FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
DVD9 to DVD5 RIPKIT AVAILABLE
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
elemenohpe  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this will def be a helpful utility for customs when that becomes a reality. i'm anxiously waiting for the day that happens. no dlc is such a bummer.
[X] Complete GH:WT Guitar career on Expert
[50%] Complete GH:WT Drum career on Expert
[X] Complete GH:WT Bass career on Expert
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 7030206393912895
Ihatecompvir  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked em'
I told them to PM me on EXACTLY How they did it, so I'll post the PM when they send it, if they even will.
eraserhead  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GameZelda wrote:
In the case that it works (some comments say that it works), I'm more interested to know what method have they used to modify the HDR file. They say thanks to the PCSX2 team, so I suppose that they have obtained some info from it

Ihatecompvir wrote:
I asked em'
I told them to PM me on EXACTLY How they did it, so I'll post the PM when they send it, if they even will.

well, a little research on the same forums gave me this:
http://www.alucard.cc/forums/index.php?topic=1465.0

looks like that's the development thread that led to the actual release of the ripkit.
i'm a total noob at the things those guys discuss in that thread, as my skills are limited to run-ghex-replace-song-build-iso, but you guys actually can get some important info from it

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Just decrypted the HDR file (well not really, I used PCSX2 to get the unencrypted HDR and tried XOR'ing it to see if I could make changes to the table and it worked). I'm planning on downsampling all the videos and releasing a kit that will downsample with Xdelta, so the ripkit might be massive.

Ahh, GameZelda, you can hack Milo's, make GH3 customs possible but didn't think of this (but he did get the decrypted one from the Dump)
If he can make a tool to decrypt it, then we can get Customs Working.
We're closer than ever to them, now with DVD5 support (no DVD9), ability to hack the HDR, and MID Knowledge, we just need to put them in.
Also, after looking at the Decrypted HDR, I *might* be able to add songs to GH2, because the 2nd part of the HDR's for GH2 and RB are the same.
So, we definently know the HDR is NOT the reason we can't add.
I think
chirch53  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any chance someone could upload these files to a different site?
i don't have a rapid share account, so i can only download 1 file every 2 hours.
GameZelda  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chirch53 wrote:
i don't have a rapid share account, so i can only download 1 file every 2 hours.

If you have dynamic IP, just clean your cookies (in the web browser), restart your router, then you can download again.

GH:WT-PS2 Customization Progress
[100%] Make it work (w/songs loading) in a DVD5 (thanks psychospacefish!)
[100%] Modify audio (Finally done 25/11/2008)
[100%] Modify charts (Done 26/11/2008! Customs finally )
kevnin  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GameZelda wrote:
chirch53 wrote:

If you have dynamic IP, just clean your cookies (in the web browser), restart your router, then you can download again.

university network here... not really an option.

i found a torrent for it though.
Clingker  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you find the torrent. I'm sure other people would like to know, so they don't have to use rapidshare to download the files.
TheGlow  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psychospacefish rocks. I get a bunch of psp rips from that guy.
When its not a simple replace files with 0s he comes in and releases one of them progs to auto rip the crap out of it.
Dont need a dvd5 of this but good to know its on the market.
kevnin  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone else that's toyed around with it find it interesting how this seems to work?

It splits the first four arks (0-3) into two pieces each, then seemingly _replaces_ the videos, then pastes the 9 smaller ark files into two arks.

I'm not sure it's actually touching the audio at all. So, while this is useful in that customs will be possible for more people (and cheaper disks too!) I'm not sure how much closer this gets us in terms of the audio...

of course, i'm not exactly an expert.

edit:

i was hoping that it actually downsampled the videos during the process (which WOULD take forever, but would maybe give more insight into the audio)
eraserhead  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevnin wrote:
It splits the first four arks (0-3) into two pieces each, then seemingly _replaces_ the videos, then pastes the 9 smaller ark files into two arks.

it actually downsamples the vids, patching each of the nine "sub-ark's", then rebuilds all of them in just an ark0 and ark1.

btw the ripkit does its thing exactly like it should, i'm playing my full rockband backup without any flaw. it's just SLOW as hell.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eraserhead wrote:
kevnin wrote:

it actually downsamples the vids, patching each of the nine "sub-ark's", then rebuilds all of them in just an ark0 and ark1.

btw the ripkit does its thing exactly like it should, i'm playing my full rockband backup without any flaw. it's just SLOW as hell.

are you sure?

what's the point of the 90-110 meg patch files then? did you look at the batch file?

and what's slow about the backup? load times?
psychospacefish  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This kit doesn't change the audio at all. The audio is encrypted and my method for changing the encrypted HDR file won't work with changing audio streams, so this won't provide any help with making customs.

As for the reason the kit is so massive, it's because Xdelta basically notes where to delete data and where to insert/replace new data, and then stores all this information and the new data in the patch file. Hence, the patch file size around the same size as the downsampled video streams.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: