FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
S12: RB3 One Man Band - thewinnerisgeeg is thewinnerofleague
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xGaberadex  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2003041 wrote:
IWillKickU wrote:
xboxpro57 wrote:
So I had the impression that people on RB were key-tarring songs as a way to do better. Is this true? Because I can't find where to play keys on guitar, when I thought I'd done it before. If I'm mistaking, that'd be great, because using keys is a lot more of a challenge and a lot more fun

You have to unlock the ability to play keytar by playing through the career goals. I don't remember exactly how far you have to get to unlock it, but it's not a feature that's available from the start.

50 RB3 songs played on guitar unlocks it if I'm not mistaken.
Yes, but play keys for REAL! It's not worth playing key-tar since it takes the fun out of keys since it's just like playing the guitar...But, keys notes...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright I'm gonna stick to using the keyboard for keys in this league haha. I expect to get owned though.

xGaberadex  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xboxpro57 wrote:
Alright I'm gonna stick to using the keyboard for keys in this league haha. I expect to get owned though.
Thata boi Most likely owned by me lol XD But, if you do better on a keytar, go for it cuz you wanna try and get the BEST scores possible in this OMB, so you should try to decide what gives ya the best oppertunity to succeed

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, it's only 600 points this week. Not bad at all a difference.

thewinnerisgeeg: like feed the dogs and eat minipockets and ice cream
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041
thewinnerisgeeg  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done with this week's songs. Good luck to everyone else!

im a girl now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: geegSH
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xGaberadex wrote:
xboxpro57 wrote:
Thata boi Most likely owned by me lol XD But, if you do better on a keytar, go for it cuz you wanna try and get the BEST scores possible in this OMB, so you should try to decide what gives ya the best oppertunity to succeed
Thats what I'm doing. I'm starting with keys to see how good I can do but if I can beat it with keytar I will.
preppypoof  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just to clarify - are we allowed to play pro keys in this league? i thought the signups page said that this would be allowed, but now i can't find any info on it.
woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

preppypoof wrote:
just to clarify - are we allowed to play pro keys in this league? i thought the signups page said that this would be allowed, but now i can't find any info on it.

Nope, no pro on anything except pro keys league. (I had missed this detail myself, so don't feel bad.) I think OMB, Co-Op, and Full Band are the ones where this could seem ambiguous, but pro isn't allowed in any of them.

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
preppypoof  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woozerkristen wrote:
preppypoof wrote:

Nope, no pro on anything except pro keys league. (I had missed this detail myself, so don't feel bad.) I think OMB, Co-Op, and Full Band are the ones where this could seem ambiguous, but pro isn't allowed in any of them.

ah ok, i think this is a bit disappointing. Here's why:

- Nearly everyone that has RB3 has a keyboard already, which makes pro keys more accessible than the other pro instruments.
- Anyone that doesn't have a keyboard will just be playing the nonpro keys part with their guitar. This means that out of the 5 instruments, 3 require the exact same set of skills. Because of the way playoffs work, someone that is very good at guitar could win the entire league without even playing drums or singing, which basically turns this "OMB" league into a "play three different guitar parts on the same song" league.

it's too late to change it now, but I really think that pro keys should have been an option for this league. I still believe that the league signups page initially said that pro keys were allowed in this league, but like I said above, there is no way of verifying that anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

preppypoof wrote:
woozerkristen wrote:
preppypoof wrote:

ah ok, i think this is a bit disappointing. Here's why:

- Nearly everyone that has RB3 has a keyboard already, which makes pro keys more accessible than the other pro instruments.
- Anyone that doesn't have a keyboard will just be playing the nonpro keys part with their guitar. This means that out of the 5 instruments, 3 require the exact same set of skills. Because of the way playoffs work, someone that is very good at guitar could win the entire league without even playing drums or singing, which basically turns this "OMB" league into a "play three different guitar parts on the same song" league.

it's too late to change it now, but I really think that pro keys should have been an option for this league. I still believe that the league signups page initially said that pro keys were allowed in this league, but like I said above, there is no way of verifying that anymore.

Not everyone has keys though. I know a lot of people who play RB3 and do not have a keyboard. And correct me if I'm wrong, but in playoffs, don't you still have to play every instrument?
Another thing to note with the keys vs keys on guitar is if you can FC the songs on keys, you're probably going to get a better score than keys on guitar because of the added sustains, where you hold one note and add another to make a chord. Me Enamora does in fact have one and that makes a 600 base point difference.
Last point, look at the signups OP at the bottoms after the list of games. You'll see this little tidbit:
woozerkristen wrote:
Pro mode only acceptable in leagues specifically marked as pro.

woozerkristen wrote:
RB3 One Man Band

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041
preppypoof  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2003041 wrote:
Not everyone has keys though. I know a lot of people who play RB3 and do not have a keyboard. And correct me if I'm wrong, but in playoffs, don't you still have to play every instrument?

i'm pretty sure you don't have to play every instrument, but someone that gets optimal scores on guitar/bass/keys could just play through the song once on vocals and drums and keep whatever mediocre score they get.

edit to your edit:

2003041 wrote:

Another thing to note with the keys vs keys on guitar is if you can FC the songs on keys, you're probably going to get a better score than keys on guitar because of the added sustains, where you hold one note and add another to make a chord. Me Enamora does in fact have one and that makes a 600 base point difference.

that's a fair point, i hadn't thought of that.

and yes, I did see the posting in the sticky so i understand what the rules are, but i stand by my statement that the original league signups page said that pro keys were allowed (note that the sticky was not created until 3 days ago, after signups were complete)
IWillKickU  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm eating it hard on drums :/. But I noticed that on the enter scores page it says "any" under difficulty. Is this right? Can I submit a hard drums score if it's better than I can get on expert?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: IWi11KickU
kelseyb14  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IWillKickU wrote:
I'm eating it hard on drums :/. But I noticed that on the enter scores page it says "any" under difficulty. Is this right? Can I submit a hard drums score if it's better than I can get on expert?

yes

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IWillKickU wrote:

Wow. After reading this, I feel like I actually stand a chance. Don't worry though, I suck on drums too.

singemfrc  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IWillKickU wrote:
Yes, open difficulty is now the default. That means that in all leagues that do not have a hard-only equivalent (all except GH3X and GHWoR X Guitar) you can use any difficulty.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12

Jump to: