FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
5/23 DLC: Lady Gaga, Foreigner, 2 Pro Updates!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PlatStrat  

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Telephone = Disappoint but I'll still get the pack. Hot blooded is a buy and since Urgent has Pro-tar I might as well get that too. God my wallet's going feel some pain once the PS store gets back up.
bclare  

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny how the first gaga pack came out and a lot of people complained about it, and now this pack (at least on SH) it seems like more people are complaining about the specific song choices.

Anyway, I'll definitely pick up Hot Blooded, maybe Gaga pack, and probably pro upgrades. Good to see more of those.
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
Funny how the first gaga pack came out and a lot of people complained about it, and now this pack (at least on SH) it seems like more people are complaining about the specific song choices.

Well, the only reason I wasn't more negative on the Lady Gaga DLC is because I have this massive hatred for Hot Blooded. I can't explain it, but it's just there. With that said, I hate these Gaga songs (especially LoveGame and Born This Way) way more than most of the first songs. I hate Poker Face, but I still have never heard/listened to the entirity of Just Dance and Monster. Bad Romance is ok with me, although I vastly prefer the mashup version with Behemoth.

But really, with all this money HMX will be making from the Gaga DLC, I'd be able to get the rights to virtually everything I could ever ask for from Rock Band. And quite frankly, I deserve it.
espher  

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtsdeathreaper wrote:
Best month of DLC IMO

This. And it's a pretty goddamn good month.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
DSavior  

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of people will agree that Gaga will rake in some serious money for HMX.

That being said, definitely getting everything this week, pro upgrades and all.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: DSavior808 PSN Name: DSavior
JOE2210  

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't actually remember that big of a hatetrain for the first Gaga pack, actually.
Quite a lot of people were really excited for it, if I remember rightly.

On the point of Telephone, I've read that Beyonce is REALLY snippy when it comes to licensing of her music. On the heels of that dance game she cancelled, I wouldn't be surprised if she nixed Telephone months ago to be honest.

After listening to Paparazzi, that might have some quite fun bass, it's got the same warpy bass in it as Judas just quieter, but it's whether HMX charted that or the straight forward deep synth, which will be boring as shit. Harmonies will be great, as expected, and the drums will most likely be better than anything in the first pack, just because of the cymbal stuff.

Lovegame has some weird electric tom work in the drums, so that could be interesting, but other than vocals and maybe keys, I can't see anything of note in this one.

Born This Way has a cool echoey bass thing in the intro that could be charted, and at least the drums will be active, mostly a My Best Theory type beat, but more fun than the other 2. Bass MIGHT be charted pretty interestingly too, it's either going to be straight 8ths with a few flourishes, or Creatures ov Deception for the majority. I'm fairly sure I can hear guitars in the CD mix, especially during the choruses, but maybe that's just me being foolhardy. BTW is easily the most fun full band song by far, just due to it's more layered sound.

I know nobody actually asked for this, but I wanted a reason to listen to those songs and not feel like I'm wasting time.

Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here was my reaction to the first pack:

Quote:
First off: Death to Lady Gaga. Bring back Stefani whateverthehellhernamewas. You know, the one who did this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4Y97HXlq-4

Second of all, they damn well better have somethi---oh wait, there's RBN. Hopefully Lady Gaga sells poorly so that we don't waste anymore slots in this bubblegum crap, but it won't happen.

dat bold prediction
BathTub  

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the biggest surprise here is how few Gaga tracks there are, I was expecting a much bigger pack.

That aside, I will definitely be picking up Hot Blooded and the Rooster Upgrade, on the fence about the rest.
Geeoff  

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
ctrl + f "Electric Chapel"

ctrl + f "Highway Unicorn"

ctrl + f "obvious songs that are boring on most instruments"

yep.

I'm not surprised of course but the announcement made it seem like we were getting more than three tracks (of Gaga).

Yeah I was really expecting a much bigger Gaga pack.
ManfredvonKarma  

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two weeks in the same month that I get to make reference to this:

I'm pretty pleased to see those Foreigner tracks. I wasn't in the market for Gaga (simply not my bag), and was hoping for something I'd like to get released alongside it.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHERE'S JUDAS.

I was expecting a pack like the first one, like half of her previous album and half of the current one. So I thought The Fame wouldn't be touched at all, and hopefully get 'Alejandro' or 'Telephone' or even 'So Happy I Could Die'. Mixed in with two songs from Born This Way; obviously the lead track and maybe 'Judas' since it's the second single or a deeper cut like 'Electric Chapel'..

SIGH. Tis better to have old Gaga songs than no Gaga at all, I suppose.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing for me I'm afraid. Gaga is a little bit of a guilty pleasure of mine, but unfortunately her songs are not fun on drums at all. Now we just need Rolling in the Deep by Adele

MY ROCK BAND DRUM ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Will not remove from my signature until the whole debut album from Periphery is released as DLC
nextlevel88  

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:

Well, I think it's hard to complain about anything this month. You start with Dave Grohl (debates about Foo being over-represented notwithstanding), add classic hip-hoppers Run DMC, then some radio-friendly classic rock jamming with Frampton, tack on some Pantera, pop fans get Gaga, cover 80s rock with Foreigner, then wrap it up with an Ozzy 8 pack. I know that isn't covering all your bases, but it's probably as close as you're gunna get in a single month.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pleased to see more Lady Gaga, and while not personally the biggest fan of Foreigner, these two songs are among those I actually like. Love the main keyboard riff in Urgent.
LyokoFreaks  

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be happy as long as they don't cut the word "high" out of Hot Blooded like some other franchises.

I knew we would get Born This Way, and that doesn't make me any less excited about more Gaga! Foreigner is a nice surprise as well, and two great songs. Regarding both bands, I have a feeling we're not seeing RB3 versions of songs because HMX said they won't do them again until they figure out a better system (though they could probably get away with Jukebox Hero since it would be an Original Version. Oh well).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LyokoFreaks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: