FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Destroyer Pedal sensor problem?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
socialskills  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject: Destroyer Pedal sensor problem? Reply with quote

I've had the Destroyer Pedal since June of 2009, and in my opinion it's the best aftermarket pedal out there, when it's working properly. However, since June of this year, my Destroyer has exhibited an odd overhitting a problem, and I have a theory about what's going on but I'd appreciate some second opinions.

What happens is that after playing 2-3 hour sessions for 2-3 days in a row, the pedal overhits uncontrollably while in the down position. I would say that for every 3-5 seconds that I'm holding the pedal down, it overhits. Then, if I don't use the pedal for the next 2 days or so, the next time I play it works just fine.

First of all, has anyone else had this problem? I've searched through the forum and can't find anything similar.

Second, what could the problem be? My theory is that there's something wrong with the sensor. I can't see any physical damage on any part of the pedal, and I've adjusted the foot board towards and away from the sensor and this does not seem to affect the frequency of the overhitting at all.

I e-mailed both Mark at Destroyer and RockBandParts.com (I bought it from them) in June and, 3 months later, have not received a response from either. Any thoughts from the community on this?
- All 3,255 RB1 BWT stars collected (solo, voxtar, expert)

Voxtar guide.
JOE2210  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried emailing Ryan on his alternate email? He's had issues recently so he's asking for all emails to be sent to xcellpads@gmail.com.

Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
Xepher850  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Destroyer Pedal sensor problem? Reply with quote

socialskills wrote:
I've had the Destroyer Pedal since June of 2009, and in my opinion it's the best aftermarket pedal out there, when it's working properly. However, since June of this year, my Destroyer has exhibited an odd overhitting a problem, and I have a theory about what's going on but I'd appreciate some second opinions.

What happens is that after playing 2-3 hour sessions for 2-3 days in a row, the pedal overhits uncontrollably while in the down position. I would say that for every 3-5 seconds that I'm holding the pedal down, it overhits. Then, if I don't use the pedal for the next 2 days or so, the next time I play it works just fine.

First of all, has anyone else had this problem? I've searched through the forum and can't find anything similar.

Second, what could the problem be? My theory is that there's something wrong with the sensor. I can't see any physical damage on any part of the pedal, and I've adjusted the foot board towards and away from the sensor and this does not seem to affect the frequency of the overhitting at all.

I e-mailed both Mark at Destroyer and RockBandParts.com (I bought it from them) in June and, 3 months later, have not received a response from either. Any thoughts from the community on this?

Mark isn't exactly good at replying to customer questions. And RBP discontinued carrying Destroyer Pedals a while ago.

MY ROCK BAND DRUM ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Will not remove from my signature until the whole debut album from Periphery is released as DLC
RockBandParts  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although we do not carry Destroyer Pedals, I am still making sure that all of my customers are getting the warranty they were promised from Destroyer Pedals.

To be honest, this is ONE of the reasons why we no longer carry Destroyer Pedals. With their lack of customer support, and the lack or response for warranty replacements, I just couldnt continue to carry the pedal any longer.

But that is really besides the point... You have a Pedal that you bought, and you need it fixed, period. Can you please send me a PM with the last name on the order? I will send Mark (Owner of Destroyer Pedals) an email and ask him to get a hold of you ASAP, and get you fixed up.

FYI: I just sent you a PM - You can simply reply back with that info

Thanks!

XCELL Pads, Pintech, IONS, ROADIE, Guitars and more!

If you have no idea what my avatar is about, then you need to subscribe to my youtube channel.
socialskills  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, dude. I didn't mean to suggest in my OP that RBP was being unresponsive, so I apologize if it was taken that way. I also erroneously claimed that it's been 3 months since I sent e-mails, but it's only been 2.

It's laudable that you are still supporting previous customers on a product that you no longer carry, so thanks for that. We'll see what happens next.

Even though I've gotten a response in terms of support, I'm still curious if anyone else has had this problem with the pedal. Anyone out there?

Voxtar guide.
RockBandParts  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Destroyer Pedals does have an "Instructional Video" - You can see if you learn anything from it. May need to just adjust it a bit ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqJFOJQxElw

If you have no idea what my avatar is about, then you need to subscribe to my youtube channel.
socialskills  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I've watched the video a few times. Basically what it tells you is about adjusting the pedal at the crossbar for differing sensitivity. I sort of alluded to that in my OP, that those kinds of adjustments seemed to have no effect

Voxtar guide.
RockBandParts  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

socialskills wrote:
Yeah, I've watched the video a few times. Basically what it tells you is about adjusting the pedal at the crossbar for differing sensitivity. I sort of alluded to that in my OP, that those kinds of adjustments seemed to have no effect

Yeah, i didnt think it would either, but I thought I would give it a shot, lol!

I copied you onto the email I sent to Mark, so hopefully we hear something in the next day or so.

socialskills  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: Although I noticed another thread in this forum where a customer stated that they had an e-mail response and will receive their pedal soon, I still haven't gotten a response regarding warranty support.

Meanwhile, the sensor on my Destroyer is now in a state of total malfunction, as even after a week of rest it will overhit at any position, and it has now started missing hits for the first time as well.

The good news is that I can give huge thanks to Ryan at RockBandParts.com for all of his effort in helping me with the Destroyer problem. Though we still weren't able to get a response from Mark, Ryan's efforts at helping me get this solved went way above and beyond, resulting in an extremely happy customer. Thanks.

Voxtar guide.
Ryoandr  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a theory behind your malfunction. Since I don't have a destroyer pedal, I cannot affirm it's THE cause. But based on pictures, here I go :

The sensors used are normally set in a parallel way, but on the destroyer they are set perpendicular. This might make the magnetic field close the reed switch at a very precise distance and position. After some playing, the rubber stopper has deformed and allows the magnet to go past the position, resulting in another hit when you lift your foot and the pedal goes back in initial position. Stop playing for a while and the rubber recovers some of it's elasticity and form. But after a while, the rubber stopper is so deformed that every time you kick it will go past the closing position.

Hope I'm clear enough.
TopazGrl  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious... Have you tried flipping the sensor upside down? Last year, I was having issues with my sensor and Mark told me to do that and it worked like new again. Mind you, you'll have to readjust the magnet and this is only a temporary fix and will probably start failing again in a month or two but it does help greatly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: