FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
12/23 DLC: Holiday 3 pack + Foo Fighters 3 pack
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chipz  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More Foo Fighters is always good. Their charts might not be the most technically demanding but *shock horror* their music is great to listen to

Headbang  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be picking this up. I like the Foo Fighters.
OpenYourEyes  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOLY ASS, FOO FIGHTERS.

Times Like These is their best song. YES.
Set all the tax rates to 9.
theGHwarrior  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's a lot of FF we're getting.
Not like it's a bad thing of course...
ARobb  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I like the Foo Fighters, but wow I'm starting to get tired of them now.

The holiday songs are win though. Always a big fan of Christmas songs and the like. I might just get these for the sake of Christmas spirit
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ARobbSH
tidus  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, there's never too much Foo Fighters

I wouldn't mind if more packs of a same band pop in, IMO that's definitively better than seeing HMX fill the DLC library with tier 6 songs every time, eventually making the game tending to frustration instead of fun.

Can't wait to see another GH vs. RB comparison! Also, at this rhythm, we can futurely see some philosophy saying that nearly 90% of the rock bands don't belong to GH or RB and subsequently don't deserve to have their songs played on a plastic instrument. C'mon, at least FF is doing much better than some bands which insist on the stupidity to refuse to give their songs to a game.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Catalanowned  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, I was looking through my setlist and even with this 3-pack, the RHCP still have them beat by 3 songs.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chipz wrote:
More Foo Fighters is always good. Their charts might not be the most technically demanding but *shock horror* their music is great to listen to

That's an opinion that not everyone shares. What can be objectively assessed is the complexity of 2 / 4 of the instruments in their songs tends to be decidedly lacking. As such, I do not think we need this much of them in Rock Band.
hiddenzombie013  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catalanowned wrote:
Heh, I was looking through my setlist and even with this 3-pack, the RHCP still have them beat by 3 songs.

This is almost correct. RHCP has 20, AC/DC has 19, and FF will have 18 on Tuesday (The Colour and the Shape, this 3-pack, and Learn to Fly). So RHCP beats them by 2.

Some more random fun facts:

Both the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Motley Crue not only have three songs from their latest album, but later received one of their older albums in the game. The only difference is that RHCP appeared on both RB games, while MC appeared on neither RB.

Also, only a few bands are spreading out their songs between their albums. Foo Fighters have songs from 5 different albums (out of 18 songs). Nine Inch Nails have songs from 6 different albums (out of 7). Metallica has songs from 4 different albums (out of 5), as does Rush (out of 10, not counting covers). The Who is the reigning champ, with songs from 8 different albums (out of 14). So it seems that out of the songs they have, Nine Inch Nails has the most variety, followed by Metallica, The Who, Rush, and then Foo Fighters.

Hope somebody finds this useful.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: hiddenzombie013 PSN Name: hiddenzombie013
Catalanowned  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hiddenzombie013 wrote:
Catalanowned wrote:

This is almost correct. RHCP has 20, AC/DC has 19, and FF will have 18 on Tuesday (The Colour and the Shape, this 3-pack, and Learn to Fly). So RHCP beats them by 2.

Both the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Motley Crue not only have three songs from their latest album, but later received one of their older albums in the game. The only difference is that RHCP appeared on both RB games, while MC appeared on neither RB.

Also, only a few bands are spreading out their songs between their albums. Foo Fighters have songs from 5 different albums (out of 18 songs). Nine Inch Nails have songs from 6 different albums (out of 7). Metallica has songs from 4 different albums (out of 5), as does Rush (out of 10, not counting covers). The Who is the reigning champ, with songs from 8 different albums (out of 14). So it seems that out of the songs they have, Nine Inch Nails has the most variety, followed by Metallica, The Who, Rush, and then Foo Fighters.

13 + 3 + 1 = 17

=p
Alakaiser  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catalanowned wrote:
hiddenzombie013 wrote:
Catalanowned wrote:

13 + 3 + 1 = 17

=p

You're forgetting either Learn to Fly or Everlong.

EDIT: Presumably Everlong since you have The Colour and the Shape as having 13 songs.

(typos)

Want to see totally exciting updates in my life in 140 characters or less? Check out my Twitter!
hiddenzombie013  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alakaiser wrote:
Catalanowned wrote:
hiddenzombie013 wrote:
Catalanowned wrote:

13 + 3 + 1 = 17

=p

EDIT: Presumably Everlong since you have The Colour and the Shape as having 13 songs.

(typos)

Actually, I think he is right. I did my math wrong. CAS has 13 songs. For some reason I thought he forgot Learn to Fly, but I guess not.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: hiddenzombie013 PSN Name: hiddenzombie013
Catalanowned  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alakaiser wrote:
Catalanowned wrote:
hiddenzombie013 wrote:
Catalanowned wrote:

13 + 3 + 1 = 17

=p

(typos)

Um, TCATS does have 13 songs.
Alakaiser  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>_<

Carry on. Stupid extra track in my library.

EDIT: As good of time as any to mention that you folks should pick up the reissue of that album with the extra tracks from the Japanese (?) release and what. They're really good (and I thought "The Colour and the Shape" was part of the original release, because I'm a big giant doo-doo head)

Want to see totally exciting updates in my life in 140 characters or less? Check out my Twitter!

Last edited by Alakaiser on Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
stxbomber191  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alakaiser wrote:
>_<

Carry on. Stupid extra track in my library.

Oh no he didn't!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 19 of 23

Jump to: