FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
A mobile scorehero?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mugofSNOW  

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: A mobile scorehero? Reply with quote

would it be out of the question to ask to make a mobile only version of scorehero?
Im posting this from my phone right now and it takes forever for my phone to load a page (and i have 3G). My phone reloads every page i visit 2-3 times and occasionally my phone automatically downloads a redirect link.
Idk why im posting this i think it would benefit.......me
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: o CupOfWater o
Graf  

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of phone are you using? I have an iPhone 2G and it works fine for me... there has been talk of a Blackberry or iPhone app for ScoreHero use such as Manage Scores, etc, but nothing for the forums. Try messing with your phone's settings and see if you can fix the reloading and redirecting, as it probably isn't a problem with ScoreHero itself, but rather with your phone.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graf wrote:
What kind of phone are you using? I have an iPhone 2G and it works fine for me... there has been talk of a Blackberry or iPhone app for ScoreHero use such as Manage Scores, etc, but nothing for the forums. Try messing with your phone's settings and see if you can fix the reloading and redirecting, as it probably isn't a problem with ScoreHero itself, but rather with your phone.

iphones and itouches have something called "real web browsing" which is basically, browsing the web like you would on a pc
im talking about mobile web browsing for the general phone, not an iphone, not an itouch, and not a smartphone, just a regular phone.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: o CupOfWater o
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on my knowledge of web design, I believe a mobile (xtremely low bandwidth) version would be doable..I personally like that idea. Just maybe a small independent "add score" page that doesnt need to display the whole list of songs. Even though my iphone will load the big page, I would like this for my iphone too.

And if there's anyone out there that could make an actual app, I would LOVE that. Would gladly pay for that one. Currently when I play RB Mobile I have to take screenshots and add scores later..with that I could add my scores immediately no matter where I was
mugofSNOW  

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah and i nobin version of the forums cause its pretty clustered on my phone and my screen is considered decent.

now i might have to create an app for the itouch that will do what you (above) just said
with scoreheros permission of course

OpenYourEyes  

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mugofSNOW wrote:
yeah and i nobin version of the forums cause its pretty clustered on my phone and my screen is considered decent.

now i might have to create an app for the itouch that will do what you (above) just said
with scoreheros permission of course

I remember that there was a thread like this on the GH side about a year ago. Somebody had started on an app that did scores, but I think it died away. JCirri said it was fine if I remember correctly.
Set all the tax rates to 9.
IndestructibleSD  

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if there's an easier way to browse the forums, but I know there's an App-esque site that someone made for entering scores easily from an iPhone or iTouch.

http://www.rockstats.com/iPhone/#home
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: