FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tidus' TBRB XVox: New harmonies video up; my birthday! :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emptyeye  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I sing standing up. It's not quite ideal, because the location of the pitch bar means I'm looking down slightly as I play, but it's probably better for me than sitting/laying down as I sing.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TG - This happened 'cause the posture I used lately was a bit too relaxed. I was sitting down, but the stance had an extra inclination. Let's suppose...my original stance, which I used to FGFC (except the physically awful That's What You Get), and is an "OK" stance, was basically my back being nearly paralel to the wall and forming 90ยบ between it (the back) and the floor.. The stance I used in order to relax had that inclination which reduced this angle. However, this inclination was towards the wall behind me. Indeed, that's what I get for abusing the comfort of the new couch, while doing something I'm physically limited at.

Emptyeye - I was also fearing for my vision, as the TV was too low for me to play standing up. But, I believe I got That's What You Get standing up due to getting used to play it a lot at this stance, since Kristen gave me this advice. Guess I'll need to re-adapt to this new stance on every song, or at least play while sitting down properly.

Well, my chest feels loose now, and my throat is back to normal. However, as I just got recovered up, I don't know if I'll be back so soon. Also, I'll do another exam tomorrow, which will finish the 1st wave of exams. After it, my 360 will be taken for a while, maybe I'll try some GH on DS, as I re-enlightened the hopes with that game, by getting a Constant Motion Hard FC on a custom, which I've grinded oftenly in vain 3 months ago. But I'll be back to the RB stakes for sure, don't worry! Although there are (again) possibilities of me finally playing the coveted GH:Metallica...let's just see.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
arvain  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey too bad about dying from singing too much in a bad way of sitting XD! go find a new motivation by playing something else, then come back with new position, new scores, new voice (lol ) and new stuff !

good job on your random fcs on tour, and fgfc on hard and good luck for what's next !!
tidus  

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arvain - Thanks for the compliments and wishes! I'm actually doing well, my diaphragm (sorry for the spelling mistake everyone, and BOO for the grammar nazi's out there) is much better and I finished my 1st wave of Uni exams. It wasn't necessarily a lost cause, but well...

I've been practicing something that I'll put into full test exactly 6 weeks after the time of this post. Have been thinking about train a full-lyric, more energized singing, which can enhance my experience. However, I'll do it only with songs I know to sing well this way. There were SHITLOADS of songs where I had to do critical improvisations (Carry On Wayward Son, A Jagged Gorgeous Winter, etc.), songs where the game flicked like a motherfucker and forced me to go falsetto, consequently making me sound like a little gal (post-"Fatheeeer" on Chop Suey, or choruses on Kids in America, just for an example), and others where I simply can't make a den on without humming (fast words anyone? Where'd You Go, Down With the Sickness, Chop Suey, etc, etc, etc.). Of course, while FCing the game I really didn't care about whether I was sounding or not like a cat drowning in a pool. I'd consider myself a pathetic person if I ever worried about what people say when I'm on a mission of finally getting a FGFC of a rhythm game. Anyways, it never hurts to go for another experience, even if it's limited to a few songs.

Ah, I thought I would talk about this awesome day, where I feel a little old! Today is the day when I complete 2 years on ScoreHero! Again, my thanks go to the great friends I have here, as well as for other people who came by to support me. I wouldn't make this far if it weren't for you! But, if it's my 2nd SH anniversary, my 20th Birthday will come in 6 days! Oh I forgot...the avatar itself speaks it Mr. Green

Anyways, I got around to start the 3rd part of the FGFCAL project. Pretty much reminds me of what I used to call "Medium-Sauce" on the GH side. Got 34 new FC's, and, summing with One Step Closer and Everlong, I have 36. Got some isolated 1st places, being Tangled Up in Blue the most unexpected one, also the 1st time I ever get the broken 2nd activation via Guide Button.

Also, these are the new Medium FC's, also added to the OP.

That makes 210 Overall FC's, being:

Easy: 6/84
Medium: 36/84
Hard: 84/84
Expert: 84/84

Eh, first and only one (for now) on SH to FC RB2 Vocals on Hard AND Expert...not a big deal but still yay!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)

Last edited by tidus on Sun May 03, 2009 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Xpertlefty13  

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

happy 2nd SH anny! I'm only 363 days away from mine

2.9.10 - First Bass FSFC
3.20.10 - First to FGFC 3 instruments on RB2.
MrOmyA  

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I was planning on bumping this for you on your 2nd anniversary, but w/e. Oh yeah, congrats on surviving this forum for two years.

EDIT:
GirlsNightOut wrote:
Long-ish post

Where the hell have YOU been? >__>

Last edited by MrOmyA on Sun May 03, 2009 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
GirlsNightOut  

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tidus wrote:
Let's suppose...my original stance, which I used to FGFC (except the physically awful That's What You Get)

Oh, come on Tidus! This song is fun to sing! =P Don't wimp out and sing, sing, sing!

Anyway, those are amazing! You have so many FC's and everything else combined. Do you have any good tips for switching octaves in the middle of a phrase, because there are a lot of songs I can't get unless I do that. But everytime I try, I can't find that "spot" when I jump down.

Sorry for my looooong break. I had soo much to take care of at school and family stuff. I was proud of myself for entering a tournament and singing in front of a crowd! With the way you've been taking down these songs, you should enter one yourself. Please? =P

GNO ~ Sarah

By the way, congrats on 2 years! That's a long time, and I bet you have more years to come here.

Goals:
[X] Beat Lou on Expert
[X] Pass TTFAF
[] Get more FC's than my boyfriend, 20-16
[X] 5 star all Expert career songs
[] Learn to squeeze?
[] Find a way to get the other GH games for PS2
Emptyeye  

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo, nice job on all the new FCs. And congrats on two years here, too. It's interesting, I joined up just as things really started to take off (I remember the "What does the scouter say about our user level?" announcement. You can probably guess what the answer was, so the fact we're up to several hundred thousand users at this point underscores how long ago that was), yet tend to spend my time here off and on, as it were.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, happy birthday tidus !! (haha (a little) older than me on this site =P)

and congrats about the fgfcal coming i bet it's not that hard now that you already rock on expert ^^ but congrats for your dedication !! you'll be the 1st to ever fgfcal woot !!
GirlsNightOut  

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOmyA wrote:
You know, I was planning on bumping this for you on your 2nd anniversary, but w/e. Oh yeah, congrats on surviving this forum for two years.

EDIT:
GirlsNightOut wrote:
Long-ish post

Where the hell have YOU been? >__>

Me?? I've been going back and forth between home and school for a while now, but I'm done for the year and now finally home for the summer. Yay!! I haven't been doing much in terms of Guitar Hero or Rock Band though. It's like, I got this fantastic idea to write my own fanfic of the sequel of Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, and I actually got a rough, really sketchy outline done with all the major, most important events, ever. I really hope I get time this summer to start writing the script for it to make it seem more like an actual Fire Emblem. OMG I'm getting so excited just thinking about it! So yeah, that's where I've been for like, the past 4 months. =P How's everything going here, and how are you doing yourself? (Sorry for taking this off-topic)

GNO ~ Sarah

Goals:
[X] Beat Lou on Expert
[X] Pass TTFAF
[] Get more FC's than my boyfriend, 20-16
[X] 5 star all Expert career songs
[] Learn to squeeze?
[] Find a way to get the other GH games for PS2
tidus  

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone who commented so far!

Lefty - Hmm...let me see...363 or just 63 days from your 1st SH Anny?

Omar - I was wondering if someone perceptive enough would bump this...but yeah, it's very nice to stay here for so long. Although I had to do some radical changes on my ways (such as semi-abandonment (sp?) from General Chat, where the nazism by some of the users prevails apparently sometimes), it still feels good. The answer to your question? That's what she said

Sarah - Oh. My. Gosh. SARAH! *dances around* What better gift could I have for my 2nd SH anniversary? I wasn't surprised to see you pointing my constant whining about the physical difficulty of that song. But you still caught me by surprise! Ironically, That's What You Get fits entirely on my vocal range. The problem is just the lack of spots to take a breath. Anyways, it looks like I'm some kind of (EDIT: baritone), so I don't know about it. But I can give it a shot, despite I'm a 19 YO guy (which will be 20 next Saturday ), and you're a girl, so there are some differences between our vocal ranges. For octave changing, I mostly use transition from falsetto to low octave and vice-versa. Also, there are songs with visually evil parts, but the notes all the same (Bad Reputation's "NOT me" for an example). But, if you have problem with a particular song, let me know, and I'll do my best, I'll be glad to help you! Tournaments are lolno here; I rarely see a small local tournament, let alone a Rock Band one. But I'm VERY timid, so it doesn't matter at all I'm doing good myself, by the way. Don't worry about taking things out of topic for a bit. You just wanna know how everyone is, right: Maybe we could talk more later with PM's or IM's, it's up to you! And I thought I said you don't need to feel bad for not staying away :P

Emptyeye - Oh yeah, "IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!" Anyways, it's really interesting to see how things have changed here. And to read over the history of this site, which makes me feel a little old.

Arvain - Yeah, you don't have any idea how this is easy now...I just do some dumb mistakes, restart due to OD not activating and shit. I'll try my best to increase the pace. So I can be the 1st to do something, once again (I'm 1st to FGFC Hard and Expert already ).

And more Medium FC's for this night, 19 new FC's, making 55 on MVox and 229 overall!

P.S.: Modded and re-posted with another update. I may be leaving the FGFCAL project aside temporarily in order to make preparations for XVox Endless Setlist 2. Mission: try to do it in my 20th birthday at Saturday, at least everything they throw at me AND get Bladder of Steel. I recognize this will be hard as hell, being considered the enormous number of times I've been getting disturbed and forced to pause. Batteries are no problem, since I get two full stocks (rechargeable stuff FTW ). If I break combo due to lack of breath, no problem, do another, get more points and the shit. I just need to get the right care as well. Afternoon is always cool to do the work. Just need to make sure that no one makes me pause the game, so I may have to get rid of every single chore at home. Also, I'll be printing that break list, awesome idea!

After, like, almost half week spent on Medium FC's, I get back to Expert. What I get for this: oh, my 3rd Pinball Wizard FC! I got it 2nd try, as I got Strong for not filling the pie before preparing the 1st activation (hard on a headset), and the OD not activating later, on 1st try. I may post pic soon. Ops, I need, as it was a redux anyway. Also, I got Awesome on the 2 first phrases of Master Exploder without having to pause to take a breath. This is way too awesome for me. Too bad that I had to turn the 360 off 'cause I had to prepare myself to go to the uni. The situation is a little undefined regarding the pre-ESL2, as I may be unable to play on this week. But, let's just see how things turn. I'm pretty sure I can play on the weekend though.

Last edited by tidus on Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Emptyeye  

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck, man! Here's some good news: I successfully pulled off the XVox/BoS run back in December, when I wasn't nearly as good as I am now at XVox. So you've definitely got the skills to pull it off (As if you didn't already know that, Mr. FGFC-oh-I'll-just-redo-the-most-broken-talkie-on-RB2-no-problem). The big thing is going to be managing water consumption..drinking enough to keep your voice happy without drinking so much that you'll need to go to the bathroom midway through. Of course, you could just do what I did and keep some kind of big cup or other container handy in case it turns out you can't hold it that long.... :P

Also, ideally, you'd probably want to start late morning so you'll finish up just before dinner, and really only miss lunch while you do this.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, woot, soon the ESL !! yeah you don't want to die, have some water near =P cause singing 84 songs straight is very painful !! on the voxtar esl, i almost didn't eat/drink, and let me tell you my throat was in fire, and my head ready to assplode (singing a lot is like blowing in many many plastic balloons : you feel weir after that headache ftl!!). so yeah, be careful ! also, be VEEEEEEEEERY careful to the headset !! i was sitting on my bed, and somehow, the wire got stuck to the whammy bar, and when i turned to look at my computer, CRAC, the mic got unplugged from the controller !!! :suicides:

so yeah ^^ good luck if you can do it soon ! and i'm totally sure you'll pull off 83/84 fc (lucky there's no achievement with "84/84 vox fc during ESL without pausing or restarting", cause One way or another would be very lol!!)

ps : hey it's only 6h30 i think (lol "only"), so you can start after lunch and finish before diner i guess ^^
dogfoodnyc  

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOOT!

I still need to do mine LOL. I am just too lazy.

But grats man, you've come a long way in such a short time tho ^_^

Be sure to let us know when you are attempting the ESL2!!

My YouTube Channel
tidus  

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, thanks guys!

Emptyeye - Being considered that I got FGFC, I can get Bladder of Steel if I do well. Seems I'll be able to play in another TV on my parents' bedroom. *IF* that happens, I'll play really close to the bathroom, so I can hold 'til one of those breaks listed on this thread. I'll be eating lunch earlier, at 11:00 am so I can have a happy throat at 12:00, when I'll start. 18:20 will be the end, if things go well.

Arvain - I feel for you while you've been Voxtarring the whole ESL2. The non-Vox ESL2 is really painful for being really poor in terms of break. I'll need to be really careful as well, as I'll do it with a headset, you're right. A decent stance for the controller will prevent me from disconnect the headset. Oh, 83/84 is lolno. Well, we're taking One Way or Another out of the list, eh? Now what if I pick either Teen Age Riot, That's What You Get (being this one harder than Uncontrollable Urge, One Way or Another, American Woman, Spoonman and Rob the Prez-O-Dent together ), Nine in the Afternoon or Tangled Up in Blue? There are still more where I'm inconsistent at. Anyways, I'm going just for on the whole setlist, so it won't be hard at all. Just requires concentration and things going on my favor.

Dogfood - Wow, you could do one too soon. Maybe on stream! Just let me see if I won't have any chore on Saturday, and if I'll have time to do all of the homework on Friday. But ya know, it's still Tuesday, so anything can happen. We'll have to wait for a while before the final announcement.

Looks like I can finally make the definitive announcement. I'll be going for Bladder of Steel and 420/420 stars on Endless Setlist 2 on May 9th, starting at 12:00 (15:00 GMT). However, I can't afford to stream. Although the condition to stream could actually be met, I'm still very unexperienced to do full lyrics on Expert without ruin my score, which is always my goal here. So I'm still a victim of the aesthetics of this game, i.e., I do hum/slur to *survive* most of those songs (I can help singing some), and dispose myself from the displease of singing a song I dislike. As I don't want to displease my own friends and cause their wrath, nor losing a single dumb star while singing for the sake of style, which isn't obligation of the game in itself, I won't be streaming this ESL2. My B-Day will be awesome already, and I don't want to get a Greek's Gift in plain end of teenage. Some MSN/AIM conversations at breaks at most, just to let my friends know how is it going (speaking of AIM I need to install one on that newly installed PC). But only IF I get to play on the bedroom. That's it, it could be happening, but I don't want to change a team which is already winning (read: try to change what it's awesome already). I'm sorry.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 16 of 39

Jump to: