FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RB3 vocal mechanics discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roman  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think this is the right place to mention this, but I don't really think a new thread is necessary for it.

Has anyone else noticed that you now have to sit through 'Foreplay' in Foreplay/Long Time when playing vocals? It's somewhat bothersome.
Icemage  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucasPWNS8907 wrote:
i've discovered in many cases that using vibrato, instead of a constant pitch will allow you to do better. it seems like rock band vocals is coming closer to real singing :O by encouraging you to sound less like a robot and more like a human that wants to produce music.
here's an example of vibrato in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nDp5WGriJ4

This has been true in all Rock Band games with harmonies (The Beatles, Green Day, and now Rock Band 3).

Vibrato was a REALLY powerful tool in The Beatles RB. They've since toned it down quite a bit. It's still "helpful" but not "spin the pie twice as fast"
jawnintendo  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roman wrote:
I don't think this is the right place to mention this, but I don't really think a new thread is necessary for it.

Has anyone else noticed that you now have to sit through 'Foreplay' in Foreplay/Long Time when playing vocals? It's somewhat bothersome.

Wii and PS2 players have ALWAYS had to do that, so don't complain.

In the event of a code red, please do not orgasm over an accomplishment of an elite player. That is because the player is currently in the zone. You will run of out of jizz before he is finished.
Thank you for listening and please save all orgasms for the end of the ride.

Accomplishments | 17/82 Pro Guitar FCs | 70/83 Pro Bass FCs | 55/63 Pro Keys FCs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jawnintendo
bclare  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jawnintendo wrote:
Roman wrote:

Actually I think even on 360, vocals only got parts skipped in RB1. RB2 never skipped over anything.
Spectrauma  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pfft, sitting through Foreplay is nothing compared to the 5 minutes of cowbell in Free Bird.
Roman  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
jawnintendo wrote:
Roman wrote:

Actually I think even on 360, vocals only got parts skipped in RB1. RB2 never skipped over anything.

No, RB2 did skip over them. It's not that big of an issue. I just don't see why they decided to change it.
Painmonger  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A word of warning: if you come upon one of those activation points where you have to hit pause and rewind the track to activate, DO NOT hit pause too early. Twice yesterday I paused the game immediately after picking up an overdrive phrase, but before the window popped up, and I DIDN'T get credit for the overdrive. My streak was unbroken, but I still only had one overdrive bar.
JuliefooJojo87  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if this has been noted earlier or not, but it seems that the Tappies don't count for 25 pts each anymore.
It only gives you the bonus at the end of the tap sequence.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JuliefooJojo87 wrote:
Don't know if this has been noted earlier or not, but it seems that the Tappies don't count for 25 pts each anymore.
It only gives you the bonus at the end of the tap sequence.

And missing just one in Free Bird means a loss of about 20k points. Ridiculous.

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
Lycrios  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, not sure if this has been mentioned here yet, but a friend of mine came across something she thinks is a bug. I haven't came across it yet, as I've not done vocals, but it might be something that would be a pain for voxtarists out there, so I think they would be the best to answer this.

She mentioned to me that when playing in fullband, sometimes when the guitarist whammied, her phrase would shift slightly up or down. I'm not exactly sure what she meant, as I've not actually seen it myself. I'm going to attempt some research into it sometime soon. This was on PS3, just in case it makes a difference.
ProffessorJoe  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lycrios wrote:
Okay, not sure if this has been mentioned here yet, but a friend of mine came across something she thinks is a bug. I haven't came across it yet, as I've not done vocals, but it might be something that would be a pain for voxtarists out there, so I think they would be the best to answer this.

She mentioned to me that when playing in fullband, sometimes when the guitarist whammied, her phrase would shift slightly up or down. I'm not exactly sure what she meant, as I've not actually seen it myself. I'm going to attempt some research into it sometime soon. This was on PS3, just in case it makes a difference.

Maybe it is just the octave shift mechanic? Where the whole vocal bar will shift a little one way or the other when there is a large range shift in the song. The first song that came to mind is here i go again. During the part right before the really high "Here I GOOOOOO" the vocal bar will shift on you.

See what you come up with. If that happens frequently then it is a pretty big bug. If not, its possible that the guitarist just happens to whammy when the octave shifting occurs on her lol.
Go there for videos of Over Rated R Us featuring the amazing RJUCPU!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PR0FFESS0RJ0E
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I found another bug. I was playing Good Vibrations, and because I suck, I failed on the last phrase. BUTTT, it went to where it was like a fail in BQP and I just sat there for the rest of the song.
bclare  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobo111 wrote:
I think I found another bug. I was playing Good Vibrations, and because I suck, I failed on the last phrase. BUTTT, it went to where it was like a fail in BQP and I just sat there for the rest of the song.

That happened to me on the exact same song, and I've heard of it happening elsewhere and I think on other instruments. That's a general gameplay glitch, not a vocals glitch.
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
Hobo111 wrote:

That happened to me on the exact same song, and I've heard of it happening elsewhere and I think on other instruments. That's a general gameplay glitch, not a vocals glitch.

I see.
jack5mikemotown  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Proud Mary has no harmony parts on wii
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: