) but the fact that everyone seems to find different songs cause them problems - I've just finally FD'd In The Meantime after what feels like an eternity - is possibly the most bizarre aspect of all.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PlexShaw PSN Name: PlexShaw Wii Friend Code: 5941308033072690
JOE2210  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? I can't see that much of a difference between the "Willst du bis..." in each chorus :S
I think it may be your calibration, as you said, because I FCed it SR with my calibration on 0/0 XD

Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
foremanmvyers  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i also didn't have much trouble with this song the one time i played it. i didn't fc it, but if the chorus is charted a different way every time, i didn't notice.

i was, however, playing on a hdtv, and normally i use a sdtv. maybe that makes a difference, i don't know.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PlexShaw wrote:
How strange. I didn't have any problems with Du Hast at all.

The behaviour of the vocals in this game is really weird (as has already been established) but the fact that everyone seems to find different songs cause them problems - I've just finally FD'd In The Meantime after what feels like an eternity - is possibly the most bizarre aspect of all.

I SR FC'd it on hard vocals, haven't tried it on expert yet.
In The Meantime... ::shudders::

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I SRFCed it too.
It's gotta be your calibration. No doubt.
I was messing around with calibration settings for vocals.. if it's wrong, it's TERRIBLE o_o

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got like -1 or -2 on sightread, but I was playing Harmony vox and not really paying much attention.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No doubt different songs are hard for different people, but I'm betting its calibration too. Vocal calibration is deceptive, it's easy to be off and not even realize it, and it can easily be the difference between strong and awesome. Auto calibration is not always (usually) the best for vocals. Auto cal it first, then fine tune. It's best to make the chart a little "slower" than what would be perfect for other instruments.
Icemage  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent some more time with Du Hast and I think I know why I'm having problems where most people are not.

It turns out that if you're actually trying to sing the lyrics in German properly, a lot of those guttural consonants hose your pie-spinning on the chorus, making it very, very hard to hold combo even if you sing it pitch perfect and even if your calibration is perfect. Since I actually learned the lyrics for this song doing a video for it in GH5, my natural instinct is to sing the song with full and correct lyrics.

I did an experiment and just hummed my way through and FC'd it with relative ease.
woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icemage, I had the same issue with trying to sing the lyrics. My brother and I were both really into KMFDM and Rammstein for a while (he still is) and German was my foreign language in hs/college/grad school, so I love getting to sing in German and knew this song by heart going in, but it took a little slurring to FC it for me, as well. Also, trying to do the correct pronunciation of "mich" makes the pie harder to fill on the talkies, at least for me.

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah anything thats more air than voice is going to hurt you. Using vibrato on longer pitches can earn you some more wiggle room.
Icemage  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woozerkristen wrote:
Icemage, I had the same issue with trying to sing the lyrics. My brother and I were both really into KMFDM and Rammstein for a while (he still is) and German was my foreign language in hs/college/grad school, so I love getting to sing in German and knew this song by heart going in, but it took a little slurring to FC it for me, as well.

Yup. This is the first time I've seen a song that's actually easier to FC on Guitar Hero than it is on Rock Band on vocals when actually attempting to sing it properly.

Quote:
Also, trying to do the correct pronunciation of "mich" makes the pie harder to fill on the talkies, at least for me.

Yeah, you almost have to swallow the microphone to make those "mich" talkies give you full credit since the engine assigns so much of the pie to that part of each phrase.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: