FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Can someone rank the FGFC difficulties for me?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerfoot32  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:56 am    Post subject: Can someone rank the FGFC difficulties for me? Reply with quote

I'm a few songs away from a Green Day FGFC and I found it pretty easy. I'm assuming this is because I've been listening to GD for years. FCs are simple if you know the song right?

I starting playing Beatles and I'm not doing as well. But I'm not as familiar with Beatles songs as I am with Green Day songs. Will listening to Beatles songs more often help me quicker towards the FGFC or is Beatles just generally a harder FC than Green Day.

I'm looking for what you guys consider the easiest and hardest FGFCs. Make me a breakdown. And after GD, if you recommend I try to FC a different game besides Beatles, please let me know.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: MKerfoot32
bclare  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably like this, 1 being easiest:

1) GDRB
2) LRB
3) RB2
4) TBRB
5) RB1

although you could argue the 4/5 or 2/3 placements. ACDC is hard to place because there aren't many songs, but they can be pretty tough. Someone better than me at vox could do a better list, but I think GDRB really is the easiest.
BowlZ  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB1 is def the hardest. the other 4 are all pretty close. GD has the shortest songs and billy doesn't really go all out on anything so its pretty fair to say GD is the easiest. I think lego is a little tougher than RB2. I would probably go:

GD
RB2
Lego/Beatles
RB1

(with RB1 imports being inbetween RB2 and GD)

but you are correct. singing is always easier when you know how the song goes already. (unless they chart random crap that throws you off)Being someone who grew up with Dookie being my fav CD I owned It was easy for me to burn through it.

''First Ever'' is needlessly redundant and its never acceptable to use more than 3 exclamation points...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BowlZ
MAYRAluvsYA  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
Probably like this, 1 being easiest:

1) GDRB
2) LRB
3) RB2
4) TBRB
5) RB1

Thats how I would put it. And if you count AC/DC id put it between RB2 and TBRB.
JOE2210  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. GDRB
2. TB:RB
3. RB2
4. LRB
5. RB1

I found TB:RB to be pretty intuitive, but I don't know whether it was just me.
I also found that LRB was very hard for me just because of the song choice being very high pitched and inbetween my high and low registers.

Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. GDRB
2. LRB
3. RB1 Imports.
4. RB2
5. TBRB
6. RB1 On Disc
tidus  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easiest to hardest, assuming it's on their respective discs...

GD:RB < LRB < RB2 < TB:RB < RB1

I don't have GD:RB, but giving a listen to Billie's singing, you see that those Green Day songs are pretty simple to sing. I placed LEGO lower than RB2 for not having *cleans throat* broken talkies that can either be resolved quickly or give hours of grindfest (kinda "slot machine effect"), and for most of the harder songs being able to be quickly resolved with octave shifting.

Regarding TB:RB, the engine may be just slightly tighter than RB2, but the confusing interface doesn't excite, and the hard songs can really trip you up.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)

Last edited by tidus on Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. GDRB
2. LRB
3. RB1 Imports
4. TBRB
5. RB2
6. RB1 On Disc

Couple things...

I do think it is important to separate out RB1 Imports vs. On Disc as a lot of people like to say they have a FGFC of RB1 when they do the hard (talkie) songs as Imports. That really doesn't make a full GAME FC as anyone who has actually spent hours grinding NTY or Sabotage or Timmy or Ballroom Blitz etc. will gladly tell you. RB1 On Disc is WAY harder than RB1 Imports, and not just with regard to talkies, songs like Gimme Shelter are way easier when put in the RB2 engine.

I would also put TBRB before RB2 in difficulty simply because of length. While the TBRB songs aren't easier than RB2 songs comparatively, just the number of songs (84 in RB2 vs. 44 in TBRB) makes it justifiably more difficult to FGFC.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOE2210 wrote:
1. GDRB
2. TB:RB
3. RB2
4. LRB
5. RB1

I found TB:RB to be pretty intuitive, but I don't know whether it was just me.
I also found that LRB was very hard for me just because of the song choice being very high pitched and inbetween my high and low registers.

That's because you're british. The Beatles songs are even more ingrained in your memory than they are for americans.
Kerfoot32  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help guys. So I guess I should go for Lego next then imports.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: MKerfoot32
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerfoot32 wrote:

Lego next yes. As for imports after that, it's personal preference. It's not really a "game" so if you are looking to do all the games (meaning doing it on disc/engine that matches the title) it wouldn't be necessary. Some people, myself included, just consider RB1 imports no different than any DLC since you are playing it in the RB2 engine.

If you want to be able to say "all RB1 songs FC'd" but don't want to or can't (which is usually more the case) FC Next To You then the imports would be the way to go but technically, as mods have even stated, that would not be a RB1 FGFC. It definitely would be no shame to end RB1 (on disc) with 57/58.

Good luck

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GDRB>TBRB>RB2>LRB>RB1(on-disc)

Personally, I think the talkie in OWOA is really easy to hit. >__>

im a girl now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: geegSH
tidus  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerfoot32 wrote:

Thumbs up. Not only it has less songs than RB2, but it also allows you to go through without having to rely on your own capabilities to hit broken talkies. For some, the OWOA talky is easy. But for others, not.

Good luck!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thewinnerisgeeg wrote:
GDRB>TBRB>RB2>LRB>RB1(on-disc)

Personally, I think the talkie in OWOA is really easy to hit. >__>

I don't believe anyone has mentioned OWOA or even considered it with regard to classifying the difficulties. On a game/disc with 84 songs, one stubborn talkie wouldn't change the classification, especially one that so many people have hit (has anyone ever NOT hit it eventually?). I have no problems with it either but the talkies in RB1 are a different story and those definitely swing the difficulty.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having a lot of fun on Lego. I've already gotten 8 FCs today. I think I'm gonna start listening to Beatles so I can be prepared for when I do go for the FC. But it's kinda sounding like I should do RB2 after Lego. Right?

I just ordered ACDC so where should I fit that in? After Beatles and RB2?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: