FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Quick Reference for RB1 Overdrive Paths (On-Disc, 360/PS3)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BowlZ  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im too tired to FC this damn thing anymore tonight. 0-0-0-2 seems to be roughly the same base score as 2-0-2 but with the extra squeeze +backend sqz opportunity judging by the 20 note differential between Jav and I im guessing this is what he used.

my -3 score was 227k range thats roughly 4500points for 3 errors plus i cant squeeze like him. i think its safe to say 0002 is best

''First Ever'' is needlessly redundant and its never acceptable to use more than 3 exclamation points...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BowlZ
EaterOfCheese  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ HoorayItsMike: Yep, check it out, you're right. The bpm is too fast for that first activation to come up, something I didn't know when I initially went to find all of the squeezes. It's fixed now. Keep up the good work

@ BowlZ: Man, I don't even wanna touch this one. I put it into a spreadsheet, but there's just so many things I don't really understand... Like how you ended up with 1/4 OD taking the 2-0-1 path O.o... looks to me like it should be the best. Maybe Constable can take another look at it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BowlZ wrote:
im too tired to FC this damn thing anymore tonight. 0-0-0-2 seems to be roughly the same base score as 2-0-2 but with the extra squeeze +backend sqz opportunity judging by the 20 note differential between Jav and I im guessing this is what he used.

my -3 score was 227k range thats roughly 4500points for 3 errors plus i cant squeeze like him. i think its safe to say 0002 is best

I am quite sure I used a path from the OD forum where I had a full bar of OD before first activation, I haven't played this song since I got that score, so maybe I'll take a look at it tomorrow or saturday and see what I can find out.
EaterOfCheese  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok BowlZ... I just checked out Gurnkiller's Epic FC on YouTube, and he uses a 2-0-1 pattern... and doesn't end up with 1/4 overdrive. Are you sure you skipped one at the very end?

However, knowing this works, it looks like that's the best path by a bit. You don't really get much by skipping an extra fill at the end. I'll change it to 2-0-1 for now, unless 0-0-0-2 is better... which I highly doubt. But it could be, in practice.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe i didnt, i dont know. I couldve sworn I skipped 1 but i was dead tired and might have spaced.

''First Ever'' is needlessly redundant and its never acceptable to use more than 3 exclamation points...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BowlZ
Constable  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BowlZ wrote:

i just FC'ed epic 2-0-2 with bass squeezing and im 3000 off of first. Ill try 2-0-1

EDIT: i ended with extra od with 2 0 1. why am i so off first then??

Javman's NS is 1803. did he go 0002? and get the points off the squeezes?

I made this video several days ago. Without a single squeeze with 2 0 1, it was 233,275 with NS 1799. Adding the 6 squeezes (bass+green x 3), NS would "ideally" be 1805. The most I've gotten on this song NS-wise was 1804.
Constable  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tested both WYWY paths, and the funny thing is, both will yield the exact same score! The only difference is the NS between the two. Without squeeze, 0 1 1 came down to 1374 NS, while 1 0 2 gave a NS of 1349. Both have 6 squeeze notes, and will yield a max score of 169,675! Should I post both paths onto one video?

Oh! And if anyone needs a little guide/video blerb on drum squeezes, please watch this video. It took me a little while to edit, and it covers almost everything about drum squeezes. I didn't delve too much into back-end squeezing >.<
EaterOfCheese  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After playing them both, I personally find 1-0-2 much easier. The first skip covers one of those RYBBG things and those fills after the break are really weird, iunno why... maybe because I usually never see them xD.

But anyways Constable, thanks for figuring that out. I'll make a note about that in the OP.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can confirm that the paths and squeezes are perfect for all the following songs:

I Think I'm Paranoid
Mississippi Queen
Here It Goes Again
I'm So Sick
Sabotage

I either tied for first (damn Javman lol) or got extremely close due to a BRE.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I've been working on a program that determines optimal path(s) automatically. Would you folks be interested in the results?

Or is doing this by hand where all the fun's at?
KEFIOX  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dab24601 wrote:
Hi,

I've been working on a program that determines optimal path(s) automatically. Would you folks be interested in the results?

Or is doing this by hand where all the fun's at?

Care to elaborate?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure. Here's a couple of samples of the output...

Code:
Song             Level   Notes  Score   Path
electricversion  expert  1593   192675  0/OG - 2/OB - 0/OB - 0/OG
electricversion  expert  1574   192575  0/OG - 2/OB - 1/OB - 0/OB

Code:
Song             Level   Notes  Score   Path   
electricversion  expert  1593   192675  0/OG - 2/OB - 0/OB - 0/OG
electricversion  hard    1319   161975  0/OG - 2/OB - 1/OB - 0/OB
electricversion  medium  860    103275  0/OG - 0/OG - 1/O - 0/OG
electricversion  easy    560    67475   0/G - 1/B - 1/NS - 0/G   
electricversion  easy    554    67475   0/G - 1/B - 1/NS - 1/G
KEFIOX  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely interesting. How exactly does it work?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It reads the .mid file and creates a decision tree representing all the possible OD paths. It then calculates the FC score for each path and prints out the path(s) with the highest score.

Basically, it does what you folks have been doing here, except it automates the process.
BowlZ  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

run it on dead on arrival, i refuse to believe all immediate (except for the one skip b4 the bass notes) is the path, im just not good (patient) enough to play around with it

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 7 of 15

Jump to: