FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tidus' TBRB XVox: New harmonies video up; my birthday! :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the re-FC of TUIB. I only got it the one time and have not mustered the patience to do it again (though I almost got it in a full band run).

You'll have to tell me what you think of GH:SH. Dogfood seems to be liking it quite a bit.

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
arvain  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZOMG good job about TuiB with the right path !!! you feel awfully nervous after hitting that, right ? good score !!

also, nice fgfc, now the hardest one is yet to do ;p good luck with that!!
tidus  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kristen - Thank you! I see you have 344k on that song. But I understand you definitively. Dogfood is enjoying GH:SH as a game, but not like he enjoyed Rock Band 2. The strict engine pretty much forbids us from doing any decoration and all. Well, I don't have GH:SH yet, but I can advice you when I get it. 'Kay?

Arvain - Thanks bud! Yep, I do. Especially when you're almost giving up 'cause you missed the alternative activation. Read well: ALMOST. When I have no choice, I rise up and err, still do what I don't expect! Easy FGFC can be hard to do in a way. Mostly because of the laziness. And if I ever get unlucky with One Way or Another, which will never happen because I could sort of compute what I need to do on that talky. And, so far, I hit it 12 times: 7 for 1st Expert FC (yep, lots of post-talky chokes) + 1 for re-FC + 1 for Hard FC + 2 for Medium FC (I was doing some experiments there) + 1 for...ENDLESS SETLIST 2! Well, that's a lot, so there's no way I can be stopped!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
tidus  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I let the FGFCAL stuff aside for a bit. I have another goal as well, the Top 50 on 360 Expert Vocals.

Today, I basically took out half of the spread between me and GuitarHailz (the current 50th place, yet her scores are a bit old and she doesn't post any since March 8th) with 5 songs. It was a nice 80 minutes at all. A really scarce time, but I could do something very productive. These are the songs I reduxed today:

Shooting Star: Got 2k from here. I was shocked myself with this increase. Expected to get 1,5k at best Took two tries, 'cause err...I got kinda robbed and gifted with a random Strong at the end of 1st chorus.

Come Out and Play (Keep 'Em Separated): +1,5k nearly. Not too good though. My headset didn't want to register my prior octave at the backend of 1st activation and I lost important points there. Gotta use higher octave there from now on.

Aqualung: +1,2k. Easy peasy song, yet I had to get a whole 76 FC's before finally nailing it for the 1st time. (indiscrete reference to past FTW) Got the full squeeze before solo, but my 2nd activation was carelessly early.

Chop Suey: + 1k nearly. I actually regret from picking this song. I forgot that I would take a lot of time for that full FRS. Well, I just fixed my OD path messup on my old FC and took measly one try to get it done. FRS and ticks as soon as I have more free time than I had today.

Master Exploder: Despite I had an +1k increase here, my squeezing is worth a shit here. Gotta consult Arvain's vid for something better when shit gets tight while I'm keeping the Top 50.

I pretend to redo Bad Reputation (terrible OD execution) and Lazy Eye (messed 1st activation), which will give 5k+ to my score. People pretty much tend to recommend me to take care of Teen Age Riot and/or The Middle when they see my scores. I'll see what I can do without having to get myself tortured by these two songs, but maybe I'll have to replay either one of them incase I can't squeeze something from the other songs. Still, I have one song or another where I still have to re-FC with new path. Pretend We're Dead is an example. But later.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
tidus  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, triple post

Anyway, I got back home with one hour more than yesterday free. So I worked on the reduxes.

Thanks to an unexpectedly big redux on Alex Chilton, the expected results on Lazy Eye and Bad Reputation, small reduxes on So What'cha Want, Any Way You Want It (this was really tiny), Pretend We're Dead, Man in the Box and a final touch on De-Luxe, I passed GuitarHailz for 50th place on 360 without any need to lose my mind with The Middle and Teen Age Riot.

But, I may have to redo these two sucky EW-heavy songs sometime. Hope to have to do that when I have A LOT of free time.

MAYRAluvsYA  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job Tidus! I know how you were dreading TaR and the middle
tidus  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mayra - Thank you! Glad you remembered all of that talk on MSN about these two songs. Pretty much every vocalist should understand why I dread these ones so much. But well, thank you for the love.

Now that I did that goal, I have the FGFCAL ahead of me. 77 Easy Vocals FC's. So many FC's, so little time. But I'll see what I can do with this time. For now, thought I'd display something cool.

Easy is where I had the worst luck. I tried the aesthetic way, which gave me the quick FC on Medium, and failed it several times 'til I pushed the headset mic a bit away from the mouth, and finally got the timing to get the pie filled with plenty of time before the end of the phrase. I got some more FC's, but I prefer to update with them later. Ah, this also means that I hit the OWoA talky 13 times overall! Mr. Green

arvain  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy crap teach me consistency on that talky, i need to get the voxtar fc !!!

anyway, good job on this, you'll get the fgfcal in no time and those reduxes are pretty sexy !! top 50 already ? you rock ! now good luck if you try TaR and The middle, cause YES i understand why you dread those two that much also, i hope my vid of Master E will be of some help ^^
tidus  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arvain - Thanks! Dunno exactly if I'm REALLY consistent. But, as you're way better than me, if you're consisent, you can hit the talky on voxtar at the same rate as me on Vocals alone xD Seriously, either you go with cdylan13's method, or you adjust the mic (well, I assume you use a headset while voxtarring) sensibility to max, and you let the mic like 2 inches or more away from your mouth. Then, what I do besides this is do the talky a hair late, going GETcha GETcha GETcha and so goes on. Just be careful to don't have a post-talky choke! Train on Vox alone to get some consistency, maybe you can get the hang of it. As for Master Exploder squeezing, I'll listen to it closely to get the right pitches.

P.S.: IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!!!! Views of course

tidus  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to blow off the dust from this thread!

Being seen that I haven't been active in terms of uploading ACTUAL Vocal vids, thought I'd come with something about maples and oaks quarreling amongst themselves for sunlight.

Enjoy!

P.S.: I'll still be playing GH:SH though. Just thought I would make a change of pace periodically.

anonymous_32  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
tidus  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XFreeBird - Thanks for the compliment! I'm not THAT much consistent too, some shit happens...I'm happy for the offer, but it's very unlikely that I get XBL Gold anytime soon. Anyways, thanks again for the compliment! If you almost FC'd Bark at the Moon on Guitar Hero: Smash Hits, you can surely FC The Trees on Guitar.

cbar323  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expert is a sea of gold nice job

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cbar323 - Haha thanks!

So, haven't been doing anything competitive lately. Been working on Guitar Hero: Smash Hits, then came back here to do a vid, went back to the "dark side" again, and suddendly stopped everything because I'm playing Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires, which I've been waiting so long for.

I have seen on CHawk's thread a talk between himself and Sophrosyne, about a squeezefest competition between them. She (Sophrosyne) didn't put all of the RB2 setlist scores, and I'm antecipating that she'll get the FGFC and I'll be bumped out of the Top 50. Thus, I gotta thank you two for motivating me into making my RB2 disk spin inside my 360 once again, even if it's for a while, so I can squeeze some songs and get some more ranks. So I don't get caught on the vortex of the competition between these two vocalists of very considerable caliber. Anyway, I redid 3 songs.

1st song of the day. I appreciate any help about the 2nd activation. That squeeze is a nightmare. Can I tweak the activation or I must go flawlesss through those warbles?

I had a VERY old FC score, and had no ticks. What happened today? I pick this song, and get this lovely babe on 1st try. Had some real close calls for my headset hates low singing, but not enough to make me drop points on "semi-Awesome's". Another XVox optimal for my collection.

This score is rather badass. As I noticed this song was really easy for me, I went to it. Had 909 after taps, 4 below my previous score. Hit restart. Then, I got 2 sexy squeezes. 15th, tied with Iggy-Sparks and one tick below my buddy and Iggy's G/V partner Arvain. Just a question: are ticks possible on 2nd activation?

I know more is possible, I'm just too stubborn! Still gonna keep avoiding those songs, as I don't need them at this very moment.

oogabooha  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGOGO ALL SONGS FCED!!!!!!!

GOGOGOBRASIL!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 21 of 39

Jump to: