FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
5/31 DLC: Ozzy Osbourne 8-Pack!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FyreWulff  

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:
Hmm, probably going to ignore it, then. I know I should know more Ozzy songs like that, but even so, all I want is BatM. Forget this, then.

Wonder if for certain big-name artists, if Harmonix is experimenting with packing bonus songs with the pack at first, then releasing the bonus songs later down the road as singles?

I mean, this does seem like a big experiment by Harmonix. I don't think they'd try this with a musician that wasn't as big as Ozzy.
Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's sort of annoying to see Harmonix take this approach, but it probably makes sense from a business standpoint. Anyway, it's hard to complain because I'm probably falling for it: I probably would have cherry picked, but now I'm expecting to buy the whole pack because I really want Bark at the Moon and expect some of the other stuff to still be pretty fun too. I can easily imagine packs where I'd skip it when I would have bought the exclusives, though.

I'm hoping they eventually release the last two as singles. I definitely don't have a problem with timed pack exclusives, but permanent ones could be annoying.
ilblud91  

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They could not offer them as singles for all I care. The only one I really don't care anything for is Mama I'm Coming Home, and I'd have got it with the pack anyways.

Do we have any sort of confirmation on the last 4 songs?
BathTub  

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ilblud91 wrote:
They could not offer them as singles for all I care. The only one I really don't care anything for is Mama I'm Coming Home, and I'd have got it with the pack anyways.

Do we have any sort of confirmation on the last 4 songs?

Well I would say it's reasonably safe to say it was just confirmed, when HMX confirms the odder part of the sources information (the pack exclusivity) the more mundane detail of which songs is almost certainly correct.

I hope it's just a limited time exclusivity. Seems an iffy road to go down otherwise.
johnnyhala  

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am extremely disappointed in this "pack only" gimmick. I could not have been more excited for any Ozzy song than I am for Bark at the Moon, and that is why they did this. I always felt like Harmonix has treated their fair enough, but this is... simply put... not cool.

I will be voting with my wallet, and not purchasing.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, if this turns out to be true... fuck that.
BathTub  

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobo111 wrote:
Yeah, if this turns out to be true... fuck that.

HMXHenry has confirmed it.
fUNC  

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Exciting to be able to experiment with this kind of DLC bundling" is not the way I would put that, Henry. If, by some unforseen force of nature, it allows you access to tracks that you otherwise wouldn't get I understand it, but screwing with your business model to do it at the expense of a feature your customers expect seems like a bad move.

/Still buying the whole pack

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
Bront  

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fUNC wrote:
"Exciting to be able to experiment with this kind of DLC bundling" is not the way I would put that, Henry. If, by some unforseen force of nature, it allows you access to tracks that you otherwise wouldn't get I understand it, but screwing with your business model to do it at the expense of a feature your customers expect seems like a bad move.

/Still buying the whole pack
I'll wait till pricing is announced before I judge. The pack may end up more generously discounted, or pro upgrades might come free in the pack. Mr. Crowley is the only song that interests me off the top of my head anyway, but I always try to listen to them all before I decide.

Songs: Just over 1000.
urikobb3  

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanted BatM since RB1 (until then I'd just hit up GH1 if I wanted to play it). The fact it's only in the full pack is really disappointing though. As much as I like Ozzy, I don't know if I can justify buying the full pack when all I really wanted was Bark at the Moon.

Guess I'll wait to see charts. Really hope this isn't going to be a common thing now (particularly if some of the 'big-hitter' songs will be pack only).
ManfredvonKarma  

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm... guess it's a good thing that I decided that I didn't like BatM enough to get it anyway. I'll probably only pick up Mr. Crowley.

Also... maybe we'll get some singles alongside this. I think there's still a leaked track or two that hasn't surfaced.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind that they've stressed this as being an experiment. So don't assume it's a common thing.

Remember how they experimented with "RB3 Versions" of older DLC, and when enough people threw hissy fits about the whole idea they said "okay, okay, we're gonna go back and find a better way to do this?"

Yeah. When HMX says they're "experimenting" I'm inclined to believe it's actually an experiment, and not standard practice from here on out.
EinsteinSL  

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God damn this is a good pack.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fired up for five of these, and someone'll want to play at least two of the others. Sounds like a purchase (after I catch up on everything else) to me.
Perre  

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only reason they would be experimenting is to see if they can make even more money, if people buy this pack we can expect to see more of this bullshit in the future.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: