FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Broken Talkie in This Afternoon?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THABEAST721  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Broken Talkie in This Afternoon? Reply with quote

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone else is having trouble hitting this talkie at the end of the song. It is the very last ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha phrase. I can get the pie to fill about 7/8 of the way, but at the end of the phrase, the pie will just not move anymore. I have tried saying it, and whispering it, but it isn't working.

Has anyone else had trouble with this talkie, or do I just suck?

EDIT: I'm pretty sure this is an Alive (Live) situation. The arrow doesn't even show up at the end of the talky.
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, it appears to be deader than a door nail. Actually seems kind of odd for an all-talky phrase where some of them work and some of them don't. I'd expect it more from something like Inside Out where there's singing at the beginning.

Looks like the programming just doesn't extend all the way to the end of the window or something. Very disappointing to still be getting these after almost 2 years =/

Just another plus for TB:RB, GD:RB (& RB3 to come)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's good that someone else thinks it's broken too. It's a shame that these even happen at all because it just seems like lazy programming, or lazy playtesting on Harmonix's part. I guess 5/6 vox FCs will have to do for me.
Awesometrax  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a broken talkie but it isn't unhittable. This video here is proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptmqCwK_nFk

Apparently you have to blow into the mic during that phrase to hit it... strange.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesometrax wrote:
It is a broken talkie but it isn't unhittable. This video here is proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptmqCwK_nFk

Apparently you have to blow into the mic during that phrase to hit it... strange.

If you pay attention his arrow shows up for the last 2 words of the talkie. As mentioned by RJUCPU when she did it her arrow doesn't show up at ALL. She has tried every way we can think of and nothing. Not sure if he downloaded it as the full pack or as an individual song, but maybe the individual song file works but the pack file doesn't? Not sure, just trying to throw out a theory. Either way nothing RJ does gets the arrow to show. It dies on the last 2 words, which isn't nearly enough to fill the entire pie.
Go there for videos of Over Rated R Us featuring the amazing RJUCPU!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PR0FFESS0RJ0E
megallica  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProffessorJoe wrote:
Awesometrax wrote:

If you pay attention his arrow shows up for the last 2 words of the talkie. As mentioned by RJUCPU when she did it her arrow doesn't show up at ALL. She has tried every way we can think of and nothing. Not sure if he downloaded it as the full pack or as an individual song, but maybe the individual song file works but the pack file doesn't? Not sure, just trying to throw out a theory. Either way nothing RJ does gets the arrow to show. It dies on the last 2 words, which isn't nearly enough to fill the entire pie.

in the video, TimEbaysball turns his mic sensitivity all the way up to hit the broken part

i know many vocal squeezers use the lowest sensitivity setting

maybe using a high sensitivity was what allowed blowing into the mic to be effective

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

megallica wrote:

in the video, TimEbaysball turns his mic sensitivity all the way up to hit the broken part

maybe using a high sensitivity was what allowed blowing into the mic to be effective

She has tried low sensitivity, max sensitivity, middle sensitivity, saying the words late, early, cutting the first two words out (just like he does on his video) and still no arrow on the last two words. The pie fills, fills, fills, then hits the last 2 words, the arrow disappears, and the pie stops filling.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PR0FFESS0RJ0E
bclare  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProffessorJoe wrote:
megallica wrote:

She has tried low sensitivity, max sensitivity, middle sensitivity, saying the words late, early, cutting the first two words out (just like he does on his video) and still no arrow on the last two words. The pie fills, fills, fills, then hits the last 2 words, the arrow disappears, and the pie stops filling.

Do you guys have that song on 360 or on PS3? Because I know tim is on PS3 (except for RBN) so it's possible there's a console difference. Unlikely since they both came out at the same time, so it's not like Alive (Live) where it got fixed, but still maybe they aren't exactly the same.
ProffessorJoe  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:

Do you guys have that song on 360 or on PS3? Because I know tim is on PS3 (except for RBN) so it's possible there's a console difference. Unlikely since they both came out at the same time, so it's not like Alive (Live) where it got fixed, but still maybe they aren't exactly the same.

actually whats funny is judging by his video he played that on the 360 I know he is a ps3 player but he does own a 360. I'm just going by the fact that on his stats screen i don't see the [1] next to his name.
Icemage  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProffessorJoe wrote:
bclare wrote:

actually whats funny is judging by his video he played that on the 360 I know he is a ps3 player but he does own a 360. I'm just going by the fact that on his stats screen i don't see the [1] next to his name.

He might have played it offline. You don't get the controller number on PS3 if you're not connected to PSN.
Groudon199  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the 360 version and I've hit the talky once.

I do exactly what's done in that video in terms of timing and sensitivity, but I say the "a" part of each "ha". It's not very consistent, but it's the first thing I thought to do and I hit it on my first try.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Groudon199
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really good with talkies. I've hit everything that's hittable that I've owned & played (except the Ow in NTY on RB1 which I never pursued). I can fairly consistently hit the talkies in OWOA, This Ain't A Scene, The Kill, etc. But none of them do what this one does, at least for me.

For me, this talkie acts exactly like the talkie in Inside Out. The arrow disappears and the pie comes to a dead stop. I have gotten a strong twice (but the talkie still stopped cold) and that was with perfect timing. Usually I get an okay but I've even gotten weak.

We watched that video and did everything exactly the same but the result did not change. The arrow doesn't even flicker on the last two words it disappears entirely. Blows out just like a candle.

I will eventually try deleting the pack and re-downloading it to see if maybe it's just glitched. If I could get the arrow to show up even once for a milisecond within the last two words of the window I wouldn't stop until I got it but it never has.

As Joe stated, I've used EVERY sensitivity, EVERY timing, EVERY trick known for talkies. I even set the mic in the floor to see if it would play itself (because it does on all the others in the song) but nothing has gotten that arrow to appear =/

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took me a decent amount of tries, but i got it, just a few minutes ago. Sorry about no video, I was just experimenting to see if I could hit it I'll try and record one soon of it.

My opinion on this talkie is that it's an OWOA situation-- Extremely finicky but possible to hit. I hit it with mic sensitivity maxed out like the video, and I did a quiet, breathy sort of whisper. My mouth was very, very close to the mic too. I'm not sure if it's a consistent technique, but it did work on my first time trying it.

Other notes: I downloaded the entire pack, so the pack file is not glitched. I also play on the 360. And with the pic, I play solo in band quickplay because i like using my character, so that is why my gamertag is not on it. GT is terrorisly, by the way.

That's all I have to say on this subject.
MusketWarrior  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProffessorJoe wrote:
bclare wrote:

It's on PS3. If you look closely you can see the X next to the CONTINUE in the bottom right.
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrorisly wrote:
My opinion on this talkie is that it's an OWOA situation-- Extremely finicky but possible to hit. I hit it with mic sensitivity maxed out like the video, and I did a quiet, breathy sort of whisper. My mouth was very, very close to the mic too. I'm not sure if it's a consistent technique, but it did work on my first time trying it.

It's not like OWOA in any way shape or form in my opinion. I have NEVER lost my arrow in OWOA. The pie always fills, just slowly like most the pseudo-broken talkies and I can hit that over 75% of my tries as long as I pay attention. The only thing finicky about it is you have to time it and not just blow in the mic like 99% of the other songs.

I've tried exactly the same method you describe (along with countless others) and I still say my game file is glitched. There is absolutely no way this talkie will ever be hit on my xbox with my file because the arrow stops/disappears too far from the end.

Unfortunately the pack vs. single song download theory goes out the window but I still think it's something to do with the download itself so may still go ahead and delete/redownload the pack.

In any case I'm done with it. Congrats to those handful of you who have been fortunate enough to have an arrow appear long enough to complete the phrase window
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: