FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
S11 - RB2 All DLC One-Man Band League
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THABEAST721  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

internetguy87 wrote:
ProffessorJoe wrote:
i guess i should ask if calibration paths are allowed. I really hope they aren't but i don't think i have any say in it >_<

Since I am in this league I have absolutely no part in the final say, but my question is how do we avoid calibration paths? If someone achieves a score it would take an awful lot to prove he calibrated for that score. Sure we have computer generated cutoffs, however has anyone PROVED these are perfect? Can we really figure out when someone has a calibrated path without a ton of math and researching. Just seems like it can't be stopped...

We can prove it by asking them what path they used and trying it out after the week is over. I would prefer to not allow them because it is just a nuisance, and it is just plain cheating imo. The problem is that some people naturally have to use certain lag settings, so they may not be able to avoid it.
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProffessorJoe wrote:
i guess i should ask if calibration paths are allowed. I really hope they aren't but i don't think i have any say in it >_<

I am asking the other managers to see if there is an official policy on this.

On an unrelated note, I was asked if people can submit scores more than once. Yes, you can! In fact it's a good idea to submit a score early in the week just in case you forget/get busy later.
internetguy87  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THABEAST721 wrote:
internetguy87 wrote:
ProffessorJoe wrote:

Since I am in this league I have absolutely no part in the final say, but my question is how do we avoid calibration paths? If someone achieves a score it would take an awful lot to prove he calibrated for that score. Sure we have computer generated cutoffs, however has anyone PROVED these are perfect? Can we really figure out when someone has a calibrated path without a ton of math and researching. Just seems like it can't be stopped...

We can prove it by asking them what path they used and trying it out after the week is over. I would prefer to not allow them because it is just a nuisance, and it is just plain cheating imo. The problem is that some people naturally have to use certain lag settings, so they may not be able to avoid it.

Yeah I don't know much about calibration paths really, and I certainly won't be using any as I'll be lucky to FC any guitar songs, however both my calibration settings are well over 100 =-\.

I play my game online
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: internetguy87
THABEAST721  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

internetguy87 wrote:
THABEAST721 wrote:
internetguy87 wrote:
ProffessorJoe wrote:

Yeah I don't know much about calibration paths really, and I certainly won't be using any as I'll be lucky to FC any guitar songs, however both my calibration settings are well over 100 =-\.

Oh I thought we were talking about calibration paths on the drums. On guitar it is really annoying, but again some people can't avoid it because of their normal calibration settings. I don't even know of anyone who regularly uses the lag calibration glitch on guitar, so I don't see that as much of a problem. There are a lot of people who do it on the drums, so it will play a bigger factor on those. I guess it comes down to what the league managers rule on it though.

On a side note, I think vocals will be the death of me in this league. I would call myself a below average squeezer, so unless I do some serious grinding, my scores will be lower than a lot of people on there.
ProffessorJoe  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was definitely referring to drums. Calibration squeezing on guitar is very rare, but on drums its very easy and can produce some huge score differences. Drums is the easiest to monitor as if its 1k above kawigi's projected optimal i think its safe to say its a calibration path But whatever you guys rule if fine, just wanted a definite yes or no. I hope you guys don't because i agree with beast, i think its cheating, but if you really feel there is no way to stop it (even though 99% of players will not play on a calibration that affects this) then by all means allow it.
Go there for videos of Over Rated R Us featuring the amazing RJUCPU!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PR0FFESS0RJ0E
youhas  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azurite wrote:
i'm in this, just to have fun basically, i'm gonna get pwned on guitar/bass parts

Same sentiment on a different set of instruments here. I mean, I infrequently drum above Medium! But hey, it said all difficulties were welcome, and I figure that someone has to be the designated cannon fodder, so I'm willing to give it the ol' college try and maybe get some casual good times out of the experience.

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have discussed the issue of calibration paths and the consensus is as follows:

1. Calibration paths are permitted on ScoreHero in general.
2. If someone is using a setup (e.g. projector) where the lag settings are very high, it is possible they could hit a calibration path by accident. We don't want to penalize those people.
3. Someone could use a calibration path and you would really only know if their score was 1000 "above optimal". (In addition there are some optimal scores that are higher than the Kawigi-algorithm already).

Therefore calibration paths are permitted in this league. That said, for playoffs I will not choose any songs that have a known calibration path for drums, unless the song is so hard on drums that nobody in their right mind would play it with lag.

Edit: I notice there is no posted calibration path for Me and My Gang, but that may be because nobody ever played the song before this week ;).

Last edited by blingdomepiece on Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:29 am; edited 1 time in total
dore  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't like Rascall Flatts, but other than really annoying vocals I enjoyed the charts on this particular song: nothing too difficult without being completely straightforward.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got lucky this week in that I already owned the song due to winning a contest on Twitter for the country track pack. Definitely not one I would've purchased of my own will.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: MarcKingston
Lycrios  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda late to the party, but I'm in this too lol I forgot I even had this song. Most country songs in my dlc collection are gathering dust. So I took it out for a spin yesterday, and it was pretty much like getting another chance to SR the song XD The one guitar part kinda caught me off guard O_o All in all, not a bad song chart wise, but I think that "nah-nah-nah-nah" part is going to rot a hole out the back of my skull. I can still hear it now.. like a fly buzzing around your ear as you sleep... just out of reach.. @_@
Nulien  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one who actually likes this song?
woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nulien wrote:

Well, I will concede that, of the country songs available in this game, this is probably in the top 20% as far as being tolerable to listen to and play so many times. But that's about as far as I am willing to go.

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
THABEAST721  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nulien wrote:

It's pretty fun to sing because I have an accent, and my voice actually sounds pretty good when I sing this song.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nulien wrote:
Id never listen to it outside of the game, but the drum part is pretty fun.
Dougtron3030  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't say I'm too excited about this song, but hope springs eternal for future weeks! Best of luck everyone and I look forward to holding down the coveted last place finish!

(noob question: what the heck is a calibration path?)
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 2 of 16

Jump to: