FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Reopening the 99% FC debate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:

Furthermore, you don't need to put in a percent, score is the only required field. If you don't want to put in a percent fine, but if you're going to put it in then you should put in what the overall percent says on the results screen.

I agree with this completely and brought this up in an earlier post. I would much rather see no percents than 99%'s and if I couldn't FC a song without dropping ticks that's exactly what I would do.

Score is all that matters. Why the percent is such a huge debate is beyond me and I'm totally flabbergasted that people would even think to suggest that proof of a percent should be / would be required. That's absolutely preposterous in 99.9% of songs (exceptions being broken/semi-broken talkies). Nobody questions note streaks and there are more wrong ones entered by far. They are just as worthless.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: 99% bug :( Reply with quote

I'm not exactly interested in posting scores here anymore. I suck at score whoring, and I only cared about RBN stuff (read: Amberian Dawn), so I'm not overly concerned about the score part of things, but I did run into this today.

I'm not familiar with the past experiences with this.. I never played TB:RB or GD:RB (not interested in band specific games, nor either of these bands) so this was the first time I ever ran into it.

Essentially I FCed (or at least in theory?) Army of the Damned (nice song btw, pick it up if you haven't already). I never broke combo throughout the entire song, but I ended up with 99% at the end. I was disgusted.

I busted my butt and FCed it again (had difficulties with being too loud due to lyrical voice so I had to work around till I could sort it out) and AGAIN ended up with 99%. I happened to be recording both times. I went through the videos and double checked in case I missed something, nope 99%.

It's kind of disgusting, I feel a little ripped off. Is this just a bug? Am I doing something wrong? Perhaps I'm not sufficient enough? How do I consider this in my personal goals? Is it an "FC"? It is a bare miss?

My score landed me 2nd place on the leaderboard.. short by 3,444 (or somewhere around there, less than 4k by a few hundred) points. Now, if it counts me as 99% (as if I broke combo) that is a potential 4 thousand points right there which would actually place me in first.
Or is score unaffected in this bug?

Blah either way I'm rather disheartened about it. :/

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theoretically, would it be possible to get a 98% FC or 97% FC if you got an awesome on every phrase on a song, but only just? I know it may be difficult to only just get an awesome on every phrase on a song, but I am curious to see how much this glitch or non-glitch as it is can affect songs.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can only keep combo by getting about 980/1000 or higher, although maybe the cutoff is slightly below that. Either way it might be possible to get a 98% FC but only just barely.
LucasPWNS8907  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about this "glitch" in full band if you're posting a full band FC? does the vocalist have to not miss out on any ticks or is the 99% FC legitimate? it sure looks awful on the stats screen (luckily, i haven't run into this problem yet but the day i do i will be pissed).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LucasPWNS8907 PSN Name: TheyCallMeLucas
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one "99% FC" so far and I actually expected it, because it was a phrase I was kind surprised to get Awesome on instead of Strong (I got lost on a phrase and mumbled it). My accuracy was 39994 out of 40000 I believe. If you are getting 99% FCs, I would reconsider whether you are actually nailing every phrase.
LucasPWNS8907  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here it is! finally, the proof of no dropped ticks but still a 99%

here ya go, i'm not sure if they're viewable to the public since they're on my facebook. if they are unviewable let me know and i can find another site to host them.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=803006292005&set=a.803006252085.2408596.21425048

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=803006257075&set=a.803006252085.2408596.21425048&pid=42485985&id=21425048
thanks to my friend, bear, for capturing this
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LucasPWNS8907 PSN Name: TheyCallMeLucas
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad we got proof finally.
Personally I say if you get gipped out of a 100% by the above (full accuracy), an obvious glitch, than you can post a 100% in the leaderboards. If you do not have full accuracy than I think it still has to be a 99%, because well...you don't have full accuracy xP

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny to see ''FINALLY the ultimate proof is THERE!'' and yeah... need Facebook to see, ah well.
LucasPWNS8907  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MetalPanda wrote:
Funny to see ''FINALLY the ultimate proof is THERE!'' and yeah... need Facebook to see, ah well.

perhaps i can post it somewhere public? do you have any ideas for where i could post it?
CyberRaiza  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My two cents is that regardless of what we've known to be the legitimate arbiter (final stat screen) the breakdown for every section is obviously more legitimate because it doesnt glitch. So instead of defaulting to something we know is wrong because we're afraid and uncomfortable to move away from our comfort zone and accept a change lets use common sense and change the "arbiter" to the correct breakdown.

an FC is an FC and 100% of notes hit is 100% of notes hit (regardless of what the glitched final screen says).

"When things go wrong I seem to be bad
But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"

"And no one, thinks, they are to blame
Why can't we see, that when we bleed we bleed the same"
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucasPWNS8907 wrote:
MetalPanda wrote:

perhaps i can post it somewhere public? do you have any ideas for where i could post it?

Imageshack is popular and no account is required. Photobucket is also a choice but you do need an account there. Both are public and that's where most the pics attached to scores here are hosted. Once you host it somewhere you can just embed the photo here using the [IMG ] tags then the pic will show instead of the link.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Imageshack is popular and no account is required. Photobucket is also a choice but you do need an account there. Both are public and that's where most the pics attached to scores here are hosted. Once you host it somewhere you can just embed the photo here using the [IMG ] tags then the pic will show instead of the link."

i am a failure lol i can't get the images to work

just look below at the post from someone smarter than me that knows how to do this shit lol. those images below are what i got

Last edited by LucasPWNS8907 on Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:45 pm; edited 3 times in total
PlexShaw  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PlexShaw PSN Name: PlexShaw Wii Friend Code: 5941308033072690
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucasPWNS8907 wrote:

i am a failure lol i can't get the images to work

[img]http://img163.imageshack.us/i/99glitch.jpg/[/img]
[img]http://img231.imageshack.us/i/99glitchpart2.jpg/[/img]

Are you sure you're supposed to have the slash after the jpg part?
Edit: Shit, nevermind
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: