FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
GD:RB OD help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marcusfenixrules  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:44 am    Post subject: GD:RB OD help Reply with quote

How do you guys activate OD on here? I can't squeeze for shit because I have problems getting it to activate. The normal "WOO" doesn't help, I've tried multiple sensitivity settings, but nothing's changed.
Any help is much appreciated.
Icemage  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to activate pretty early in both Green Day and The Beatles Rock Band. It shouldn't affect how well you're squeezing because everyone else is dealing with the same windows as you are.
marcusfenixrules  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well see, the reason it's affecting my squeezing is because I went from RB1/RB2 vocals to GD:RB, so I just got used to that.
Icemage  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you got used to vocals on RB1 and RB2 squeezing, then you know what early windows are. This shouldn't be anything new.
Iggy-Sparks  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's more something between normal window and early window.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: McDuboff
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can still activate fairly late, you just have to find the spot that works for you. It will be earlier than it is in RB1 and RB2 but not as early as most early windows. Once you find it, it will stay consistent and you can always activate in the same area.

However, the sound you make to activate makes a HUGE difference in this game, just like Beatles. A standard WOO! won't work as well and screaming it doesn't help. Use a softer sound. I use a "Vvvvvvhoo" sound, like you are making the sound the letter V makes. Even a soft Whhhooo works very well.

Experiment with different soft sounds until you find the one that works consistently for you. It will also help you get an activation point that allows you to squeeze.

Remember too, squeezing in these two games is quite a bit different and there are very very very few tick squeezes (at the first word of an end phrase). It graphically looks like you should be getting ticks but the buffer zone is different and they are RARE. Depending on your calibration it can be more/less visually deceiving. In RB1/RB2 you have that glow in front of the actual arrow and if it touches your word it generates ticks just as if your arrow did. In this game there is no glow and from what we can tell you need to get past that little dot on the pitch line to get anything. One of the reasons for so many "optimals" in this one.

So keep trying different activation points, keep trying different "soft" sounds. Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: