FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
I've noticed they've been including christian bands in RB
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GodRockr  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: I've noticed they've been including christian bands in RB Reply with quote

In fact, one of the recent DLC pack releases was nothing but christian bands.

They had Switchfoot, Hawk Nelson, Skillet, Superchick, Amberlin, and Thousand Foot Crutch. Kutless also got a song in as a single release, and Demon Hunter has Collapsing as an RBN song.

So maybe the Rock Band devs are finally realizing the marketing potential here? They could make TONS of money off these bands. I know because of the way all the kids at church swarm to my 360 when I put in a new custom GH disc with new christian music on it lol
Edify  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a Christian, myself, and love most of the Christian songs that have been included in Rock Band. But I think you may be overstating things just slightly.

After all, the recent Christian rock singles were probably because of Easter (so they were a holiday release), and the other Christian bands released as DLC were more mainstream acts (i.e. Underoath, The Devil Wears Prada, etc.). The exception being, of course, Kutless, but even the song that was selected was one of their less preachy ones.

Also keep in mind that Rock Band Network is a way for ANYONE to get their songs included in Rock Band, which is great for Christian artists because those with lyrics that are upfront about their Christian faith (such as Demon Hunter) can get their songs in Rock Band. I was especially happy to see Andy Kirk and Jonathan Lee in Rock Band. They write worship songs, which Harmonix would probably never have included otherwise. So while it would be great to see more Christian songs in the future, Rock Band Network will be the more likely place to see it happen.
TensionSpree  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares if someone is Christian, Catholic or an Atheist? Religion shouldn't influence your music, let alone make it a damn "genre" that's usually filled with whiny vocals.

Faith+1 should've replaced all of those Christian bands. It appears some people really feel the need to remind everyone of their religion 24/7/366.

Recent FCs: Man In The Box (Guitar)

Will not remove this in my signature until "Unholy Confessions" by Avenged Sevenfold is added to Rock Band DLC.
Started: July 31st, 2010
Still don't wanna remove it! Happy it's here, though!
SPinD0cter  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TensionSpree wrote:
Who cares if someone is Christian, Catholic or an Atheist? Religion shouldn't influence your music, let alone make it a damn "genre" that's usually filled with whiny vocals.

Faith+1 should've replaced all of those Christian bands. It appears some people really feel the need to remind everyone of their religion 24/7/366.

You speak the truth bruda

Faith+1 should come to RB though
Guitar Hero 80's FC's [18/30]
Guitar Hero 3 FC's [46/70]
Guitar Hero 5 FC's [73/85]
Guitar Hero Metallica FC's [28/49]
Guitar Hero Smash Hits FC's [33/48]
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flyleaf are one of the couple Christian bands I frequently see people requesting, although it has nothing to do with their religion.

Yes there is a marketing potential, though the amount of people who buy songs based purely off of religion are slim

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
Icemage  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TensionSpree wrote:

Not sure I'd be so abrasive about it, but the point is still valid.

Aside from songs of worship (which are waaaaay outside of mainstream, and are thus most likely to emerge from RBN), the recent "Christian Rock" pack isn't really a harbinger of anything. Harmonix has proven that they don't care where music is from as long as it lends itself well to the game mechanics for Rock Band.

I'm not religious myself, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate the music of bands who identify themselves as being Christian (or Muslim, or Wiccan, or whatever). What someone believes doesn't impact the quality of the music they can produce, so why judge? If it sounds good to you, let that be enough.
TensionSpree  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheLonging wrote:
Flyleaf are one of the couple Christian bands I frequently see people requesting, although it has nothing to do with their religion.

Yes there is a marketing potential, though the amount of people who buy songs based purely off of religion are slim

*very deep breath* Flyleaf? *very deep breath* That's *very deep breath* just *very deep breath* absolutely *very deep breath* AWFUL! *very deep breath again because I just said a word*

A band's religion shouldn't influence their genre at all, but seriously, we get generic Christian stuff, but no Faith+1?

Will not remove this in my signature until "Unholy Confessions" by Avenged Sevenfold is added to Rock Band DLC.
Celeles  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they're just trying to cover all the bases in terms of genre here. So you're half right, but I don't they're really gonna go crazy on releasing a lot of christian material in the future...it was just that, although they've released some christian bands in the past (IE Underoath, DWP, Flyleaf) they've never really released anything that's commonly defined as Christian Rock.

Maybe this means they'll come out with an all ska week soon >_>

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not familiar with Faith+1, but maybe they'll come on RBN.

I only bought Meant to Live out of the "christian pack", so I may be wrong when I say this, but maybe none of the songs come out and say "praise God" or things along those lines. And maybe they won't.
I don't care if there were Muslim, Wiccan, Satanic songs on RB, they all have the right to use RBN.
But my point was, if RB does come out with some blatant religious music, they might have to include all religions, because they might seem morally biased or things of that nature, so perhaps none of that in the official music store.

I'm really bad at making a point.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: poochz0rz
LyokoFreaks  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:22 am    Post subject: Re: I've noticed they've been including christian bands in R Reply with quote

GodRockr wrote:
In fact, one of the recent DLC pack releases was nothing but christian bands.

They had Switchfoot, Hawk Nelson, Skillet, Superchick, Amberlin, and Thousand Foot Crutch. Kutless also got a song in as a single release, and Demon Hunter has Collapsing as an RBN song.

So maybe the Rock Band devs are finally realizing the marketing potential here? They could make TONS of money off these bands. I know because of the way all the kids at church swarm to my 360 when I put in a new custom GH disc with new christian music on it lol

Oh give me a break; the "marketing potential"? If HMX released tons of classic rock, that would bring in lots of money as well, but would alienate lots of their players for one reason or another. The same with any variety of metal or any other genre for that matter. Hell, even a game for The Beatles or Green Day does that. They aren't relying on the marketing potential of any particular "genre" (sorry, can't call Christian rock a genre), rather they're releasing songs to cater to the very eclectic tastes of the entire RB user base. So no, they aren't "realizing the marketing potential" of crappy Christian bands but are putting out music that touches the various corners of the diverse organized sound we call music.

And this:
TensionSpree wrote:
It appears some people really feel the need to remind everyone of their religion 24/7/366.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LyokoFreaks
requiem1394  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good music, or rather, good music that lends itself to the music game genre, should always be added. My problem is when it is clearly put up as a "Christian Pack." Put them up on different weeks or with lots of options... but having it be a pack that is specifically Christian makes "Christian Music" a genre, when it isn't.
dragoninforcer  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

body of christ... body of christ.....

I thought it was that one week that was all Christian rock.

But, it is a genre. thats like saying

"LOLWUT Y IS THAR N EMO SONG IN RB????"
Celeles  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DPooch wrote:

I only bought Meant to Live out of the "christian pack", so I may be wrong when I say this, but maybe none of the songs come out and say "praise God" or things along those lines. And maybe they won't.
I don't care if there were Muslim, Wiccan, Satanic songs on RB, they all have the right to use RBN.
But my point was, if RB does come out with some blatant religious music, they might have to include all religions, because they might seem morally biased or things of that nature, so perhaps none of that in the official music store.

To be fair, Behemoth (A notoriously anti-christian black metal band) and Slayer (nuff said), among others, have been available as DLC for a LONG while.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black metal is almost always anti-Christian. I'm surprised someone mentioned Black Magic, someone actually acknowledged Slayer made more than Raining Blood...

With the exception of Monster (only good song that terrible week), Faith+1 easily beats everything that week.

DPooch  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Celeles wrote:
DPooch wrote:

To be fair, Behemoth (A notoriously anti-christian black metal band) and Slayer (nuff said), among others, have been available as DLC for a LONG while.

Yeah, I kinda thought about that after I posted.

But I can only hope they'll include everything at some point.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: poochz0rz
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: