FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
7/26 DLC: Yes!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TensionSpree  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a very good deal. If it's the album versions, it's around 39-40 minutes of gameplay for like 6-7$ or something.

Charts will be good I'm sure. I'm unfamiliar with most of the pack. Guess it'll be a complete surprise when I get it in the future.

Recent FCs: Man In The Box (Guitar)

Will not remove this in my signature until "Unholy Confessions" by Avenged Sevenfold is added to Rock Band DLC.
Started: July 31st, 2010
Still don't wanna remove it! Happy it's here, though!
EinsteinSL  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not super into Yes but I'm very happy for the prog guys here.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Heart of the Sunrise should be about 10:30 since they won't include the We Have Heaven coda.

You sure? I'd LOVE to have it. Harmonies omg.
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blitzbob wrote:
Quote:
Heart of the Sunrise should be about 10:30 since they won't include the We Have Heaven coda.

I am guessing, really, and I like that part too, but I think it's considered to be part of the "Fragile album as a whole" and not that song. On compilations it's generally left out, when they play it live they don't play that bit at the end, it has no real relationship with the rest of the song, etc.
LyokoFreaks  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
blitzbob wrote:
Quote:

I am guessing, really, and I like that part too, but I think it's considered to be part of the "Fragile album as a whole" and not that song. On compilations it's generally left out, when they play it live they don't play that bit at the end, it has no real relationship with the rest of the song, etc.

It'll probably end up being like the situation with Black Magic Woman by Santana where they cut out the Gypsy Queen outro.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LyokoFreaks
RustyWaffle  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEART
OF
THE
MOTHER
FUCKING
SUNRISE

OMGOMGOMG IT'S CHRISTMAS

My Drum Covers (Most recent: Muse - Stockholm Syndrome)
ShadoWolf wrote:
HellAshes wrote:
Everyone hates Nihilanth. I enjoyed making that guitar chart. D:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swaggest pack of all the swag packs.

If we get Long Distance and Close to the Edge, that'll be all the Yes I'll ever need in RB.

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
BathTub  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely Owner of a Lonely Heart, on the fence for the rest of the pack.
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silly wrote:
Aw, was hoping for Long Distance Runaround.

drummers will have fun this week

This in its entirity.

If you can't guess what my reaction to this was going to be, you obviously haven't seen my love for all things prog (re: Ayreon, Symphony X, Shadow Gallery) in my sig.

FUCK YEAH...IT'S YES!

Last edited by krisdaschwab912 on Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Emptyeye  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CyberRaiza wrote:

Though I don't understand why people call like Heart of the Sunrise a deep cut :/ I always thought it was one of their more popular, same with South Side of the Sky, Fragile is an incredibly well known album even outside of prog fans.

This, pretty much. Yeah, they're long, and not really radio singles or anything, but Fragile was the first Yes album I owned, those tracks are on basically all of their compilations, Fragile made them superstars in the US (The Yes Album filled that role in most of the rest of the world), etc.

Still awesome, though, don't get me wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

asdfghjkl;

I just saw Yes on Wednesday and was thinking about how awesome it would be if we got more of them as DLC. Wish motherfucking granted. I'm not even a vocalist at all and I can't wait for ISAGP, and ... well, everything else. Best week in quite some time.

Although I would have loved to see another pack with Styx, like a while back when they released the Styx/REO Speedwagon tracks in support of the tour. Since Yes and Styx are together this summer, it would have made sense. Come Sail Away (oh god the keys), Lorelei, and Grand Illusion? Ohhhh yeah. That would be incredible.
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I hope the April Fool's joke is expertwin becoming a mod

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
nextlevel88 wrote:
Even in the realm of prog, Yes is "out there" and certainly an acquired taste.

In the realm of prog, Yes is one of the two or three bands that define the genre. That's like saying in the realm of punk, the Sex Pistols are an acquired taste.

Mind you I find a lot of current "prog" quite formulaic and safe, so maybe we're looking at the same situation in different ways.

I don't know how to explain my opinions of prog without sounding like a lunatic or just flat-out contradicting myself all over the place. Let's just say my preference for this sort of thing leans far more towards the psychedelic and Krautrock end of the spectrum. Get me some Amon Duul (either of them) in RB and I'll be as excited as anyone in this topic... although I'm pretty sure I'll be alone on that.

That said: I like King Crimson.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
GanonMetroid  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
That said: I like King Crimson.

Same drummer.

(usually)

Videos. Guitar Hero accomplishments. Rock Band accomplishments. GH customs.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv Ganon PSN Name: PanOfMopsicle ICQ Number
Bront  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this1neguy wrote:
asdfghjkl;

I just saw Yes on Wednesday and was thinking about how awesome it would be if we got more of them as DLC. Wish motherfucking granted. I'm not even a vocalist at all and I can't wait for ISAGP, and ... well, everything else. Best week in quite some time.

Although I would have loved to see another pack with Styx, like a while back when they released the Styx/REO Speedwagon tracks in support of the tour. Since Yes and Styx are together this summer, it would have made sense. Come Sail Away (oh god the keys), Lorelei, and Grand Illusion? Ohhhh yeah. That would be incredible.
Styx is still touring with REO too. They were both at a festival I was at on the 4th.

Songs: Just over 1000.
Abomstar  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
I don't know how to explain my opinions of prog without sounding like a lunatic or just flat-out contradicting myself all over the place. Let's just say my preference for this sort of thing leans far more towards the psychedelic and Krautrock end of the spectrum.

Yeah (like Yes, if they were less PRETENTIOUS?!?), it's definitely understandable that someone would like King Crimson and not Yes. Yes leans way out on the emotional/spiritual/whimsical edge of prog that can tend to make people uncomfortable. A lot of their contemporaries and imitators were less-creative boneheads who perpetuated the pomposity and self-indulgence that prog is often criticized for.

Yes, with their lengthy concept albums like Tales From Topographic Oceans, are frequently lumped into that, but when I listen to them I don't necessarily hear it. The distinction is that Yes had true songwriting prowess ("...All Good People", for instance, is just beautiful), and even when they turned to every-instrument-playing-in-a-different-time-signature jamming, it never felt bogged down or pointless. They're always very melodically uplifting and brisk while still having an impressive depth of sound, true to the spirit of music that is not posturing to be cool or afraid to be technically adventurous.

I'm not trying to argue or change your mind with this post, I just wanted an excuse to talk about Yes some because this pack is going to be amazing. Just gets me kind of annoyed when some Velvet Underground or Neutral Milk Hotel-worshipping art snob (not you) makes a blanket statement against prog using Yes as a prime example. Sure, you can use that entire book of arguments against Dream Theater, but Yes? No! (joke still funny the 1000th time)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: