FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tidus' TBRB XVox: New harmonies video up; my birthday! :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
arvain  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, nice job, you just keep going on huh ?

Kids in america : yep, falsetto can help you. just need to be very accurate on the "-ca", it's damn low !!

Float on : hey try to breathe somewhere also, i think the "well" you're talking about is the same pitch as 3-4 words before... if we're talking about the same, then yes, it's weird :s

Today : come oon !! get it already !

American woman : randomly played it yesterday on a bqp...and missed the second "i'm gonna leave" u___u good luck to skip from high falsetto to low normal voice !!!

Pinball wizard : i bet you're singing these phrases too low ^^ when i happened to miss them, i could see the arrow just below the green line... even now, i sometimes almost miss because of it... and good luck with the last phrase (you'll choke, don't worry xD)

Aqualung : same here, the "meeEEEE" starts higher than you think if i remember, it's the same note as the following "whooOOAAaaAAaAA"

Tangled up in blue : ......good luck for your practice !!
Nikki  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, come on!! A few weeks ago you were counting the last Gold Stars, now you're counting the last FCs already!?!?

Amazing job! I'm cheering for your FGFC!
Havikk  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tidus on page 7 wrote:
Havikk - Yes, I don't know if it was just a fluke or whatever...as I said, I can dream with a FGFC if I shake OWOA outta my ass, and the same goes to Hard.

That was a month ago! Come on tidus, I know everybody here is pulling for you!
Emptyeye  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(RANDOM NOTE: I very nearly made this post as my fiance's account )

Woo, go go FGFC!

You sing AJGW almost exactly the opposite of what I do. I actually drop the entire thing an octave except for that ending low part (Well, and the first "Winter taking days").

My thoughts on some of these.
10 - Kids in America: This song just baffles me. There's nothing overly difficult on it, and yet I'm really freaking inconsistent on it for whatever reason, such that a -1 is a really good run for me on it. Odd.

9 - Float On: Ha, I have this one. ;) Low voice for the win; once again, I octave-drop the high parts and sing the low parts in the original octave (Which, from what I've gathered, doesn't help you a whole lot).

8 - Today: I recall "lolfail"ing this in my attempts to FC it, but I don't remember if it was anything specific or just my not knowing the song as well as I should. Given what you've already knocked out, this shouldn't be too bad.

7 - Teen Age Riot: My GS run on this was a -1, which was absolutely magical for me. My main problem on it the opposite of yours; I'm really inconsistent on pretty much everything that sounds similar pitchwise to "Everybody's talking 'bout the stormy weather". I was very happy that I only missed one of those in my GS run. The rest of the song is really not that bad for me.

5 - American Woman: Yeah, I don't have a lot of advice here, though I'd think you could octave shift "You know I'm gonna" in the same way as the "bye bye"s so the jumps aren't quite as drastic.

4 - Pinball Wizard: Ooh! Ooh! This is where I get to do the thing! Here I go..*ahem* How the hell do you not have Pinball Wizard yet? I got that as #15!

More seriously, "He's a pinball wizard..." was one of the things that gave me trouble too. It's a bit tricky in that you're not really singing what I'd regard as the main melody there. I can't really help you much with hitting it, except that to say that it starts on the same note as the "ball" in "pinball" just before it. Same thing for "I thought I was the Bally table king".

2 - Aqualung: Not a lot to say here..it's been long enough since I tried it last that I don't remember much other than "GSed it comfortably, wasn't close enough to the FC to immediately try it again".

1 - Tangled Up in Blue: Oh God, that phrase. You know how often I played this song recently in going for the GS. It had to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 10+ times over those few days.

In all those times, I never figured out where in the hell that "name" is pitchwise. Pretty much every attempt ended in me starting way too low and sliding up to eventually find the note (Ironically doing a pretty damn good impression of Dylan's singing style in the process...), but far too late to get any decent score on the phrase, let alone combo it. And then there are the "Tangled Up in Blue"s. And even if you do get everything consistent, let's be honest, the whole song is a five-minute-plus choke waiting to happen. And then there's that second activation if you're going for an optimal score...

In short, good luck. I know I actually have a better score than you on it at the moment, but I don't think I could match that score if my life depended on it (To say nothing of the already mentioned difficuly in actually going from 99 to 100 on it).

Still, I know you'll eventually get it. Really Tangled Up and maybe Pinball Wizard are the only truly difficult ones you have left in my eyes; the rest are just getting familiar with the song. Gogogo!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick update to prove that I'm still alive.

I just got Today as #76, so that makes 8 FC's. I picked Tangled right after, because if there's no training, I can say goodbye to FGFC. My best was a 330k, -2 I think, under the 2nd OD (the verse containing that phrase which ends with a high "name"). I hit that region in other runs, so the FC can happen. Still, I'm not consistent at the second "tangled up in blue", and I'm very likely to choke after I hit it.

Still no pics. Home duties from 8:40 to 13:00 plus non-working Internet are the negative factors. I have them pics, I'll upload them as soon as I get back from Uni. Also, I know how to hit the final phrase in Pinball Wizard, but I only hit "I thought I was the bally table king" once, and can't hit anymore. Damn harmonized phrases.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Xpertlefty13  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, with time, I'm sure you will get a FGFC.

I hate to advertise, but I just did in RB1 bass

See, time will help

2.9.10 - First Bass FSFC
3.20.10 - First to FGFC 3 instruments on RB2.
FinalAeon  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, you really got the hang of vocals fast. Good luck with the FGFC; you're so close now.

tidus  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Kay, thank you all for the support and advices! Time to put everything in order before reaching the grand finale (I think...).

Arvain - I think of the choruses in Kids in America as "Sorta RB1 Moments", as I have to be damn precise...so that makes 8 "Sorta RB1 Moments" on that damn song, as "We're the kids in America" is repeated exactly 8 times. But well, thanks about that phrase in Aqualung!

Nikki - Thanks! I'm almost there!

Havikk - Thanks! But ya know, haste is perfection's worst enemy. I know people are rooting for me, but I'm still new at Vox, so there must be some sort of trick I still need to learn.

Emptyeye - Thank you! Wow, you fiance has an SH account, nice! I'm curious now. Just kidding. I blame you for my Aqualung FC, got that few tries after I woke up and saw your thread. I kinda nearly figured out what "name" is pitchwise, it's like doing it on the same octave, but much louder...I dunno. Anyways, I'm not trying optimal path run on this song for a long time.

Lefty - Thanks! And you're right indeed

Aeon - Great to see you here, again! Thanks!

It was time for serious business. Today I woke up with the intent of going for an FC, and got 2 more...there they are, Today was done yesterday, before I trained on Tangled.

I got Aqualung, and it's all your fault, Emptyeye! Just messing, anyways I missed 2 taps, so I may redo when I get better. American Woman didn't took THAT long but was intense. But yay for getting it! But, before American Woman...

Finally...FUCKING FINALLY! Didn't use optimal path. Had a choke on the last phrase, but I still tried 'til I got it. And, a little present from inv4der's thread for this (thanks inv4der Mr. Green ):

Now, that makes 5 to go. Sorted by tier:

5 - Kids in America: Maybe I'll try it next or something. There's 8 choke spots, plus the low ending phrases...

4 - Float On: I'll still find a better way to sing the ending, I was trying it when I had to stop.

3 - Teen Age Riot: Still need to grind it, haven't done it since I was busy with Tangled Up in Blue and American Woman.

2 - Pinball Wizard: The only really troublesome phrase is "I thought I was the bally table king".

1 - Let There Be Rock: I just need a reliable way to hit the final phrase, thus saving myself from a choke, nothing else.

Almost there!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Havikk  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tidus, for the purpose of irony and hilarity I insist Kids in America be number 84 (see: Your location). Amazing job, but you know you have to redux Tangled Up in Blue with that activation right?
wesker-kun  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man... awesome job on all those FCs

you already gotten the thoughest ones

you got the FGFC in your pocket now!

good luck for all those remaining ones!

what will you do after FCing them all? squeezing?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo, awesome job on Tangled Up in Blue! And Aqualung, too, I guess. ;) That's one I know I'll have to eventually re-do for a better score, what with my awful OD usage on it, but eh.

I'm kinda surprised at your one trouble spot in Pinball Wizard..."I thought I was the Bally table king" is essentially "He's a pinball wizard, there has to be a twist" with fewer notes in it. If you can consistently hit one, you should be able to get the other too.

But yeah, get Pinball Wizard and the rest should be easy given what you already have. Gogogo!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that TUIB was the last song to you FC...

BTW, do NOT FC the last song with a easy one...I mean, easy for RB2 dots, not for you

jellyGHThread|jellyRBThread
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jellyalv
Xpertlefty13  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. You have the FGFC. Its right in front of YOU. NO!!! GRAB IT!!! ITS RUNNING AWAY!!!!

=P

Great job, hope you finish it up soon

2.9.10 - First Bass FSFC
3.20.10 - First to FGFC 3 instruments on RB2.
arvain  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wooooot !! you rock !!! TuiB sure is hard !! choking on the last phrase, haha that sucks, but glad you finally got it !! not many people have TuiB and OWoA as random FC instead of 83-84 x)

gogogogogo, almost there !!! (and glad i could help on Aqualung ^^)
IsLegend9  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.... seriously?! I'm jealous of the fact that I got three of those songs that you have left to FC on my sightread, yet I can't even GS OWoA or TuiB.

The fact that you've gotten this many FC's so quickly is scary

If you get the FGFC, it might inspire me a little more to grind out the last pack of FC's I need to get it myself.

Again, very nice!

EDIT: Also, because of this, I'm going to finally make my own accomplishment thread.

How do you get one of those? Divide by zero?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 12 of 39

Jump to: