FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Gold stars on Rockaway Beach and Sick Cubed even possible?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zgf72  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Gold stars on Rockaway Beach and Sick Cubed even possible? Reply with quote

See title. I've FCed Rockaway Beach and Sick, Sick, Sick but can never seem to get gold stars. Any good paths?
Sully  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sick Sick Sick is defiinitely possible, Rockaway Beach is thought to be impossible.

Perhaps Krim will divulge his Sick Sick Sick path.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
krimsunmunkeys  

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sully wrote:
Perhaps Krim will divulge his Sick Sick Sick path.

Perhaps I'll remember how it went...
Fedora  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 100% sure rockaway beach is not possible, but I've been wrong before.

The original Rock Band career bassist.
Former DJ Hero player for vVv.
krimsunmunkeys  

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran Sick Sick Sick again and got a score better by a few ticks, so apparently I remember the path. I'll work on getting a video up, but I make no guarantees.

EDIT: Sick, Sick, Sick Gold Star vid is up. Starts at first Overdrive phrase due to size constraints.
PeridotWeapon  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Likewise, I don't see how Rockaway Beach is possible. It's like a Bass track took a holiday and went over to see how the Guitar end of the world lives. There's very little variety in the chart to strategically use Overdrive, and not enough Overdrive available to make up for that limitation.

Bang A Gong hasn't been done yet, either, and the only Full Combo is about 5,000 away from the 5GS cutoff. I wouldn't say for sure it's impossible yet, though - it's more likely that nobody's cared to even TRY. 1,048 notes of finger-stretching chord crap, and it goes on FOREVER.
jonfitzsimon  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeridotWeapon wrote:

Bang A Gong hasn't been done yet, either, and the only Full Combo is about 5,000 away from the 5GS cutoff. I wouldn't say for sure it's impossible yet, though - it's more likely that nobody's cared to even TRY. 1,048 notes of finger-stretching chord crap, and it goes on FOREVER.

No crap. I purchased it because it looked fun, but damn its a pain to play. Maybe i will take a run at it over the weekend.
Zgf72  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Krim thanks for the OD path, got my gold stars now

Sucks about Rockaway Beach though. That, coupled with the fact that my yellow and blue drums pads are F'ed up on my drums and when singing it's almost impossible to do short phrases like on Blackened or talky parts in general, I think Harmonix has several broken areas of this game that they need to tweak.

Edit: And I also gave Bang A Gong a try and FC'ed with no gold stars either. WTF is up with these songs...I'm a completionist, I must have all gold stars!!!
Sully  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't they add an OD phrase to the songs that can't be gold starred?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
PeridotWeapon  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That'd be a quick fix, yes, but at the same time, it's effectively erasing the scoreboard for that song, as the maximum possible score - and possibly the optimal Overdrive path - would be completely changed.

I'm not too keen on the idea of them dropping the requirements for Gold Stars like they did on the PS2 version, either. If they were universally easier to get for all songs, it'd kill a lot of the appeal.
Zgf72  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps if they were aware of which songs that happened with they could release a patch that awards the gold stars for just 100%ing the song (in just those cases, anyway), so if you've already FCed the song you could get the gold stars and not have to worry about your scores changing or anything with more OD. But they're all DLC so I'm not sure what they'll do about that, but hey a guy can wish.
PeridotWeapon  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, they aren't ALL DLC, but they are the biggest culprit. There's at least a quartet of Bass songs that haven't been Gold Starred yet in the standard setlist, five Drum songs, and another four Vocal songs. Granted, some of those are because people just aren't good enough to get the job done yet, but I guarantee a few of them won't be possible by the current formula.

100% = GS would take some of the fun out of it, but for perfectionists, that's probably the easiest patch that wouldn't affect the scoreboards ...
hiddenzombie013  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeridotWeapon wrote:
There's at least a quartet of Bass songs that haven't been Gold Starred yet in the standard setlist, five Drum songs, and another four Vocal songs. Granted, some of those are because people just aren't good enough to get the job done yet, but I guarantee a few of them won't be possible by the current formula.

Out of curiosity, what are these bass, drum and vocal songs that haven't been gold-starred on the standard setlist.
Pick up on some DLC I missed [ ]
5* + 250-streak on Llama Pro Drums [X]
Finish all Drums/Pro Drums goals [ ]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: hiddenzombie013 PSN Name: hiddenzombie013
PeridotWeapon  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hiddenzombie013 wrote:
Out of curiosity, what are these bass, drum and vocal songs that haven't been gold-starred on the standard setlist.

I was just quickly eyeballing the Score Hero high scores, which aren't necessarily the be-all and end-all of successful 5GS'd songs - I'm sure some of them have higher scores on the Leaderboard than we do here.

But assuming they don't (and assuming the high score getter didn't just forget to type in a "6" for stars), that list would be:

Can't Let Go, Go With The Flow, I'm So Sick, Tom Sawyer, Vasoline for BASS

Don't Fear The Reaper, Highway Star, Outside, Run To The Hills, Seven for DRUMS

I'm So Sick, The Hand That Feeds, Train Kept A Rollin, When You Were Young, Vasoline for VOCALS

Bass are probably the most likely candidates to not be Gold Starrable, as they're all 100% Notes Hit. Drums are just as likely "too damn hard to do" as opposed to "mathematically impossible," and the issues with Vasoline's Vocal Chart are well-documented.
hiddenzombie013  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeridotWeapon wrote:
hiddenzombie013 wrote:

I was just quickly eyeballing the Score Hero high scores, which aren't necessarily the be-all and end-all of successful 5GS'd songs - I'm sure some of them have higher scores on the Leaderboard than we do here.

But assuming they don't (and assuming the high score getter didn't just forget to type in a "6" for stars), that list would be:

Can't Let Go, Go With The Flow, I'm So Sick, Tom Sawyer, Vasoline for BASS

Don't Fear The Reaper, Highway Star, Outside, Run To The Hills, Seven for DRUMS

I'm So Sick, The Hand That Feeds, Train Kept A Rollin, When You Were Young, Vasoline for VOCALS

Bass are probably the most likely candidates to not be Gold Starrable, as they're all 100% Notes Hit. Drums are just as likely "too damn hard to do" as opposed to "mathematically impossible," and the issues with Vasoline's Vocal Chart are well-documented.

Ok thanks. I thought I heard Dead on Arrival hasn't been gold starred for vocals, but I hope it has. I've heard crap about Vasoline before so that doesn't surprise me. The rest of the songs don't surprise me; WYWY has three tricky talky parts. TKAR is kinda blah and theres one stupid talky part thats hard (The rest are doable), THTF is kinda wierd too but thats probably been FC'd by someone before, and I haven't tried I'm So Sick too much (5*'d and didn't look back). Yeah, I'm a vocal junkie lol.
Pick up on some DLC I missed [ ]
5* + 250-streak on Llama Pro Drums [X]
Finish all Drums/Pro Drums goals [ ]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: hiddenzombie013 PSN Name: hiddenzombie013
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: