FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
DLC 4/26: Roy Orbison 75th Birthday Pack and 2 KISS Singles!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll continue to not buy live versions, I don't like KISS anyway so it's not really a loss. Great to see Roy Orbison confirmed.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
Geeoff  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
I'll continue to not buy live versions, I don't like KISS anyway so it's not really a loss. Great to see Roy Orbison confirmed.

If these are the versions from Kiss Alive, I think you'll find that these live tracks are the versions of the song they play most on the radio. The Rock and Roll All Night cover on GH3 was based on the Alive version of the song.
Koenn  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:

In the case of Rock and Roll All Nite, though, I remember hearing the live version on the radio pretty much exclusively. I wonder if we'll be getting the same recording?

Probably grabbing both the KISS tracks and checking the charts on the Orbison stuff -- Ooby Dooby was fun as hell.

Edit: Hmm. Ninjas!

Last edited by Koenn on Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: k0enn
Geeoff  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koenn wrote:
thecaptainof wrote:

In the case of Rock and Roll All Nite, though, I remember hearing the live version on the radio pretty much exclusively. I wonder if we'll be getting the same recording?

Probably grabbing both the KISS tracks and checking the charts on the Orbison stuff -- Ooby Dooby was fun as hell.

Yeah the studio version of Rock and Roll All Nite is actually pretty lame. No "I can't hear you!"s and no solo.
Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't car for Kiss at all musically, but if these two songs are half as fun on drums as the other three live Kiss songs I'll be picking them up. The last Kiss pack has three of my favorite songs to drum in the game. They were pretty damn fun on bass and guitar, too.

Roy Orbison isn't my thing, but he's still popular enough (or at least was) to deserve songs in the game, and I'll check out the charts and songs when they come out just in case.
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geeoff wrote:
Koenn wrote:
thecaptainof wrote:

Yeah the studio version of Rock and Roll All Nite is actually pretty lame. No "I can't hear you!"s and no solo.

Yeah, the differences between Kiss live and regular tracks is astounding. Not much comes close to how amazingly different it is. What immediately comes to mind for songs we've had before are the Tom Petty songs. Absolutely fantastic live. Since the Anthology came out, I dont tend to listen to anything else apart from a runthrough of Full Moon Fever.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y'all seem to forget I live in England, where radio stations only play songs that were big hits over here. A lot of bands that were huge in America are virtually unknown here (for example, good luck trying to find a member of the general public who's heard of Chicago or Kansas). Which means no KISS, live or otherwise. Ever. Well, perhaps Crazy Crazy Nights, but that's literally all. They weren't all that successful here, the first time I heard them was in a Tony Hawk's Pro Skater game.

All of which is irrelevant anyway: I wouldn't be interested in the studio versions either, on account of the whole "I don't like 'em" thing.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
SirRobin1tothe3  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
(for example, good luck trying to find a member of the general public who's heard of Chicago or Kansas).

Because you guys are all listening to Winchester and Oxfordshire instead, haha.

As for the DLC, I'm wondering what it will be like playing Strutter - it was one of the easiest songs in GHII, but in Rock Band with a lot of easier sons, I wonder if it will stand out. Hm...
ManfredvonKarma  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
I'll continue to not buy live versions
Live versions are always hit and miss. You do yourself a disservice to declare you aren't going to buy any of them, though, because some of them really are great.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take the live version of Strutter and Only the Lonely for sure. I very well could end up buying all of this.
Hitoshura  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to at least pick up the two Kiss songs to add to my pre-band GH (1-3) games setlists.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated the OP with video links, and with the official announcement's shell, as well as a couple notes that I've picked up.

The Roy Orbison songs will be the re-recordings from the 1987 greatest hits album.
The KISS songs are not from an album release, but are recorded from a tour. It's likely to me that they're from the same tour as 100,000 Years was.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the two KISS live tracks turn out as fun as the last ones they'll be absolute must-buys for drummers

Gonna wait for chart vids but I'll probably get them both.

DLC || Last.FM || RB Acc thread || YouTube || Steam || League of Legends
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Loistava Wii Friend Code: 369484373961
Yusuke  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManfredvonKarma wrote:
Updated the OP with video links, and with the official announcement's shell, as well as a couple notes that I've picked up.

The Roy Orbison songs will be the re-recordings from the 1987 greatest hits album.
That's to be expected, the only song NOT on the greatest hits album last time was You Got It, which was also a later release
The KISS songs are not from an album release, but are recorded from a tour. It's likely to me that they're from the same tour as 100,000 Years was.
Also to be expected. Great way to bring the GH crowd over though to nab 2 of the more notable KISS Live songs

That being said, I like how the covers done for GH2 and 3 were based off of the live recordings.

thespike  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KISS is good, much better than just an Orbison week. Two great picks too, Strutter for the GH2 flashback and Rock and Roll All Nite is overdue to come to RB. Sweet, 2 protar upgrades but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want Pro on Strutter.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ignthespike1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: