FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RB3Maker: easy .rba to XBox 360 customs (Jan02: 2.1.0.80 beta)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
inimitable  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried it, worked perfectly the first time using 1.3.0.43 (and my album art works fine too).

Then when I made a couple modifications to my chart, and tried to start it a second time, I got an error when I tried to run the application. It says "You cannot start application RB3Maker from this location because it is already installed from a different location." (Here are the details) I solved this by moving it back to the original location I installed it from, but it this really necessary? How can I uninstall/move it?

That issue aside, it's a great program and THANK YOU so much for your work.

Newest custom chart: Avantasia - The Tower (RB3 Full Band)
psymatiq  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

checked the con thru le fluffie and there are no png_xbox file in there only the milo under the gen folder. Yet file icon is the picture i used for album art... wierd. Its 24 bit bmp right ?

Okay injected the png_xbox into the con file and fixed it up with le fluffie and now it works.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inimitable wrote:
I solved this by moving it back to the original location I installed it from, but it this really necessary? How can I uninstall/move it?

This new "ClickOnce" .NET installation stuff is really weird. It installs it to the user's application cache, and you can't move it, period. You can uninstall it with the control panel uninstaller.

ClickOnce is the only publishing option you get with the lowly free version of Visual C# Express. If anyone wants to buy me a full copy, I'll be happy to make a more conventional .msi installer. Or if you're lucky enough to have the full version, you can download the source and build it yourself!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psymatiq wrote:
checked the con thru le fluffie and there are no png_xbox file in there only the milo under the gen folder. Yet file icon is the picture i used for album art... wierd. Its 24 bit bmp right ?

<songname>.bmp should be 256x256, 24-bit.

If RB3Maker wouldn't create a .png_xbox file in your song folder, please copy the log window and send it to me via PM.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technicolor wrote:
inimitable wrote:
I solved this by moving it back to the original location I installed it from, but it this really necessary? How can I uninstall/move it?

This new "ClickOnce" .NET installation stuff is really weird. It installs it to the user's application cache, and you can't move it, period. You can uninstall it with the control panel uninstaller.

ClickOnce is the only publishing option you get with the lowly free version of Visual C# Express. If anyone wants to buy me a full copy, I'll be happy to make a more conventional .msi installer. Or if you're lucky enough to have the full version, you can download the source and build it yourself!

All you do is right click the application in the place you installed it from, click "Create Shortcut" and you can put the app wherever you want =P
http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34918
TAxxOUTBR3AKxx  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvinC wrote:
Technicolor wrote:
inimitable wrote:

All you do is right click the application in the place you installed it from, click "Create Shortcut" and you can put the app wherever you want =P

This lol. I have all my RB .mids in one folder, my completed Customs in another, programs in a 3rd, and all those are within a folder on my Desktop. So mine doesn't really need moved, it's all consolidated anyways :P
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Co2 Outbr3ak
Confury  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to post in here saying thanks for making this program! It's a LOT easier than using a bunch of programs and hoping you got it right after countless attempts. I gave up and decided to wait for someone to make a program that would just put all the steps into one, and here it is =D

Also, I have a question. Is there a way to just select a single RBA file to convert into a CON rather than making sure that RBA is in a folder with no other RBA's? It's not too big of a hassle to move around my RBA files to do that, but it seems kinda unnecessary.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
TAxxOUTBR3AKxx  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confury wrote:
Just wanted to post in here saying thanks for making this program! It's a LOT easier than using a bunch of programs and hoping you got it right after countless attempts. I gave up and decided to wait for someone to make a program that would just put all the steps into one, and here it is =D

Also, I have a question. Is there a way to just select a single RBA file to convert into a CON rather than making sure that RBA is in a folder with no other RBA's? It's not too big of a hassle to move around my RBA files to do that, but it seems kinda unnecessary.

Just keep all your RBAs in one place and the one you want converted say on your Desktop. It's not really that hard. Besides, I just delete my RBAs once they convert to their respectable .con files. Honestly, I don't really see a need to keep them at that point.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Co2 Outbr3ak
Technicolor  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confury wrote:
Is there a way to just select a single RBA file to convert into a CON rather than making sure that RBA is in a folder with no other RBA's? It's not too big of a hassle to move around my RBA files to do that, but it seems kinda unnecessary.

That's true. I really designed it with working on the Reaper/Magma/RB3Maker/Modio loop in mind. Here's why I didn't do it that way: once I accidentally clicked "File / Clean current project directory" in Reaper.
(insert anguished scream here)
Now, imagine if you did that when EVERY CUSTOM YOU HAD WAS IN THE SAME FOLDER... ouch. So I didn't do that.

Bonus question #2 no one has asked... if you use RB3Maker to do just an upgrade package, you end up with a sort of icky name. For example:
Cake - The Distance (from songs.dta - looks great)
thedistance - pro upgrade (from upgrades.dta - doesn't match the root song very well)

So... what if I just look for songs.dta in the same folder, pull out the full artist and song name, and apply that to the upgrade package? Seems like a good bet. Thoughts?

Last edited by Technicolor on Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Technicolor  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAxxOUTBR3AKxx wrote:
Besides, I just delete my RBAs once they convert to their respectable .con files. Honestly, I don't really see a need to keep them at that point.

There will be even less reason once I finish my next mad project.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technicolor wrote:
TAxxOUTBR3AKxx wrote:
Besides, I just delete my RBAs once they convert to their respectable .con files. Honestly, I don't really see a need to keep them at that point.

wut
TAxxOUTBR3AKxx  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technicolor wrote:
TAxxOUTBR3AKxx wrote:

Honestly, your program works very well with no issues that I can seem to find. The only thing that you could do to even make it more useful is eliminating the use of Le Fluffie altogether.

Why would I need that? Well, if I need to adjust audio or notes in the chart to fit correctly after it's packaged, you'd have to unpackage the entire thing with LeFluffie to get the files you want to edit, then edit, and repackage as Full Song with RB3 Maker. Eliminate a hassle by having an option to extract files of an RB3 .con and then the ability to overwrite an existing file/files in the package and have it automatically repackage/unlock/fix like it does now.

^This would make sense to make it a single-use program. As the only other program you'd need is Modio to move it to the Flashdrive. I'm not saying you should do this, but it's the only thing I could think of that could even be considered an improvement on an already near-flawless program.
Technicolor  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAxxOUTBR3AKxx wrote:
Honestly, your program works very well with no issues that I can seem to find. The only thing that you could do to even make it more useful is eliminating the use of Le Fluffie altogether.

Yes yes, spoiler alert: that's the plan on the back end.

Quote:
Well, if I need to adjust audio or notes in the chart to fit correctly after it's packaged, you'd have to unpackage the entire thing with LeFluffie to get the files you want to edit, then edit, and repackage as Full Song with RB3 Maker. Eliminate a hassle by having an option to extract files of an RB3 .con and then the ability to overwrite an existing file/files in the package and have it automatically repackage/unlock/fix like it does now.

My front end vision is different. The Rules prevent us from sharing an rb3con, because it contains album art and audio.

The Rules don't prevent what I have in mind - we could share a format that doesn't include those.

Yes, you'll have to keep another file or two around, but it'll be worth it.

And if the whole thing isn't one click, it'll be damn close.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technicolor wrote:
TAxxOUTBR3AKxx wrote:

Yes yes, spoiler alert: that's the plan on the back end.

Quote:
Well, if I need to adjust audio or notes in the chart to fit correctly after it's packaged, you'd have to unpackage the entire thing with LeFluffie to get the files you want to edit, then edit, and repackage as Full Song with RB3 Maker. Eliminate a hassle by having an option to extract files of an RB3 .con and then the ability to overwrite an existing file/files in the package and have it automatically repackage/unlock/fix like it does now.

My front end vision is different. The Rules prevent us from sharing an rb3con, because it contains album art and audio.

The Rules don't prevent what I have in mind - we could share a format that doesn't include those.

Yes, you'll have to keep another file or two around, but it'll be worth it.

Yes, I remember now from the other thread, you mentioned fingerprint data, and that is a fascinating idea. But how would it differentiate the music? There's so many versions of songs and some could have silence or no silence because of iPods and could be of varying bitrates, etc. How in the world you'd go about doing it all is beyond me, but good luck with doing all your deliciously wonderful magic
Technicolor  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAxxOUTBR3AKxx wrote:
Yes, I remember now from the other thread, you mentioned fingerprint data, and that is a fascinating idea. But how would it differentiate the music? There's so many versions of songs and some could have silence or no silence because of iPods and could be of varying bitrates, etc. How in the world you'd go about doing it all is beyond me, but good luck with doing all your deliciously wonderful magic

If it can't get an almost perfect match by just sliding the tracks a few seconds one way or the other, then it'll throw up a rather severe warning - at that point it'll be up to you to make sure it actually lines up, perhaps by resampling in Audacity, or perhaps you'd then notice it was a live vs. studio version, etc.

I did a few experiments based on duplicates in my own library. I have faith it'll work between Amazon/iTunes/CD rips. It's a lost cause when something is ripped from vinyl, because of the subtle timing differences. Even a tiny speed variation adds up to hundreds of milliseconds by the end of a 4 minute song.

Different performances of the same song will just never ever work, outside of pure electronica.

Another advantage of this approach will be the ability to include a count-in (as a separate audio file).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 2 of 15

Jump to: