FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Arrow all over!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoshNeff  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:07 am    Post subject: Arrow all over! Reply with quote

Anyone have the issue where for no reason the pitch arrow just goes apeship crazy bananas?

On In Bloom expert, I played the first lower part perfect, when it got higher even though I was on pitch the arrow just shot all over the bar... did this same results about 10 times.

A friend tried it, saem thing. Then for some reason I sang exactly the same, and it didn't jump around.

It was the weirdest thing... any advice?

[ ] 5/6 Star Expert Guitar (~125/137)
[x] finish expert drums
[x] FC DOA (with screaming correctly)
[x] expert vocals all beaten
[x] finish endless setlist (expert)
[x] 5* GGaHT
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Ant 612
Nickisimo  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happened to me with my original RB mic. It got to the point where I couldn't use it anymore so I bought the Logitech one. It's much better than the RB one ever was anyway.

Yours might not be broken though. Did you change the sensitivity at all?
JoshNeff  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I set it to max sensativity, since on lower sensativity I can't seem to hit squat.

I can't "sing" really well, but enough musical background that if I can't sing the right word on pitch, I can still hit with with a random noise. (beat expert last night).... I do best on holding notes, if I know where voice is, then its a piece of cake to hold it there...

this is why I don't understand why it gets bouncy....

to make it more interesting though, it's only on a few songs. In Bloom mainly, but I also realized it on the strokes song. Considering the songs, I started to think maybe it just goes haywire when you change octaves?

[ ] 5/6 Star Expert Guitar (~125/137)
[x] finish expert drums
[x] FC DOA (with screaming correctly)
[x] expert vocals all beaten
[x] finish endless setlist (expert)
[x] 5* GGaHT
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Ant 612
pmswedge  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your arrow is bouncing everywhere, I'd say you need to turn the sensitivity down because it's picking up ambient noise.

Turn it down lower and sing louder.

Or, you could have a busted mic. My roommate's mic seems to jump alot more than mine - maybe try using the headset mic (if you have one) for a bit? Though typically the headset mic is even more sensitive....

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to insist that this has nothing to do with the mic OR the background noise. I have had a) the exact same amount of background noise going on, and b) used the exact same sensitivity settings on multiple songs in a row. It is completely random that a song will experience the "crazy arrow" vocals phenomenon.

Here's something else - if you restart the song, you'll still have the problem - but if you exit to the world map, THEN restart it, it almost always fixes itself.

I say it's an intermittent bug - hopefully one that's patchable.
pmswedge  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've NEVER had that problem (barring having bad sensitivity settings), so I refuse to believe it's a bug in the game. I've played my fair share of vocals and I've never had anything like that issue.

I WILL believe that a faulty mic is the blame though, and that it seems to act up in a very coincidental manner.

Have you tried a different microphone? My KR mics work flawlessly - I never have any issues... maybe try one of those?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good point - I'll try my headset later, see if that works any better. Thanks.

I just find it strange that it will only act up for the duration of one song, the ENTIRE song, and be fine the next song (or after a complete exit / restart).

I don't know - I guess the scientific side of me thinks the controller (mic) would be to blame if the problem were intermittent, but it isn't. It's very specific, and occurs based on what happens in-game.

Eh - bottom line is, if you just concentrate on the pitches and sing well anyway, you can still squeeze by most of the time.
chute  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen this before, and I'd be willing to wager anyone else that's seen it owns a PS3. I have much less experience playing on the xbox so far, but I've seen it happen on two seperate PS3's.

I asked about this about a month and a half ago on the HMX forums, and it's assumed that it's some sort of PS3 hardware problem, possibly with the USB ports. It doesn't matter which mic you use, either. it happened to me the same day I got my new vantage. :/
bach741  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, thanks for the info, chute! **curses PS3** As I said, singing through it and ignoring the bounce still works, but it's pretty hard when you don't know exactly where your pitch is.
Evster  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My arrow is a bit array too at times. I have the standard RB mic. What is recommended sensitivity for it? Low, middle, high? In options it has 11 different levels.

And don't say get a new microphone, because I don't play vocals enough to buy one.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: follow the bouncing arrow... Reply with quote

I have to agree that its definitely the ps3 usb that is to blame...it happens on the orig mic, as well as on the premium one, albeit intermittently...and is always remedied by pausing the song, switching the port used, or quitting the song, and restarting it. It can be a bit unsettling when you are doing a band quickplay and easily ace a song one min, and then next barely make it through an easier one...sounds pretty lame to those unfamiliar with the problem when you are texting..."its not me..its my mic!!!"

Last edited by onezenchic on Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Billtvshow  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can confirm having played both that this happens only on PS3. I played the full PS3 version at Best Buy and on songs that had a naturally higher vocal pitch like I'm So Sick and Welcome Home, it was absolutely all over the place virtually the entire song, though it did register that I was singing it correctly. I thought maybe it was just a mic problem since it was used and abused so much at the store, but now I know what you guys are talking about.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Billtvshow
oren0  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evster wrote:
My arrow is a bit array too at times. I have the standard RB mic. What is recommended sensitivity for it? Low, middle, high? In options it has 11 different levels.

And don't say get a new microphone, because I don't play vocals enough to buy one.

Low, definitely low. I keep my sensitivity at 1-2 (the options being 0-10) depending on the song. Keep it as low as you can get it while it still registers notes and you don't have to scream to activate overdrive.
DeadmagiK  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this problem on occation .... Calibrating the system under options always fixes it. It seems to be kinda like when your guitar goes out of sync to the game.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bach741 wrote:
Awesome, thanks for the info, chute! **curses PS3** As I said, singing through it and ignoring the bounce still works, but it's pretty hard when you don't know exactly where your pitch is.

Yea singing and ignoring the meter works. But its hard to ignore that out of sinc you cant sing where the lines on the screen are. In multi song set lists it seems to clear up between songs most of the time ... but it really sucks on the last song of an 18 song set list when u dont know the song to well ... caused me lots of problems so far
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: