FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tidus' TBRB XVox: New harmonies video up; my birthday! :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tidus wrote:
Chaosfreak - "But in reality"...that was my very least favorite line (and everyone else's too) in that song...but don't worry. It's okay about cueing it
Huh? I never knew that... Unless you're talking about lines to have to sing while playing.

As I said, replies aren't the main purpose, but there we go...I don't think that there are too many people on this side who actually go to the GH side as well with a fair frequence.
If replies aren't what you really care about, then why would you rebump your thread if you don't get any? And I can understand what you say about not as many people being active on both sides, but yeah.

Also, your new avatar is fucking awesome. <3 Just as I was about to edit my post saying that, you replied.

1800 posts, yay me.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice FC! I remember how freaking nervous I was when I got past the Bridge (iirc, idk what it's called...)

Also, you beat my score, meany :P

2.9.10 - First Bass FSFC
3.20.10 - First to FGFC 3 instruments on RB2.
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xpertlefty13 wrote:
Nice FC! I remember how freaking nervous I was when I got past the Bridge (iirc, idk what it's called...)

I think that's the speed-up you're thinking of. Yeah, there it gets hard to keep up. I haven't played it (in RB1 or RB2) since the first time I passed it, when I got almost 5* on it.

Nice job again, tidus.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome job on the RB1 FCs. Beware the dark road you travel on because Next To You lays at the end; 41 hours of my life I'll never get back
Xpertlefty13  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chaosfreak07 wrote:
Xpertlefty13 wrote:

I think that's the speed-up you're thinking of. Yeah, there it gets hard to keep up. I haven't played it (in RB1 or RB2) since the first time I passed it, when I got almost 5* on it.

Nice job again, tidus.

http://rockband.scorehero.com/images/notecharts/contrib/ajanata/vocals/igetby_vocals_blank.png

Measure 93, the hard part I was referring to was "bridge_a - slow_part_a"
Although, during the speed-up, I was rather nervous, suprised I didn't choke O_o awesome job Luiz! :P

2.9.10 - First Bass FSFC
3.20.10 - First to FGFC 3 instruments on RB2.

Last edited by Xpertlefty13 on Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:17 am; edited 1 time in total
sokushi  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember I Get By being the hardest song in RB1 for me. I can't quite remember if I ever passed it or not. Congrats on that FC! I should pop RB1 back in and see how much easier it is since I've gotten a bit better at vocals since the RB1 days. XD

Also, Bayonetta avatar = win

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knux2007 wrote:
I get By? I never played it(Don't have RB1 yet), but I have heard it is a really hard song to FC. I mean, not as hard as Next to You, but still very impressive, congrats!. Now FC Sabotage

It's not that it's a really an impossibly hard FC, it's that it takes a really good vocalist to FC it, and it's really pretty fun to do. Comparing a song like I Get By that takes skill to FC and a song like Sabotage (in the RB1 engine, of course) that is "hard" to FC is kind of like comparing a Jordan FC to a Trogdor FC. (And Bridge A and Bridge B of I Get By vocals is the Solo B and C of Jordan, which instantly fails out lesser men and laughs in their faces).

Oh, and congratulations, tidus :-)
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
Emptyeye  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Nice.

I Get By is maybe the one song on RB1 and 2 that I simply do not get at all. The bridge dealie in particular...I consistently come out of that flashing red...in RB2. I can't imagine what that's like in RB1. Awesome stuff!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys! Now I'm really updating this, after a few responses!

Chaosfreak - That line is probably the hardest one in the Bridge. Too short and tough to execute without an effective training mode. About the re-bump, it may look like a contradiction, but I thought I'd get some more stuff to put in and respond to the previous replies in the meantime. And I beat you to the punch before you could edit your post

For the record, the Bridge A+B is the harder part, the Slow Part A marks the end of the clusterfuck. Then, the Slow Part B and the Speed-up's are where people get nervous after hitting the Bridges.

Lefty - Yeah, I know! That was when I said I suck at RB1, and I was working on an even harder game. Those speed-up's become epic, such is the tension felt there after hitting the Bridges.

IndestructibleSD - I'll be thinking twice before trying that song. For now, it's not part of my plan, but the FGFC will be something that can be thought of in the future. I almost sightread FC'd everything but the "OW!", where I only filled 10% of the pie, and missed just one dumb phrase outside of it. If I were to hit the talky, I'd get what I need soon enough: consistency. But it gets much harder when you hit that talky, 'cause I know all of that nervousness. Also, cheers!

Sokushi - Another one who likes my avatar and said it. Thought some people would think it doesn't make sense because of my FFX-fan-esque username. Buuuut...who said I wanted to make any? If you have RB1, maybe you could really try that song. It's indeed a clusterfuck, I dunno how the hell I could pass it on my sightread (and get the on it too!)...

Kawigi - Beat me to the punch. That section can be easily compared to those Jordan solos. My face was melted when I sightreaded that section. I was just singing/slurring notes I assumed that would be right, and couldn't hit almost nothing. And it all gets harder when it's the only part of the song that is above my chest voice, so I have to downshift it until the start of the slow part ("...and call it a masterpiece"). But yeah, it's an insane FC, to the point that I'll keep it on the title for a while.

Emptyeye - Hey dude, you posted before I could finish the update. Well, will just edit it. "I Get By" gave me a feeling that I couldn't understand it too, but I just played the song again and again, 'til I realized what was going on with that Bridge. Maybe with some progress, you can pull off an FC on the RB2 engine. You've done great things, and it's been a while, so you can go for it!

Giving RB1 disk a break, I finally have been encouraged by my latest sucess and bought the Classic Rock Track Pack. Much less talkies than on Track Pack 2, albeit they're still broken, of course. I pulled off 3 FCs, notthing hard really.

Hit Me With Your Best Shot - This song is a joke in comparison to the same on Guitar Hero: Smash Hits. The people who frequent my GH thread know how I'm struggling with it, even at 40 FCs on that game. Here, on RB1 engine, it was a sightread FC.
Love Spreads - Struggled a bit on GHWT, struggled a bit here too, but in different phrases. And the pathing demanded a bit of me too.
The Joker - Easy too, random path, I thought I'd use OD on the choruses.

I gold-starred "Peace of Mind" and "Bad to the Bone". I underestimated severely the former. When I gave up and thought of going to the GS, I hit the 1st "Whoa" and missed the 2nd, which I think it's the easier one because you hold the same note from the end of the previous phrase. But I bombed the Ooh's, so I don't think I can FC the song unless I know to downshift in TWO octaves to put that end into my range. The latter should be FC'd too, but some phrases are nonsense.

And discovered some stuff. I had a couple great runs on "All Right Now", one where I FC'd up to the 2nd phrase after all those taps, and another one where I FC'd everything after that same phrase, which I don't know if it can ever be hit. It's a broken talky, and always filled the same part of the pie. Also, "Holiday in Cambodia" *CAN* be FC'd on RB1 engine, but it's very unlikely for me. I hit all of the "Pol pot" talkies in separated runs, with every kind of known method. But hitting all of 'em in one run, and actually getting there without breaking combo is another big problem, as well as not choking on the last phrase.

Moving back to RB1 disk soon.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You seem to be quite proud of that I Get By FC. I still think back to when Rock Band 2 wasn't out yet-when I failed it three times, then on the fourth try, I made it out of the bridge thanks to Billtvshow's vid, and had I done any worse, I would have failed. But I missed the "I've been working on a song that you won't hear" OD phrase, and ended with almost five stars. I've intensely dreaded that song ever since. But after a year, i've raped Lego Rock Band, and GH Metallica sort of, so maybe I should go back to it! However, to be honest, and I may as well put up the flame shields, I don't like that song much on its own.

And it looks like Tidus can has Track Pack. Doesn't it feel like it's been so long since you've played on the RB1 engine again? Back in 2009, when Afterlife came out and...well, you know? Getting the kicker from that song on anything is never fun. In fact, take the last sentence and the three explicitly placed words after it that you said when you FC'd 2 Minutes to Midnight in GH5, replace "Iron Maiden" with "Avenged Sevenfold", and replace "the 1st activation squeeze" with "an extra 1.2k or something like that" and you have my feelings about my FC of that song's bass chart. Not to mention This Ain't a Scene, Zero, and other songs with crappy talkies. But at least here, you have Rush, Steve Miller Band, Boston...

So not a bad start, and best of luck with the harder songs there.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaosfreak - Yeah, the CRTP is really great. Some songs on the TP2 are pretty much "impossible", especially "Zero". While the CRTP still has broken talkies, it has more fun songs. With Rush, Boston, The Who, etc., you can't go wrong. As for "Afterlife", are you talking about...umm...this?

Okay guys and girls, that was the "extra". I gave RB1 another shot this Sunday night, and it went pretty well.

"Won't Get Fooled Again" took something like 20~30 minutes, the pre-choruses were the trouble spots. And I almost missed at Bridge and the last phrases. "Seven" was really annoying, it sucks to choke in different phrases. But took as long as WGFA. Other songs except "Flirtin' with Disaster" took 10 minutes at most. No GS in "Vasoline" 'cause I don't have the patch.

About FwD itself, I almost jizzed in my pants. That was über-random, and I didn't use any path, hence the lame score. I was supposed to be messin' around with the "Come on baby" talky. I started doin' it wrong, and quickly realized that it was a screaming. I thought it'd be a G#5 if it was pitched, and "sang" a G#4 in time. I pretty much slipped on the closing door and was like "how the hell will I keep this combo now?". Luckily, the song it easy.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
MehPlusRawr  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On RB1? That's crazy... Nice one!

This was coincidentally the 20001th view and 400th post on this thread.

tidus  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MehPlusRawr - Hey, I remember you from the ORRU stream! Well, thanks for the compliment, and for showing the coincidence! That makes 50 views per reply, I guess.

There'll be an update coming after I come back from the uni. It's basically made of 3 on-disk FCs and 2 TP2 FCs. Between the on-disk FCs, I assume that I used a dirty (yet effective AND valid) method on 2 of 'em, but I actually don't give a flying fuck. That method also helped me to break 100k on "Sabotage" and stay just a slice away from the technical FC. Stay tuned!

Knux2007  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to play RB1 and try to FC some songs . Congrats on FwD, and you have to be specific, when I see CRTP, Idk if you are talking about Country or Classic Rock lol

Best RB3 Bass FC so far: Antibodies Bass(7/83)
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another formidable set of FCs, aye? Personally I don't find Won't Get Fooled Again as tough as other The Who songs. Don't ask why. And there's Seven, which I remember being a hassle, namely the "I'll keep ten feet behind just to walk you home" phrases. Not to mention i'm sure many people find it unpleasant to listen to. As far as that goes, FTK in GH2 is better

And, well, i'm happy that you were able to get your...REVENGE (should I say it like that?) on Afterlife. I just find that song really hard to breathe on, even though i've FC'd it twice, in RB1 (just before RB2 came out) and RB2. But I have a feeling you saw my comment about that song, and thought, "You think i'm weak, don't you?!?! I'll show you!" and went to FC it. Come on, you're not fooling anyone.

Last edited by chaosfreak07 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 27 of 39

Jump to: